View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #6509 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
It's all easily searchable on anything but google, maybe try observer-expectancy effect also called the observer-expectancy effect.
I like how people claim to be so science smart but then claim to know nothing about this aspect of science.

Even if the climate gates and scientific misconduct claims are fiction we know funding bias exists.

The agw religion is the Titanic and the believers just bailing water over the side.
I have seen articles in Science and Nature regarding professional misconduct.You don't see a lot of it.
It wouldn't surprise me if some have abused the system.People are people.
I have some examples of evidence of funding bias in the climate skeptic/contrarian/denier community,involving fake-science and fossil-fuel funding.
So maybe I'm not completely science dumb.
I GOOGLED observer expectancy effect.Seems like it wouldn't be germane to climate science.I don't know how one would influence Earth over the course of an experiment, like a 3-D atmospheric,terrestrial,ocean,-coupled,general circulation model.All one could do is compare observation data the model's output, and see if there was any agreement or not.It's not like quantum physics,where the very act of observation can actually alter what you're observing.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (08-15-2019)