View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 03:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
rob.e
just joined..

Civic - '15 Honda Civic Tourer SR
Update: REMAP.

I've had the car re-mapped a few weeks ago - this is a very common thing for diesel drivers in the uk to do, lots of aftermarket companies offering a re-flash to give you a map that normally just focuses on adding fuel and allowing more boost (= more power).

I found a company that offered a map that also considers the efficiency on low/part throttle and aims to improve on the factory settings.

It's much smoother with the new map, general driving its a nicer car to drive. Full boost is much stronger and it picks up speed much better than before (and uses more fuel as a result) but when i'm driving eco to the max it is much easier to get higher MPG numbers than i was before.

It's now easier than it was before to get in the 70s mpg on my commute. Best i've seen was one motorway (freeway) stretch a couple of weeks ago that was constrained by traffic and speed cameras to 50mph. Over around a 20 mile stretch i got up to 100 mpg which is the best i've seen on this car. It dropped back down after this section but the trip was still 85ish mpg over 150 mile route.

Next i've got some aero tweaks i want to make; grille blocker, diffuser and wheel covers - i'll get going on those mods in the next few weeks.

Last edited by rob.e; 10-22-2019 at 04:05 AM.. Reason: correct typo