View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #7878 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
China Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I was joking, I'm not really affected by the shill invading our little sanctuary.

For the record I do not deny that AGWDs are in denial. I've already said I expect runaway greenhouse.

Just like sea level and air pressure, I think IQ varies geographically too. That would explain China not getting with the program on pollution and Africa on overpopulation.

In other news. Greta Thunberg is stuck in North America. Calling grownups childish.

Seeker: How Close Are We to Zero-Emissions Electricity?

edit:
I watched it. They skip right over 4th-gen fission for the lure of fusion, and smart metering but no software-defined electricity. B-.
Until China meets the metric for a 'developed' nation,it's exempt from carbon emissions restrictions.And Richard Heinberg mentioned in his 'THE END OF GROWTH',that China is gonna build as fast as it can,as long as it can.Currently,China leads the world in electric automobiles,solar energy,wind energy,they may build up to 245-nuclear power plants,they lead the world in grid-scale energy storage R&D,probably in rooftop solar hot water.Their Three-Gorges Dam is the world's largest hydroelectric facility.They have the best laboratories in the world.As of 2011,they had a 40% savings rate and no shortage of investment capital.
In 2005,the United States produced a retail valued $17-billion worth of greenhouse gas emissions in China, rather than in the USA.We've been offshoring our carbon emissions since Clinton was in office.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some believe that the best contraceptive for Africa will be,parents confident that their children will live to see adulthood.And TV news broadcasts about 'Octo-Mom' probably doesn't help either.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-09-2019)