View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
My back problems have been in remission for 6 or 8 weeks, not sure why.

This is ontopic, it made my day.

lowtechmagazine.com:Mist Showers: Sustainable Decadence?

Buckminster Fuller invented the fog gun for his Dymaxion house. It used 1/10th the water but it was like showering with a pressure washer. In the 1970 a hand portable version was designed in Canada that used VW parts.

Quote:
The five-nozzle mist shower offers significant water and energy savings compared to a “normal” shower and does so without sacrificing comfort. However, is it sustainable enough? If eight billion people used a five-nozzle mist shower, all wind turbines in the world could still only provide two billion people with a daily hot shower. And, compared to a one-minute Navy shower – which is entirely focused on efficiency, not on comfort – energy use is five times higher, and water use is twice as high. So, let’s see what happens when we decrease the number of nozzles, still assuming average shower frequency and duration...
I have a fiberglass shower stall I can modify, instead of the steampunk-over-ceramic tiles version they show.

I'll need 90° mister heads.