View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 04:02 AM   #103 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I finally got Mom's old bed and my brother’s box spring out of my office. I got the solid wooden door that I bought for my bedroom, but never installed, out of my bedroom, and Mom’s old recliner out of the garage. The giant cardboard box for her new recliner was also in the garage. I spent the entire evening removing packaging tape and staples.

I piled everything on Mom's car yesterday, but I lost too much time discovering that she does not have a tow hook. I had my brother help me move her mattress onto my car, but I didn't have time to load up her old recliner and take everything to the dump before my last appointment yesterday. We watched a clip from "Big Bang Theory," I read my client a section from "A Series of Unfortunate Events," and I made money!

Why don't they give me more clients?

My brother carried the box back to my office, I helped him carry the mattress back, and he put everything else back, including big, heavy, and awkward stuff.

We carried the mattress on 2x4s and it was amazing how light and manageable it seemed as long as my brother kept it balanced—until we got to the gate.

Are you guys familiar with the forearm forklift? I bought a kit for an old roommate that frequently helped people move:

I didn't buy it for myself, but I had cargo straps. I tried to improvise, but my brother was more interested in shoving the mattress than following instructions.

My client did not cooperate and I was afraid that I would need to drop him because he wasn't making progress. The mom suggested that I got him to use his iPad like the last therapist did. Hopefully that is more productive than trying to get him to play with me.

His siblings are adults and do not help much; eventually she will probably need to put my client in a group home.

I wish that his siblings cared more.

I rushed home and had my brother help me load everything. I just hoped to get to the dump before it closed.

When I pulled onto the main street the giant cargo strap broke and everything fell into the street. I pulled into the first driveway and tried to park, but my car inexplicably stopped.

I got everything out of the road and back on my car. I tied the two pieces back together and spent half an hour getting the mechanism unstuck.

I just drove everything to storage, but I grabbed Jenga and the last set of stainless steel wire rack shelves that I bought. Mom prohibited me from putting them in her room, but my brother didn't...

I was looking forward to finally getting something to eat and drink, but they were leaving, so I went to set up the shelves in his room.

His room is full of toys and more than enough crayons for an entire company of Marines.

I could only open the door about halfway. I filled two plastic tubs and piled the rest on his bed until I had enough room.

The set of shelves barely fit between his bed and the door and now there is a clear path from the door to his bed. I thought that both of them would throw a tantrum, but Mom said “That is probably a good idea” and my brother just obsessed over picking up all of the debris on his carpet.

My office, my bedroom, my brother’s room, and the garage are slightly less cluttered. There were many other things that I wanted to accomplish today. Hopefully I do all of them tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61FBUgPhNqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	28232  
Joggernot (05-21-2020)