View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 10:28 PM   #3470 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Quick poll:
If you were going to re-use a nissan leaf motor controller, would you want to go to the extra possible expense of having the stock external 15 pin connector that goes with the motor controller, or would you prefer something like a waterproof cable gland with the 15 wires coming out of it (all shrink wrapped so that the cable gland could grip tightly around it, and then a 15 wire pigtail, with something like insulated quick disconnects? Or some other alternative?
I know nothing about this connector ... so I answered the question 5 times

Hmmm. In my opinion, the stock external 15 pin connector is only helpful if you are using the parts of the leaf that make use of that connector, or you have a cable harness that includes the connector. I don't think that is likely if you are 're-using' the controller.

If you have a 15 wire pigtail, the ends have to land somewhere.

If there a high voltage junction box that this normally goes to, I'd vote for the pigtail.

If the 15 pin connector is for control stuff coming from the dashboard, keep the connector.

If some goes to the dash, some to the throttle, and some other places ... I'd stay with the pigtail since you will need a box for terminations and to open up for troubleshooting.

I don't think that will help your poll very much
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (05-29-2020)