View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 07:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
How do I ad-hominem? Is it fun? :)

Does everyone see that warning? I never saw it before I clicked on "Go Advanced."

Opening an account just for a parts car sounded like too much effort. Besides, I went to the local credit union and asked to open an account. The previously-friendly-seeming lady said "Oh, you don't want to open an account with us!"

If I ever return to that school I would tell them that I had a new bank account and open a local one, maybe at National Bank, the one place that was willing to notarize something for me.

For the record, Safeway always has human cashiers, and I can still get cash back.

Oops!

I apologize for going off-topic, but I stopped at Home Depot today, and spent $5.11 for a non-chip key for my Honda, so I have at least 3 keys that will at least open my passenger door, if necessary.

It looks like I will be paying the third-party surcharge to send out stuff today:
  1. My fast Lenovo.
  2. My old distributor
  3. My nephew's Lego-filled piņata [already late]
If they have a notary then I will get some forms signed and then I need to find a convenient place to mail them.

My sister in California found my name listed twice on MissingMoney.com. She hasn't really given me a reason to doubt her, although I did a search for it before going there. Wikipedia says that it is a government site, so then you can ask if you can trust the government, but I wouldn't be giving them information they didn't already have.

Heck, they have my DNA!

I mentioned this to a completely different woman in Tucson and she wrote "I wouldn't trust Wikipedia if I were you but that's just me."

I have never found anything significantly wrong with its data. Yes, allegedly anyone can edit it, but it is peer-reviewed, so if you tried to claim that the current POTUS was born yesterday, it would be changed back quickly, and they may show intolerance of your free speech.

I didn't read that message in a timely fashion. The Internet was out and my data was hardly working. I had more pressing matters than maintaining contact with people that I may never meet. The next morning, when I was catching up on messages, she wrote me again, saying "I guess that we are not talking anymore."

Once I finally had the time to read her first message I didn't see how it merited a response. I am unsure that her second one does, either. I asked on Facebook what the correct response to the former was and nobody has given me a good suggestion, so I am not going to worry about it. Someone responded "[M]ost people who say they don't trust wikipedia do so because they don't like what it says rather than having any actual information that is contrary."

Wikipedia wasn't the only source indicating that MissingMoney.com was legitimate, just the only one that I mentioned. Wikipedia's source is the Washington Post, which is good enough for me, but https://www.usa.gov/unclaimed-money also directs you there.

If it were a scam I am confident that it would claim that I had enough money to care about. Allegedly I have had money waiting since 2003-2004--if I can prove that I lived at the addresses shown.

I am not paying for a notary stamp for 2003-2004 money. I was a starving student!