View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 09:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adam Mortimer
EcoModding Lurker

Micra - '98 Nissan Micra
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The wind noise might be ameliorated by replacing the weather stripping in the door windows. You could probe around with a stethoscope. A layer of Dynamat or similar on the floor wouldn't add much weight.
Hullo Freebeard! I'm definitely going to go probing for the source of the noise, the weather strips are in good condition but some extra padding to dampen everything can't hurt!

I see those Metros often here as Suzuki Swifts... Very cheerful and tough little cars, there's one near me that went to Mongolia and back as part of a big rally!

An undertray is on my list. The engine runs very cold stock, it barely warms up in the winter chill and so an undertray would probably improve not just its aerodynamics, but also keep it warm and safe from road salt in the winter! I need to poach some Coroplast from signboards and set to making one.

As for a rear fender skirt... well, I got a 3d printer for Christmas so I can fabricate nice curved parts very easily. So those skirts for my rear arches, which have MASSIVE gaps 'tween wheel and arch, are aeromod numbero uno on my list. I'll post them in a separate thread for the Micra once they're printed out. Thanks for all your advice, it's nice to get suggestions
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Mortimer For This Useful Post:
freebeard (02-19-2021)