View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 04:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
octinum
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
What does she drive?
Another Citroen, 2005 C5 3.0 v6. Again, converted to LPG. That was the only post-facelift C5 with the Hydractive 3+ suspension I could find in Turkey at the time. Not many cars compare to its suspension comfort in soft mode, and it goes to "hard" suspension when required, for example, a moose test.

It's not a bad car for its size and engine in extra urban trips. The car lowers itself around 0.8in at the front and around 0.5in at the rear, when you accelerate past 68mph and if the road surface is suitable. Before LPG conversion, I remember it would do 29mpg (8 l/100km), with an average speed close to 80mph and aircon on all the time.

It's pointless for city driving of course, but we already have 3 cars and I want to keep the car for long distance trips with family.

Quote:
I didn't even remember the Xantia being available with the 8-valve engine.
I don't think Citroen themselves remember all the engine options they sold with Xantia. It can be a country-specific thing, but X1 (Series 1) Xantias had this engine, and also a turbocharged version called "Turbo Constant Torque".

Quote:

I assume your car has what is often called a "positive pressure" LPG conversion. Is it sequential?
Yes, I believe that's what it's called. It's a sequential system, with a separate ECU, regulator/evaporator and 4 separate port injectors. They are mounted I can access easily, in fact, one of the injectors have some wiring issues right now and I'll use this as an excuse to add four connectors and short wires for the future.