View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 12:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octinum View Post
That was the only post-facelift C5 with the Hydractive 3+ suspension I could find in Turkey at the time. Not many cars compare to its suspension comfort in soft mode, and it goes to "hard" suspension when required, for example, a moose test.
AFAIK the adjustable suspension was a standard feature for the ones sold in my country, yet it's a PITA to find mechanics who know what they're doing while servicing vehicles fitted with this type of suspension.

Quote:
It's pointless for city driving of course, but we already have 3 cars and I want to keep the car for long distance trips with family.
Sure it might be a nice car for long distance trips, but I must confess I would be quite tempted to get a Peugeot Partner/Citroën Berlingo instead. I have even seen some with underbody CNG tanks, as it's more usual than LPG in Brazil and some neighboring countries. I hardly see a Diesel-powered one by now actually.

Quote:
I don't think Citroen themselves remember all the engine options they sold with Xantia. It can be a country-specific thing, but X1 (Series 1) Xantias had this engine, and also a turbocharged version called "Turbo Constant Torque".
I remember the turbocharged engine being fitted to the Peugeot 806. Haven't seen one for more than 10 years.

Quote:
Yes, I believe that's what it's called. It's a sequential system, with a separate ECU, regulator/evaporator and 4 separate port injectors.
I used to see some illegal LPG conversions in my country that didn't have an evaporator, yet once in a while the intake manifold could freeze.