Thread: AMA on noise
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Curly1
EcoModding Lurker

Princess - '08 Chevy HHR LSSR
90 day: 23.66 mpg (US)
Whoa! Hold on there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
The problem here is that you, like so many other people, seem to see freedom as purely one-sided: you get to do whatever you want, and damn the rest of the world. Sorry, but I think that just as your freedom to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose, so does your freedom to run loud pipes end at my ears.
I said open exaust is definatly NOT the answer. I do not like being woke up at 3:00 am by some motorcycle on the highway a mile away.

I do NOT run open exhaust even on my race car! I am alway respectful of other drivers and move over to let them by if they want by. I just do not like that some people have more "Freedoms" than others and that America basically has laws against everything. Stating a fact we are not the land of the Free any longer.

Also stating a fact that to make a car (or motorcycle) quiet it has a cost of performance, economy and weight. Fact.
I do not want laws passed to make changing pipes, intakes or anything else illegal to your vehicles. That is the whole reason for this web site is to discuss how to modify your vehicle to perform better for your needs. That does not mean I run open exhaust or want to hear others doing it. Still I want people to have the right to modify them. Create more laws and tax more to enforce them is not the answer in my opinion.
All car manufacturors make some concessions to get a car to perform and meet the customers needs and budget.