View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
If you are not mechanically inclined I would bring a mechanic or mechanic friend with you to give a broad overview. If you are afraid to meet them at their home, the next best thing is find a garage nearby that does vehicle inspections and request that you both meet there. You kill two birds with one stone.

I was always taught that people do not sell cars because they are good, of course their are exceptions, but better to be skeptical. Just be prepared to drive home something that may need some attention in the near future, no used car is perfect.

Otherwise each brand vehicle has its qwerks, like rust in certain areas, notorious for this braking down .. etc.

So familiarize yourself with the vehicle you like then seek out a used one. Otherwise good luck.

As far as money is concerned, I always keep it it in multiple pockets that way I can negociate a lower price because the owner sees I have no more money after I go into one pocket. If that didn't work I reach into the second pocket and etc ... Bring small bills, like 20's, often the sight of money excites the seller and leads to a better desperate deal ... plus he sees you have it and would not want you to walk away.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???