2008-09-16 404 9.036 $3.979 44.71 "First official (measured) fill-up. About 50% of the time I did some gas saving driving techniques. Also I did have weatherstripping installed around headlights for the last 150 or so miles, but I don't think that would have changed the numbers very much.
***I forgot to hit the trip gauge until about 10 miles after I had just bought the car and filled up sooo... the mpg should be even better than this!***"
2008-09-19 439.4 9.062 $3.89 48.49 "Trip gauge was hit on time around! Only thing done fully was the complete sealing around headlights and hood. Also installed Bosch Icon wiper blades before this log. (I don't think that changed anything that much)"
2008-09-24 457.4 9.1 $3.99 50.26 "Nothing has changed just got a little more serious with the driving styles like EOC and min. idle time. Maybe it's because I'm looking for a new name, it inspired the little thing to go farther. Anyway I'm EXTREMELY pumped to have broken the 50 MPG milestone in only my third tank ever!!"
2008-10-03 541.5 10.8 $3.79 50.14 "First tank on the Scangauge. I had to fill up a tad because I was out of gas, so that's why it's a bit higher on the fuel used. Plus the place I went to had Ethanol and I didn't want to fill up with that yucky junk! Very strange tank... the scangauge said I was getting about 55MPG but after crunching the numbers it's not that much better than the last tank!? UGH!! So I tried to calibrate my SG so it works better. Supposedly it's off 11.3%!? seems a bit much since the first test after I bought it the thing was right on! UGH... the learning curve is steep, oh well. Maybe I should start modding the car to see some real numbers!"
2008-10-08 485 9.08 $3.65 53.41 "Missed a couple fill-ups because I took a trip down to ATL and you've got to speed or die down there. Speed limit downtown (hwy) was 55 and no joke everyone was hitting 70 or better! Amazing!! I didn't even pay attention to my right foot soo... Here's the first back to normal tank. My normal commute 63 miles ONE WAY to school and back over a week. Not bad. And I took off my passenger mirror finally! Oh, and the grill block is in place too. I'm not sure if those are the reasons for the improved MPG but I'm sure it helps a little. The block doesn't fit exactly perfect which may be why I'm not having any issues with over heating. hmmm... So my backyard handy work actually turned into a blessing!"
2008-10-24 477.4 10.3 $2.919 46.35 "I'm so ashamed! That's what I get for running late to class!!!! UGH!! a drop of 7MPG! DANG IT! ok so I'm gonna do better on the next tank! No more leaving late, and only ultra smooth driving! Oh and I filled up with Premium this time so we'll see if that impacts the mileage a bit also. ....Well I guess I can't be too mad, 46MPG is still better than just about every car on the road right now! Funny how I can speed at 60-75MPH and still get 46 miles per gallon!"