2009-06-13 40 1 $2.65 40 "I can only go by day and temperature and overall week or so with miles/cost compare..for example, tomorrow , as it warms, the fuel guage will be more than when I began cool today...need a guage for carb model!"
2009-11-08 290 11 $2.65 26.36 "fuel dropped to ""half mileage"". A phenomona I have not deciphered. perfectly half would indicate a sloppy secondary barrel (idle was rough to the point of almost missing)...and temps dropped so fast valves tapped and roof rack screamed on the way home . southern maine to northern maine is like that....within subaru specs, but it is not the point of my quest with it."
2010-01-16 40 1 $2.85 40 "Have not travelled. A previous fill up had a top tank leak, bizarre, steel is good. Chemistry reliefed out a gasket. Flux from welding wire, direct shot though welded filler tube. (Take Warning).Tried at half tank yesterday, back to normal for above freezing. 40mpg +. Chemistry gone.
Custom hollow resonator is proving to be Huge keeper, engine very mellow and more power less throttle.. No heat rise this year, keeps idle high longer, I have to, no choice. (this takes fuel) c/n: back to normal above freezing."
2010-03-04 165 5 $2.71 33 "I have to overestimate fuel, the old school setup needs to do this. Actual is 35mpg or better. moved roof rail back, better flow. Diesel spell seems to be done with it. carb is back to whistling on primary barrell (it is the size of my thumb). this is a great sign, fuel is light atomized, aired."
2010-05-25 80 1.7 $2.75 47.06 "less than 2 gallons, a little over 80 miles. the locale is very very hot for the day of year into the 90s F. Riding expansion in a low pressure system gets the 50s easliy for the subaru...the tank sealed strongly may beat my old record into the 60s mpg. Applied minimal two barrel, easy on throttle, taller gears etc. Rolling slow towards redlights, avoiding complete stops. the coolant is very non-reactive as the routine goes, I must have found what was bothering it into expansion, last year (I had a hunch I did). 23rd summer, original. Also, this is first summer with castrol edge.. that may be the coolant helper, can't say for certain."
2010-06-21 80 1.7 $2.79 47.06 "Recent welds, wheel well undercoat.. looked forward to solisitice ride (car had physics when purchased) .. a pinhole discovered in seam of tank, siliconed. Bizarre oem error.holding for now. Car is stiff, hit sweet spot. Engine sound is large and clean, pinhole fixed is a better feeder. Lean is returning. Engine braking yeilds no smokes...may tighten pcv back towards a smarter than oem.New tank should yield 50s and beyond. The mid 40s is backroads, hills, stops, leaning, curves and every other backwoods maine thing. I won't hit 60s like a DL, power steering does use power...50s easily is coming soon..I left at less than .25 tank, on the way back, 3 gallons doubled what it had. Less than 2 gallons.. made it a 1.7 gallon usage..(it actually used less than that)"