2008-06-18 203 11.93 17.02 "First measured tank on the cherokee since the restore. I have 31"" off road tires on this vehicle so the odometer is not accurate. it read 178 which is actually closer to 202.92 (I have to add about 14% still working on the exact conversion.) according to the GPS when I am going 50mph on the speedo I am actually doing 57mph which if I did my math right is actually 14.00% I did 50/7 came up with 7.14 so I took 100 and divided by 7.14 and came up with 14.00% is that the correct math for the correcting value? When I have a nice sunny slow day I am going to go 10miles by mile markers and GPS and then compare that to the trip meter. So for now I am using 14% until I get a more accurate reading.

Sadly it looks like the Cherokee is also seeing a viscious hit from the fraking ethanol. 17mpg SUCKS I was getting 22-24 reliably previously (over 5 years ago) :-("
2010-04-04 242.8 13.8 $2.95 17.59 "I broke the metro (snapped a caliper bolt) and I need to tow a trailer and don't have a hitch on the metro yet so Out comes the cherokee. Decided to try washed gas on the jeep and see what happens.

had to make 13.8 gallons to fill it up. Which is good thats about the same 70% mix the metro got on its first go of washed gas.

already have over 170 miles on it just today (4/5) and its already trending better. We shall see. I will probably put a few hundred more miles on it before switching back to the metro so I should get a good read on the mileage.

as usually started right up and purrrs nicely. It really likes ethanol free gas a lot better. No more ""spitting"" and idles smoother."
2010-04-06 325.9 15.45 21.09 "Well the results speak the loudest. Keep in mind this was VERY MUCH not ideal. Part of this was 10 minutes at high throttle yanking a stuck van out of some ruts took 4wd and a few yanks :-) Plus 30 minutes idling.

Back at work another hour idling around and using a tow dolly to move some concrete bumpers around and going to fetch a new snow blower (well 46 year old SB) off CL wherein I mounted it TO THE ROOF and this things a beast.

and I STILL manages to beat 21mpg by removing the ethanol from less than 14 gallons of gas and WINTER blend no less.

I don't have time to make 15+ gallons of eth free gas so I just refilled it with normal wawa regular. I think I burned off enough of the washed gas to not have a phase separation issue with the little bit of water in the 4 gallons left in the tank (I hope :-)

If I drive it enough for another fill we shall see if it goes back down to 17mpg although it does have some eth free gas in the tank so probably not all the way back down :-)"