|Dreamsight (Personal Driving):
||2006 Honda Insight MT
|Coefficient of drag:
||Note: IMA system disabled, gasoline only.
Bought with 254K miles for $1500. Mechanically perfect. 99% rust free for being a Michigan car. 1 owner except for the guy I bought it from owned it for 1 week and didn't like it. Has none of the common issues with Insights - no oil leak, no transmission grind, no wet seatbelt issue, almost no rust, rear hatch works, power locks and windows work. Body needs a little work - paint is scuffed and needs to be buffed and retouched (partially fixed). Fender skirts are bolted in place (fixed). One rearview mirror is bondoed back on (removed). Front pumper is pitted and I am hoping to repaint or replace it eventually (partially touched up).
254,800 - valves adjusted, new 12V battery installed
255,000 - ground straps replaced
255,500 - brighter reverse LEDs installed
256,000 - panoramic rear view mirror installed
256,100 - passenger mirror deleted
256,200 - smaller driver's side mirror installed
256,300 - license plate light replaced with LED
256,400 - Regen switch wired up
256,500 - Car detailed and paint touched up
256,600 - Scott's belly pan installed
Best trip so far: 90.9 MPG over 31.6 miles, all back roads. Temp ~ 50 F.
||2006 Honda Insight MT Build Thread
- Bridgestone Potenzas @ 60 PSI.
- Custom center armrest (came with car)
- Rubber floor mats
- Lower grille block
- Torque Lite app to monitor temps
- Warm air intake
- Rear wiper delete
- Rear belly pan
- Panoramic rear view mirror, removes blind spots (link to buy)
- Passenger mirror delete
- Brighter LED reverse lights (link to buy)
- Brake reduction clips (link to buy)
- Smaller driver's side mirror
- LED license plate light
- Daox's Ecomodder shift knob
- Regen switch (currently inoperable, IMA disabled)
- Paint touched up with OEM Honda Rally Red (Civic SI coupe OEM color). Very close match to the Insight's New Formula Red
- Scott's belly pan (link to buy)
- IMA disabled (better fuel economy)
- White LED front running lights
- LED "CK" non-polarity-specific brake/taillights
- Scangauge II (curtesy of Ecomodder & Linear Logic: Ecomodder 11th Anniversary Contest)
- New driver's side mirror
- Full IMA delete w/ 100% IMA SOC Arduino spoof (more efficient engine map)
- Cut rear springs to relower rear after IMA delete.
- Lower the rear floor for more cargo space
- Upgrade speakers
- HID headlight kit
- Full belly pan (replace stock panels and further smooth the underbody)
- Modify custom center armrest to integrate it better with the car and add a center console.
- Nokian Nordman 165/65R14 winter tires on my HX rims
- Experiment with boattail using coroplast, aluminum, and wood.
|Official Fuel Economy Ratings
|Actual Fuel Economy Performance
|Last 3 tanks
|View Fuel Log
Last updated: Jan 12, 2019