Dollar: 1994 Geo Metro XFI
Displacement: 1 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 1621 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.36
Frontal area: 18.84 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: vacuum gauge
Description: I rescued this XFI from the junkyard. I was buying parts for my in-law's Jetta and recognized a nearby Metro as an XFI. Fortunately nobody had pulled much off of it. All that was wrong was a burned valve, broken door glass and handles, and it was filthy dirty. I cleaned it up, rebuilt the engine and installed a new clutch while I was at it. Easily replaced door glass and handles. These things are so easy to work on, it's actually enjoyable! It runs and drives great. 58 mpg on the first tank! I drove a VW Beetle for years because I liked the concept of a small light weight car that was fun to drive and easy and cheap to maintain. After giving that up for a Rabbit pickup turbodiesel I often thought I would like to pick up another Beetle. Now I have the modern day version of the Beetle. The Metro fits the same concept but is more efficient due to employment of modern day technology.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Rebuilt engine
Singh grooves in the head
Syncromesh in the transmission
Stripped interior
LSI headlights
Pumped up tires

Planned Mods: MPGuino. All the aero mods: grill block, lowering, boattail, undertray or spoiler, skirts, wheel discs, etc.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 43 mpg(US)
EPA highway 51 mpg(US)
EPA combined 46 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 54.95 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 54.96 mpg(US)
90 days 53.36 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Jan 27, 2010

(Created: 2009-09-05 11:55:14 / Modified: 2010-01-28 00:44:44)