E-car: 1984 Toyota Corolla LE
Displacement: 0 L
Fuel type: electric
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 2200 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 31
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: The Corolla's life as a ICE vehicle ended as of March 15th 2009. I have had 2 different controllers, motors, charging systems. My choice of motor controllers is found right here on Ecomodder. I have built one of Paul Holmes Cougar controllers. After a year of driving and 3,300 miles all is still working great. With the addition of a 10" motor replacing my 6.7" acceleration is the same but torque and efficiency is up about 25%. I chosen bank charging for my car and I am onto my 2nd design which is working good and is a lot less expensive than a a single high amp 96V charger.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: My car was 1st finished in November of "09". I have just repowered it with a Mars electric ME 1002 10" motor. I am also on my 2nd type of battery charging system, this time with 2 Lestronic II 48V chargers. I am settling into driving and saving for new batteries as the next step in owning a useful EV.

Planned Mods: My car is essentially finished and is driven daily. I set aside some money each week that I would have spent on gas if I were to use my truck which I will use for new batteries when the time comes.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 0 mpg(US)
EPA highway 0 mpg(US)
EPA combined 0 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 0 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 0 mpg(US)
90 days No data entered

Trip Log
To work 0 mpg (US)

(Created: 2009-12-18 03:18:37 / Modified: 2010-12-29 13:57:21)