The Ol' Oldsmobile: 2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2
Displacement: 3.4 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 3007 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.32
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: Solid American car. You can't really get a v6 with better mileage. The rad fans don't come on so my engine gets just a tad too hot. I drive it very gently especially during town driving.
I drive it to and from school/co-op every day. A large part is on the 80km/h country roads, but there is a lot of city driving which shoots down my economy. Used to be about 100km/day, less now that i'm closer to work.

I drive like a grandma, since I'm a student and gas costs so much. When I say "like a grandma" , that's what it looks like to the general public. What's really happening is that I'm monitoring the traffic around me, calculating the expected outcomes of all cars that could affect me as well as monitoring my engine rpm and throttle. I hate wearing shoes while driving. My preferred method is barefoot, much more control.

I'm a mechanical engineering student, so this sort of thing really interests me. Please contact with any suggestions.
Thanks!
Build Thread:
Current Mods: Iridium spark plugs.
I keep my tires at 38psi.
Balding tires, much slicker and more economical.

Planned Mods: Fix under-body plastic, hopefully help with the aerodynamic drag a bit.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 18 mpg(US)
EPA highway 27 mpg(US)
EPA combined 21 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 27.68 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 27.68 mpg(US)
90 days 27.68 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Aug 10, 2011

(Created: 2011-08-11 11:33:37 / Modified: 2011-08-11 12:03:53)