The Honda: 1988 Honda CRX DX
Displacement: 1.5 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: manual
Curb weight: 1800 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.33
Frontal area: 0 sq.ft.
Instrumentation:
Description: When I got the CRX, unbeknownst to me, it was running on only 15.5 valves. That made it the world's most-awkward 3-cylinder, and as a result, it didn't run very well. Or very long, as it turned out. So after completely dying just before November, it sat until it was revived... in July. My grandiose plans to build it as an HF, or the mythical CRX VX, didn't come to fruition as I needed the car to be running as soon as possible (the Dakota was not only killing me on gas, but also developed three minor-but-time-consuming mechanical ailments simultaneously).
Build Thread:
Current Mods: At the moment, the Honda is just about bone stock, except for a couple of mods that save weight (which is to say, some of the interior evaporated before I bought it).

Planned Mods: I'm would like to rebuild the motor for economy. I haven't entirely decided if I'm going to make it like an HF (D15B6) or VX (D15Z1) motor. Either way, I would like to add some compression, and possibly doing some other modifications to support economy. Maybe some aero work on the crank to reduce windage, some basic porting of the head and intake (port match, etc). This will, of course, be matched to an appropriate, geared-to-the-moon transmission. Minor aero mods for the body are probably also in the future, including belly pan and maybe a partial grille-block. I might even remove the passenger mirror, but the car is hideously scary to drive anyway, so maybe not.
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 29 mpg(US)
EPA highway 35 mpg(US)
EPA combined 32 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 47.43 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 47.48 mpg(US)
90 days 47.43 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Aug 02, 2013

(Created: 2013-04-24 02:40:52 / Modified: 2013-08-02 01:39:23)