purgatory: 2000 Plymouth Voyager (minivan) se
Displacement: 3.3 L
Fuel type: gasoline
Transmission: automatic
Curb weight: 3696 lbs
Coefficient of drag: 0.37
Frontal area: 30.14 sq.ft.
Instrumentation: factory installed
Description: over powered, over weight, pointed brick. but with room for a bed in the back, with head room.

this is my stuck in the middle rig. between the V10 34' winnibago and the 3 cylinder metro. not as comfy as one and nor as thrifty on gas as the other. but with deep cycle batteries, fridge/freezer, propane heat, stove n grill along with an awning and a few toys I think ill be comfy enough and if I can improve the mpgs on this pig maybe I wont go broke living on the road...

just purchased but seams reasonably maintained.
Build Thread:
Current Mods: adjusting the nut behind the wheel. learning to drive based on factory mpg read out. wonder how accurate that is. it has instant and trip read outs

replaced worn out drive(front) tires. el cheapo's for now but 4.7% narrower and 1.1% taller still with in the stock spec range. and speedo is spot on now at 50mph against my garmin gps

lightened the load by removing both 2nd and 3rd row seating

Planned Mods: after a few tanks for baseline

basic tune parts, good fresh plugs n wires. fuel injection cleaning.

keep improving driving technique.

max out tire pressure

simple aero mods.

smooth wheel covers, rear skirts. roof rack mod (cant remove as I carry a kayak alot)

after solar and battery bank instal I may wire in an alternator cutout switch

these thing's are way over powered, and I got stuck with one of fhe bigger 6's. would love to figure out a way to de-tune the engine that would help the fuel economy. maybe a throttle limiter or a restrictor in the intake. dont know just thinking aloud...

underbody tray and then a part boattail or large camback.

also need to find best way of hauling the kayak, short of a shorter one that fits inside. that will depend on how bad the kayak hits the mpg
Official Fuel Economy Ratings
EPA city 16 mpg(US)
EPA highway 23 mpg(US)
EPA combined 19 mpg(US)

Actual Fuel Economy Performance
Lifetime 23.82 mpg(US)
Last 3 tanks 23.82 mpg(US)
90 days 23.82 mpg(US)
View Fuel Log
Last updated: Jan 23, 2017

(Created: 2017-01-23 20:57:29 / Modified: 2017-01-23 21:05:57)