Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
That depends. About the only time my vehicles see anything remotely resembling a major metro area - heck, a minor metro area - - is the half mile between interstate exit and grocery store.

The problem really is the automakers designing for the least common denominator.
And you’re part of a minority. Too few people to matter in terms of demography.

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-08-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
time at speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
It isn’t the range. It’s the conditions.

Time spent at a speed where aero benefits are real. Versus killing the utility of the box shape. The trade-off.
My out-of-towners may not be representative of a standard,mean,national average,but the aero mods have allowed real world hwy mileage as high as 39.9mpg,on regular unleaded,and range well in excess of 900 miles/tank.
It's the reason I keep at it.
I have expectations of breaking the 40-mpg barrier in 2020.
My last tip down to the VA Hospital cost me 3.5-hours for a 55-mile 1-way commute.So I understand the average speed issue.
If I ran the world, there'd be a moratorium on real estate development for every local impacted by traffic congestion.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
My out-of-towners may not be representative of a standard,mean,national average,but the aero mods have allowed real world hwy mileage as high as 39.9mpg,on regular unleaded,and range well in excess of 900 miles/tank.
It's the reason I keep at it.
I have expectations of breaking the 40-mpg barrier in 2020.
My last tip down to the VA Hospital cost me 3.5-hours for a 55-mile 1-way commute.So I understand the average speed issue.
If I ran the world, there'd be a moratorium on real estate development for every local impacted by traffic congestion.
That congestion (post-1970 metro sprawl with attendant ethnic cleansing pushed out newly built Interstates) was engineered-in to guarantee the profit in Finance, Insurance and Real Estate.

Amazing how easy it is when the end result doesn’t matter to you or to your relatives. Easy access to fake dollars is the pipeline.

“Road trips” are one-third or less of annual miles for RV’ers (as example). Utility means ease of access & egress from the vehicle.

So your moratorium needs to include the 1930 daily closure of all restaurants and retail. None at all on Sunday.

Family means something or it doesn’t. Laws in support are wholly consistent thereby. (Id also include elimination of Daylight Savings).

And the return to family wages. Paid to a husband. Return per capita productivity and pay hikes to the 1950s standard.

The environment in which the high mpg car has to make sense. It’ll be a sedan with capacity for the whole family & luggage. 4,000-lbs, 122” WB.

With public transport covering most needs, then the car RE-assumes its rightful place.

A society of families is healthy. A society of lonely individuals is close to collapse.

The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-19-2018)
Reply  Post New Thread