Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2021, 05:13 PM   #691 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Not intending to argue against your points, but you have portrayed every employer as being unreasonable in various ways and seemingly annoyed by you. Is there any reason why an employer might find difficulty in having you as an employee? Even if you're right in every case, there is a tactful way to demonstrate one's correctness that preserves the hierarchy of the employer/employee relationship.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-22-2021, 06:18 PM   #692 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
The agency doesn't benefit monetarily from making me fill out this form repeatedly.
It doesn't cost them anything either does it? You get paid by the session right? So whether it take 5 minute or 5 hours for the paperwork it is all the same to the company.

Quote:
If my supervisor ever approves it the support coordinator will send it off for review, and someone unaffiliated with my organization would decide whether or not to send an SLP from Northern Arizona University to evaluate the client and if that SLP decides that the verbal client needs a communication device then the state would buy it a from medical device vendor.
So your company gets nothing? No referral fee, no hours for that SLP visit, no check box for a medical code that gets them paid. The owner of your agency doesn't have a medical device company on the side or an investment in one?

If nothing else they have a happy client that got a free iPad.

Quote:
If my supervisor were responsible for anything she would fill out the packet herself.
Isn't it her responsibility to be sure you do it right? All kidding aside I was under the impression that a SLP does the initial client visit, sets a treatment plan, and then hands it off to a SLPA to do the real work.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:23 PM   #693 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
None of my paperwork is done during the session. This was done after I stopped seeing the client.

I would need to call NAU to ask who vends the iPads. Someone please tell me how to get into this racket!

Yes, an SLP did the initial evaluation, but not by my previous supervisor. Before the pandemic a traveling SLP coordinated with several families in an area and visited everyone in one day.

That is if another agency didn't do the evaluation and then say "We don't have anyone available to treat. Good luck!

I have received several clients that were evaluated by a different agency, but never received therapy from them.

Right now Arizona pays $181.70 per evaluation.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:50 AM   #694 (permalink)
Eco Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
If you won lottery :

I had a close friend who won $27m in the lotto in 1989. Here’s what happened to he and his wife/kids…

1- Don't tell anyone, or they will ask you money or demand you to spent (with them), or even charge you to do things or call you a Scrooge or idiot if you don't spent it a lot.

He told everyone. They were even in local newspaper and magazine articles.

2- Keep in mind that money don't last forever if not invested.

More on this is a moment….

3- Remamber that you need a master plan about investment, and how much you can spent in a way to keep it in standart for life and future. Try to think like you was a boss and the month needs was like a employer salary.

The investment counselors they engaged told them they could turn the $27m into $80m in 25 years if they could live on $200k after taxes per year. Keep in mind this is 1989. I was making about $35k and paying taxes.

4- Don't start to buy very expensive things, cause it will make people suspect of you.

He went nuts. Bought the biggest MBZ, had custom Harleys commissioned, you name it. His wife was still fairly sane and wasn’t into the flash.

5- If possible, move away from where you live, maybe even change from city, if you have no family or strong connections.

They did move from where they had been living back to where I live and they had lived. It didn’t help since he blabbed it to everyone.

6- If people find out you got rich, be prepared to do not trust people anylonger, cause you will no longer know who likes you, since a lot of people will only have eyes for your money.

His father was the guy with the hand out the farthest. She had to tell him no more and as far as I know they never spoke to him again.

7- Clean your room and add a writing desk to it. I took this one a bit from uncle Jordan. ;-)
The couple divorced after about 3 years of him being an asshole. The lotto paid out over 20 years at the time. Their once a year check of just short of a million was now just under $500k per year each.
He moved away, bought business after business that failed. Spent money like a drunken sailor (apologies to drunken sailors)
She bought a nice home and raised the kids. Drove a Grand Cherokee. You would never know she was taking in nearly half a million a year.

By 2004-2005, he was calling her mid year to borrow money until their next checks came. She never lent him any. They got their last checks in 2009.

Today I think he’s a long haul truck driver.
She is the mom of two college graduates and lives in the same house.

Some people can handle it and some can’t.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:11 AM   #695 (permalink)
Not Doug

All Darc, is that you?
Old 10-23-2021, 12:48 PM   #696 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,050 Times in 1,384 Posts
Quote:
None of my paperwork is done during the session. This was done after I stopped seeing the client.
I didn't expect that it was. From your earlier descriptions it seems you are a contractor that gets paid a flat rate per session. If that is still the case then you are doing the paperwork on your own time so your agency doesn't care if it takes you 5 minutes or 5 hours to do the paperwork - they just want it filled out their way.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:14 PM   #697 (permalink)
Not Doug

It would be nice if someone told me if that packet was finally approved or it is coming back to haunt me for the seventh time.
Old 10-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #698 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
I haven't followed all this.
I'd ignored it for apparently 697 posts, but I thought I'd drop in to say "The best way to have a small fortune is to start with a large one." I see that there has been some topic-drifting going on here. It's a pity-party.

Quote:
A bad system isn't fixed by ignoring instruction from management because either a. they won't notice you didn't follow the instruction, in which case their system is still wrong for everyone else, or b. they eventually fire you for not adhering to their system. That leaves only option c. to exactly follow the bad system until its dysfunction is made apparent and changed.
You and I know that Scott Adams advocates for malicious compliance.

Old 10-24-2021, 05:52 PM   #699 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
You and I know that Scott Adams advocates for malicious compliance.
Yes, I discovered this tactic organically when I had a corrupt manager at my previous job (he ended up getting busted for paying non-existent contractors). He was paranoid so he'd keep us in the dark and everything was on a need to know basis. Inevitably dysfunction would occur due to our lack of knowing the game plan, so he'd implement things like a 45 item checklist on a process he developed independently that required date and signature for each step.

When I'd fail to complete 20 of these on my shift, people would ask why it didn't get done. I followed the procedure and that's just what could get done.

When he told me not to give people status updates, and they would ask, I'd tell them I do not have permission to divulge the status, and that they would need to talk to my manager.

I adopted the mentality of "why should I leave, he's the one that sucks". After many years he was fired, and I took another job shortly after. My mission was accomplished.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 10-24-2021, 06:06 PM   #700 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
The last paying gig I had I told everyone, including her to her face, my one job was to make my manager look good. Then I proceeded to test how layoff-proof I was.

When the inevitable happened, she lasted another two weeks.

I really like cross-axis thinking (right-left/libertarian-authoritarian) so I found this interesting:

It's hard for me to triangulate most folks on the forum, but I'd put Xist and myself in the hapless/naive/helpless corner.

Reply  Post New Thread