Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

SLOMOTO - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 56.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolton1990 View Post
It's a big step to take to sell a car that clean.
GLWTS,hope she stays all original.
It's only a big step if it's actually taken. It's been over a year and two threads later, no step. All talk.

ZO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
If my hypermiling in the Insight cancels out the effects of just one gap toothed git-er-done in his big dumb F250 dually with his inbred kids and pitbull hanging off the side rails in the back, glaring at me as they roll coal around me . . . . . then maybe there will be some gas left when my grand kids start to drive.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-08-2014, 10:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

SLOMOTO - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 56.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoVX View Post
Thanks and so do I! It's definitely going to stay all original under my ownership and i'm certain the person who buys it will do the same.
Selling it to yourself?

ZO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
If my hypermiling in the Insight cancels out the effects of just one gap toothed git-er-done in his big dumb F250 dually with his inbred kids and pitbull hanging off the side rails in the back, glaring at me as they roll coal around me . . . . . then maybe there will be some gas left when my grand kids start to drive.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFZO View Post
It's only a big step if it's actually taken. It's been over a year and two threads later, no step. All talk.

ZO.
Dude, I don't know what your problem is but, I guess you have trouble reading. I said I wanted to sell it previously but, changed my mind (can you really blame someone who owns a VX lol). Now i'm saying I want a specific car but, I do not have enough money saved up for it just yet. I wanted to see what people thought this car was worth in the meantime.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFZO View Post
Selling it to yourself?

ZO.
.....As long as the car is in my ownership, it will stay stock. Aside from that, I would hope that the new owner continues to keep it that way. Anything else??
Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Rally Racer - '94 Honda Civic VX
mother of god i could only dream my milano vx was still that minty. paint has faded, people around here can't drive for **** and i've had two fender benders in the front. nothing that can't be fixed though. but i'm going through a lot of the same repairs as you right now. i've got a nice build thread at honda tech if you want to check it out

honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3041989

and here's your free bump if you haven't sold it yet. good luck i hope that car goes to a good home!

edit: wow didn't realize this was my first post here. guess i've just been a stalker for too long LOL looks like my link will have to be copied and pasted. oh well.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMI4tth3w View Post
mother of god i could only dream my milano vx was still that minty. paint has faded, people around here can't drive for **** and i've had two fender benders in the front. nothing that can't be fixed though. but i'm going through a lot of the same repairs as you right now. i've got a nice build thread at honda tech if you want to check it out

honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3041989

and here's your free bump if you haven't sold it yet. good luck i hope that car goes to a good home!

edit: wow didn't realize this was my first post here. guess i've just been a stalker for too long LOL looks like my link will have to be copied and pasted. oh well.
My paint started out looking like utter crap with next to no depth/reflection. I spent 2 days restoring the paint.

As for selling, I haven't even come close to finding the car (either totally thrashed or asking WAY too much) I want yet so i'm still driving it.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Rally Racer - '94 Honda Civic VX
well your paint looks awesome. i think mine is too far gone to get any real correction going. i've got a couple friends in the detailing business so i may talk to them and see what they think.

at this point, its not even about what the car is worth anymore to me. i've got so much time, sweat, and work into this thing i don't think i could ever sell it. same goes with my tahoe. i will be buried in these cars and i just pray that nothing serious happens to them. granted, they are just material things, but i really have enjoyed the time spent and the knowledge gained in the process and hope that i can continue to build it even better as time goes on.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMI4tth3w View Post
well your paint looks awesome. i think mine is too far gone to get any real correction going. i've got a couple friends in the detailing business so i may talk to them and see what they think.

at this point, its not even about what the car is worth anymore to me. i've got so much time, sweat, and work into this thing i don't think i could ever sell it. same goes with my tahoe. i will be buried in these cars and i just pray that nothing serious happens to them. granted, they are just material things, but i really have enjoyed the time spent and the knowledge gained in the process and hope that i can continue to build it even better as time goes on.
Thanks man! I try to take as best care of it as I reasonably can.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #29 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

eco-crx - '90 honda crx hf
Team Honda
90 day: 56.89 mpg (US)
what'd you use to restore the paint man?

looks great!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolton1990 View Post
what'd you use to restore the paint man?

looks great!
Combination of Flex rotary, Porter Cable 7424xp. Products-wise it was Meguairs M205 followed by glaze, sealant and wax. I didn't and wouldn't want to cut a lot of paint being that the car is 20 years old and has original paint I didn't want to risk fading or cutting too much. It's not perfect and still has swirls but, I personally haven't seen a red one in better condition, haha. The only other car i've seen in my area is a first owner '94 Si with 60k miles and his is black.

Reply  Post New Thread