Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2016, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
airfidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGeo View Post

But there is no "quick-fix" for a REAL low compression issue. And additives can only temporarily mask a minor problem... If the engine runs good, then I wouldn't waste my time chasing imaginary FE improvements that may or may not be gained from a temporary few PSI of cylinder TEST pressure increase.
Thanks MPGeo, no problem, I got the numbers in this weekend. Cylinder 1 - 4, 135, 125, 125, 115 psi respectively. Factory is 128. I'm good with that, so no restore additive. I'll be getting gas tonight, so it will be my first tank of gas check. I also received the ultra gauge last week, and I'll be starting to do A-B-A testing with it.

Next experiments will be fuel system cleaner (obviously cannot do A-B-A testing), and weight reduction (I will do A-B-A testing) just obvious items that I don't need.

I'll check back in a week or so.

Cheers to all the responders

The Following User Says Thank You to airfidget For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (10-31-2016)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Subscribed. Question: the range between your highest and lowest is kinda wide, like a 15% difference. That's an issue, no? I've been told more than 5% or 10% is a problem.

Also... how is the alldatadiy manual working for you? How extensive is it? Did they mail you a print copy or do you get it in an e-book form too?
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
airfidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Subscribed. Question: the range between your highest and lowest is kinda wide, like a 15% difference. That's an issue, no? I've been told more than 5% or 10% is a problem.

Also... how is the alldatadiy manual working for you? How extensive is it? Did they mail you a print copy or do you get it in an e-book form too?
Bah! I had my units wrong in my previous post. I'm sorry, I'm an engineer and I use metric all day. All of the units above should be in 100's of kPa.

Also my alldata manual says 28 kPa maximum variation. I tried to be consistent with cranks, cranking 5 times on each, but I could have fudged the last one. I attached photos.

alldatadiy, I definitely suggest a subscription, especially if you have two cars, you can get a discount, and especially if you want to modify electronics, they have very good diagrams of each connector on your vehicles. I have only

[imghttp://ecomodder.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20806&d=1478004997][/img]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyl1Comp.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	20804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyl2Comp.JPG
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	20805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyl3Comp.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	20806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cyl4Comp.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	20807  
Old 11-01-2016, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

24 Grom - '24 Honda Grom
90 day: 120.84 mpg (US)
Best couple of gauges to add to your UG that I have found is Throttle Postion, the Avg MPG and INST MPG. I use my throttle position all the time because I can mess with hoe much pressure I'm putting on the pedal to squeeze a couple more MPGs out. I try to stay around 14-18% I have noticed the car stay at 9.4 just idling. Like most say the UG is probably the biggest mod you can do to the car.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
airfidget

I did quite a lot of maintenance to my car this past weekend. We'll see how it does.

I was doing maintenance so I couldn't do an ABA test, so I decided on AABB testing. On a 4.1 mile drag, I got 49.1 average down and back, and a 49.4 average down and back.

I then cleaned out the intake, new air filter, cleaned out the EGR, and put 1/2 can of seafoam in the fuel tank.

I'll run the seafoam out over the next few weeks.