Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 04:33 AM   #61 (permalink)
EcoModding Minded

Lunar Mist - '02 Toyota Tacoma SR5
90 day: 25.31 mpg (US)

Silver Streak - '08 Toyota Corolla S
90 day: 38.25 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to Chris D.
FatBurger gave me a case of the In-N-Outs..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #62 (permalink)
EcoModding Minded

breeders? I've been called that by one of my gay buddies LOL
So what are you saying? urbanize and develope what? Ca or Mn?

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #63 (permalink)
Awesomeness personified

Harold - '94 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 54.51 mpg (US)

Margot - '08 Surly Big Dummy
Send a message via AIM to AndrewJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
urbanize and develope what? Ca or Mn?
Definately CA.

I'm constantly amazed at the lack of open spaces here. And I'm supposedly "out in the boonies" of California.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
EcoModding Minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
Definately CA.

I'm constantly amazed at the lack of open spaces here. And I'm supposedly "out in the boonies" of California.

Yesterday I sneezed while inside my house doing dishes..
My neighbor in his house said "bless you"

true story..

things are way too close together out here..

One reason I'm moving, I want more for my mulah and I like my space..

Old 04-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #65 (permalink)
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Every family should get a couple acres of land as a birth right. If that couple chooses to have 300 kids, so be it...but confine them to that two acres of land.

That land could be cut in half so the children might get 1 acre somewhere else while the parents stay on half of their original land. Once the parents die, the children then have access to a full two acres. Within reason, if a family of 300 finds hardship...so be it. If a child gets married, the couple gets access to land equal to the divisions entitled to them at that moment (i.e. 1/3 acre + 5/9 acre). When parents and/or siblings die, that number rises.

He who controls land has power. Land is the biggest source of wealth any individual can own. I say cut the Capitalist line of thinking and live like a community, enforcing self responsibility the whole way. Living in urbia makes me sick.

(How's that for cheering you up...)

- LostCause
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
Every family should get a couple acres of land as a birth right. If that couple chooses to have 300 kids, so be it...but confine them to that two acres of land.

That land could be cut in half so the children might get 1 acre somewhere else while the parents stay on half of their original land. Once the parents die, the children then have access to a full two acres. Within reason, if a family of 300 finds hardship...so be it. If a child gets married, the couple gets access to land equal to the divisions entitled to them at that moment (i.e. 1/3 acre + 5/9 acre). When parents and/or siblings die, that number rises.

He who controls land has power. Land is the biggest source of wealth any individual can own. I say cut the Capitalist line of thinking and live like a community, enforcing self responsibility the whole way. Living in urbia makes me sick.

(How's that for cheering you up...)

- LostCause
Sounds inefficient to me...

I was going to write up more... But I just noticed a HUGE carbon fiber splinter in the side of my hand... and need to go deal with that o.0 I'll finish my response tomorrow
Old 04-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #67 (permalink)
Liberti

Thunderbird - '96 Ford Thunderbird
90 day: 27.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03
Sounds inefficient to me...
I'm interested in your response. I'm open to change...

Really, it's just a development of an underlying issue for me. I think land is essential for ensuring survival. If you take a person's ability of growing their own food away you make a direct attack on their survival. I realize this is a bit of apocalyptic thinking, but I also believe the comfort of modern life helps cloud judgment.

Imagine if s*** hit the fan right now, could you survive? If food was unavailable, I'd be dead in a few months. I don't expect I'll ever need to resort to farming for survival, but to not protect something as important as life seems foolish.

I also see land ownership as true freedom. Having the security of the option of homesteading gives the freedom to choose work one deeply enjoys. Working an 8-6 job I'm indifferent to, handing over my paycheck (i.e. life) to a landlord, and at the day having nothing to show for it is not my idea of freedom. Indentured servant comes to mind.

I don't want to live purely for myself, but I'll fight exploitation and greed until the day I die. I realize the passion might seem overwhelming for such a simple issue, but to me it is the fundamental flaw of modern society. I want to have the option of taking responsibility for a deeper sense of freedom. I think that option involves the right to occupy land.

- LostCause

Reply  Post New Thread