Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #321 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Tried unscrewing it off and accidentally broke the small plastic tube part that holds on the filter.still no vacuum there tho

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #322 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherDashing View Post
I did that. the timing is right on. does it matter if the timing marks while checking the timing without the jumper wire on aren't aligned constantly?
Not a problem, it just means the engine management system is modifying the timing. You jumper the connector to tell it not to change the timing while you're checking.

Quote:
no vacuum and really hot when just the ignition on. quite weird, replace? or clean? or is that normal?
Sorry, I can't tell what that part is.

-soD
Old 06-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #323 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I replaced the back drum shoes by the book. Now I have no e brake.really weird.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #324 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chief - '06 Pontiac Grand Prix
90 day: 26.7 mpg (US)

SF1 - '12 Ford Fiesta S
90 day: 30.95 mpg (US)
Paper back, hard cover or E-book? Be sure the cable is attached to the shoe, the shoes are adjusted correctly. Then check the cable adjustment.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #325 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Had a spring on backwards so the adjustment part was locked up.e brake works again the other line for the ebrake is out tho.what's the name of the vacuum part in the pic tho? I found the part name for the filter but not the part it attatches to.it gets super hot just from the key being turned to ignition not even running.hoping replacing that might fix it. Remove the egr valve connector and no cell or change in engine running.

Other than that new transmission and clutching is blowing my mind away with how much smoother it runs.its just around 40mpg right now. if i drive it very carefully
Old 06-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #326 (permalink)
dlb
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Other than that new transmission and clutching is blowing my mind away with how much smoother it runs.its just around 40mpg right now. if i drive it very carefully
i'm still pretty new to the vx but am really happy with ours too. after 6 fill ups, my wife is averaging 43 mpg. 47 mpg has been her best, and she is the furthest thing from a hypermiler. sure beats the 18-20 mpg she was getting with her 4x4 toyota pickup for all those years.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #327 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

its the purge cut solenoid but im having trouble finding a replacement. its the part where its red hot with just the ignition turned on and no vacuum at all

its part number 36162-PT3-Q01 purge cut solenoid. cant find a replacement anywhere :/

Last edited by RatherDashing; 06-04-2013 at 10:01 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #328 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Got the part of a d16z6 from a 95 del Sol for 12 bucks from a yard.only thing different is the sensor attatcment and the vacuum to the vapor canister are flipped.looks like it should still work tho hopefully
Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #329 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well. brand new transmission is leaking fluid I believe. right around the axle seal. taking it back to the shop that put it in. I believe I still have an extra. had them put 10w-30 oil in it as well he almost put gear oil in it.

when its outa the shop whats best for it since it does only have 6k miles on it. 10w-30 oil regular, synthetic, or the Honda mtf, I seriously keep seeing different responses everywhere. that the older trannies were meant for regular oil and that the newer ones can handle Honda mtf.

still havnt been able to get the screw off of the current purge cut solenoid. im hoping the replacement from the d16z6 will work. if that doesn't do it ill look into replacing the vapor canister.

also the outer axle boot on the passenger side recently split so that will be fun.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #330 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
well. brand new transmission is leaking fluid I believe. right around the axle seal. taking it back to the shop that put it in. I believe I still have an extra. had them put 10w-30 oil in it as well he almost put gear oil in it.

when its outa the shop whats best for it since it does only have 6k miles on it. 10w-30 oil regular, synthetic, or the Honda mtf, I seriously keep seeing different responses everywhere. that the older trannies were meant for regular oil and that the newer ones can handle Honda mtf.

still havnt been able to get the screw off of the current purge cut solenoid. im hoping the replacement from the d16z6 will work. if that doesn't do it ill look into replacing the vapor canister.

also the outer axle boot on the passenger side recently split so that will be fun.
Sorry to hear of more difficulties...

I have experienced the same difficulty with mine. Apparently I seated one of the seals too far into the housing. I need to replace hub bearing unit and ball joints on that side anyway, so... one of these weeks, when I have read and watched enough, I'll dive in and fix it all. Until then I keep a close eye on the very slow tranny oil leak.

As for replacement transmission oil... I have seen all the debates too. Honda MTF has wear agents that are considered superior to synth oil. But honestly, I drive this car so gently and at such low rpms, often barely reaching running temps... I have Royal Purple 5w30 going in, which was the original spec for the fifth gen manuals I believe.

See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda