Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Send a message via AIM to Gone4
Baseball is the only game I half pay attention to. I really enjoy going to the games more than anything. Being Boston born and raised, everyone would immediately know I was lying if I said my favorite team was anything other than the Red Sox! Being stuck in Houston last summer, and this summer, I make it out to quite a few Astro's games. A season ticket holder let me go quite often. Minutemaid Park is miserable compared to Fenway, though. Something about astroturf and being air-conditioned absolutely ruins the feel of the game. And the lack of proper food vendors....

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
I don't know if this is professional only but I'm more of a college fan.
All varieties are considered Around here, money seems to be dumped into basketball and football (read: KU).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Big Jays fan here
That's a great stadium -- to have it be a "convertible" is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenKreton View Post
Baseball is the only game I half pay attention to. I really enjoy going to the games more than anything. Being Boston born and raised, everyone would immediately know I was lying if I said my favorite team was anything other than the Red Sox! Being stuck in Houston last summer, and this summer, I make it out to quite a few Astro's games. A season ticket holder let me go quite often. Minutemaid Park is miserable compared to Fenway, though. Something about astroturf and being air-conditioned absolutely ruins the feel of the game. And the lack of proper food vendors....
My Wife's fam is from New England, therefore the Red Sox Nation is quite alive here. Being a convert for a few years (yup before '04), the Indians vs. BoSox last year for the AL Series was a huge pull of emotions on who to root for. I had to go with Cleveland, then shift back to Boston -- that wasn't easy

RH77

_
_
Old 04-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Jetta - '05 Volkswagen Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
That's a great stadium -- to have it be a "convertible" is awesome.
Definitely a good feature on those warm summer afternoons. I've fallen victim to countless sunburns there.

I have to say... it is not my favourite stadium. Number one it has astroturf and number two it feels like it is covered in plastic. Granted, the only other stadium I've visited is McAfee down in Oakland.

My game is hockey though, as is indicated by my avatar.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'd rather be biking

Lexie - '98 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 39.46 mpg (US)

Beater Hauler - '92 Isuzu Pickup

Rentaclipse - '08 Mitsubishi Eclipse ?
90 day: 28.28 mpg (US)

Fahrt - '83 BMW R80 ST
Orioles fan here. They built a new ballpark right when I left and I still haven't been to it

The off season has been hell to read about. We got picked by one wag to finish 6th in the AL East, and another predicted the team MVP would be the corn dog bites. I think we made some great trades but this year is gonna be a long one, with zero starting pitching and very little hitting, looks like April is the only month we'll lead in.

I'm planning to go to Y*nkee St*dium (with my Y*nkee gf) before they knock it down this year, as well as F*nw*y and Wrigley soon. And catching some Zephyr's games...seats behind the plate for $8

My bike runs on dihydrogen monoxide.
I like to use these acronyms
Old 04-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxchain View Post
Orioles fan here. They built a new ballpark right when I left and I still haven't been to it

The off season has been hell to read about. We got picked by one wag to finish 6th in the AL East, and another predicted the team MVP would be the corn dog bites. I think we made some great trades but this year is gonna be a long one, with zero starting pitching and very little hitting, looks like April is the only month we'll lead in.

I'm planning to go to Y*nkee St*dium (with my Y*nkee gf) before they knock it down this year, as well as F*nw*y and Wrigley soon. And catching some Zephyr's games...seats behind the plate for $8
The Yankees -- gasp! As long as it's for a Historical experience

The farm teams are great. You get great seats, great plays, cheap food, and fun for a lot less. We plan to head up to Omaha to catch the O-Royals. If I time it right with work trips, I hear Indy has a good team: the Indians AAA (Pirates AAA).

The O's are lookin' good this season. I hear they really need attendance at their nice new place, oddly.

Mike -- sorry to hear of the sunburns! It makes sense, though if you're outside for while early in the season. I slave in the yard getting things planted and mowed before the sun strikes. Still, EZ-burn skin here too...

RH77

_
_
Old 04-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Jetta - '05 Volkswagen Jetta
Yeah, I'm as pale as they come. Direct correlation to time spent on the computer perhaps?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Lazarus -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I don't know if this is professional only but I'm more of a college fan. It's fun to watch games played for the love of the game. Go Aggies
One of the things I love about baseball is the minor leagues. There are of course players "being groomed" for the majors, but you get the same "love of the game" feeling when you're in the minors. I have seen the LaCrosse Loggers, the Hudson Valley Renegades (Raccoon Mascot!) and the HuntsVille Stars. I would have seen more, but there aren't many minor league teams near me, and I don't travel enough at the right time. I have looked into many empty minor league baseball stadiums when the team was on the road, .

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Reply  Post New Thread