Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Metro - '93 Geo Metro 4 door hatchback
90 day: 35.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soichiro View Post
They're already spending $250 at a time on clothes, so gas money is a drop in the bucket compared to that. :P Although, on the flip side of this, one could notice that women tend to get excited whenever there is a sale on clothes, and ask, why is saving money on clothes exciting, but saving money on gas isn't?
Very true. I have NO idea why appearance shopping (clothes, jewelry, face paint (makeup)) is such an enjoyable endeavor. But again, how you're raised has a lot to do with it. I never liked shopping, but now.... well, shopping for parts, tools, pulling parts out of wrecked vehicles, now THAT'S exciting!! Having a sale in that area or fuel, doubly so!! I must be crazy!

Last edited by myrefugeisintheLord; 07-12-2012 at 04:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to myrefugeisintheLord For This Useful Post:
Soichiro (07-12-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #62 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Spotter View Post
it sounds like we had similar childhood there is something to be said for traditional Godly family values. Not to mention women who strive to be Proverbs 31. Hypermiling should be on the modern list
Were you homeschooled too? I was.
You know, I bet hypermiling could be very popular in the homeschooling community. Making more out of less seems to be a common theme, even among Christians.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #63 (permalink)
Wiki Mod

Max - '14 Ford C-Max SEL
I have a blemished recoded I went to public kindergarten but its all home school till community college then university.

I think you are right about the home school/ Christan community. most people at my church think i drive an odd car but the stewardship aspect get them thinking. The home school students I interact with think its a cool car. I might have to have a modding class some time for the older ones

What type of home school group is in your area?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #64 (permalink)
Learning Aeromodding

We don't have a group per say. It would have been fun, growing up, if we had. I just know that homeschoolers seem to stick together more so. And the family my younger sister married into knows a lot of different homeschooling families.

I think I will have a better chance of getting my family interested, or at least my sister's in-laws interested in hypermiling if I can get better mileage with RAVadoodle. This tank will be my all time highest, at over 40 MPG. If I were in their shoes, my interest would be perked with that news.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #65 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrefugeisintheLord View Post
Making more out of less seems to be a common theme, even among Christians.
Even? Christ said "If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles." He was also famous for how far he could stretch loaves and fishes.

It's been funny watching my 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son growing up. We haven't pushed anything on either of them, but one is all dolls, tea parties and princess dresses while the other will play with a brick if you paint wheels on the sides. Even watching my wife and I work, you see the same things (she wrenches on computer networks and drove a manual until this spring, so she's a little outside the stereotype). I just take a whole lot more interest in actually operating the car than she ever has.

I think one of the easiest ways to turn a woman away from hypermiling is to have a guy offer to teach her how to drive a car, so I'm going with the soft sell: I've mentioned my mileage a few times and put an Ultragauge in her car. I haven't told her that I added some air to her tires and pushed the "economy" button on her dash, but I have noticed that her average has gone up almost 2 mpg since I did it.

But no, she'd never go to a forum to talk with other people about how to drive a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Reply  Post New Thread