Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 07:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

No

No, not really. But i see why some would

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Be careful with people who don't save money, who spent without rersponsability !

If you save money do not allow these people to know. Stay quiet.

There are people who not just don't save money but that also don't give value to people who save money. They are so shameless they are able to expent what they have and then come to people who save money (even if earn less than they), and request money.

I helped a girl, a physiotherapist from the clinic I was being treated, since she was going to marry and had exceed the credcard limit. What I lend to her was about 4x the penalty she was paying to the credcard company, so she could solve the problem and in 4 months pay me back. Almost 3 years after she didn't contacted me to pay me. I had to contact her and show the values and the correction due inflation.
She was not the worst kind I refer in the top of the text, and not very shameless, but this experience helped me to be more careful with people.

This girl had many Facebook posts about God, Catholic church, images of Mary, quotes about God and moral values. She once told me she was disapointed with me when she found I was a atheist.
Well... No christian friends of her in the physiothery clinic helped her with money... and her christian values didn't remambered her to pay me.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-12-2019 at 12:09 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
There are people who not just don't save money but that also don't give value to people who save money. They are so shameless they are able to expent what they have and then come to people who save money, and earn less than them, and request money.
I had a coworker whose salary was twice mine ($80k), and he would lambaste me and another coworker for discussing financial strategies. His view is that we loved money too much.

Matthew chapter 6 talks about not worrying about the future and just focusing on the current day; and I think people take that to mean that financial planning is somehow a sign of faithlessness, or evil. At least they will use that as comfort for their lack of financial management.

Anyhow, that coworker went to me on 3 occasions to borrow money because he couldn't pay rent even though he was a single guy with no obligations or major expenses. The guy lived paycheck to paycheck.

I never loan money that would make me upset if it wasn't paid back, so I've denied some requests for loans from people. Usually I make the loan. The most I've ever loaned to someone was $50k, but the guy didn't need the money and it was mutually beneficial since he was paying interest, and I was offering him a lower interest rate than he would otherwise have had.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 04-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Bible it's like play dough. It can be used (modelled) to justify anything. So religion it's a brain masturbation.

If you earn much less than someone it creates some pity feeling. If you earn more they can get envy over you. Human nature... People want you to be fine, but not better than them.
In the case of save money, if you manage to save more, while a fool expent and don't save a peny, even if earns more by month than you, this can create some envy.

I see how much rightness are becaming target of angry nowadays... If media and fashion says to people get dirt behavior, imoral people get angry over people with moral values. If media tells people to expent all their money with foolishness, and some people save money and don't buy foolishness, they get angry over people who save money.

Monkeys... humans are monkeys with groops behavior... Groops fighting another groops and they just need to find differences between groops to have a reason to fight.

Hey 50K it's a quite a money...
So you did more a sort of investment, I presume.

On Brazil people don't go to jail for taxes problems or debts problems, even if proven it was with bad intention. I remamber about the old mayor of the city here years ago, and how his debt with goverment taxes was higher than his possessions state/wealth. And he was mayor more than one time.
Brazilian laws was created to help criminals... Sh....thole system...

Last edited by All Darc; 04-12-2019 at 10:51 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Bible it's like play dough. It can be used (modelled) to justify anything. So religion it's a brain masturbation.
People tend to take an interpretation which justifies their behavior. The authors had a particular meaning though, so the only way to read the text in good faith is to consider the context in which they wrote, and give the best effort to determine what they were saying. If there's no effort to understand what someone is saying, there's no point in listening/reading.

I'm with you in my dislike of religion, though I see the benefit for those more concerned with fitting in, or needing concrete rules to live by to ground them. Rules get you by in absence of good philosophy, and adopting good philosophy is extraordinarily difficult compared to adopting rules.

Quote:
If you earn much less than someone it creates some pity feeling. If you earn more they can get envy over you. Human nature... People want you to be fine, but not better than them.
In the case of save money, if you manage to save more, while a fool expent and don't save a peny, even if earns more by month than you, this can create some envy.
I'm not very envy prone; it's probably the least of "the 7 deadly sins" for me. A consultant was hired on at my last job at $155k/yr, and he had below average intelligence, and somewhere around 25% of my technical ability. His job was to administer the email program (Lotus Notes), but he would just call IBM and get them to do his job. That was the closest to envy I've felt in a long time, but it was more a sense of injustice that the company would not spend any money on critical items (pens and paper, $5 parts that can keep manufacturing from failing), but then hire this guy to do nothing but make phone calls. His pay was 4x mine, but the value to the company was perhaps 1/4 of my contribution.

I turned it around and said that if I wanted to make $150k, I could. Ultimately I don't care if I make lots of money, and I'm not willing to become a slimy salesman to oversell my capabilities and worth in exchange for it.

The saver vs spender personality is mostly genetic though. Some of my first memories was saving pennies in a toy trailer. I valued the opportunity the money represented more than the things I could buy with it. Behavior can change, but it's enormously difficult, and gets harder the older a person gets.

Quote:
I see how much rightness are becaming target of angry nowadays... If media and fashion says to people get dirt behavior, imoral people get angry over people with moral values. If media tells people to expent all their money with foolishness, and some people save money and don't buy foolishness, they get angry over people who save money.
It does amaze me how certain immoral ideas are deemed moral, or at least neither moral or immoral. There's a fringe group of people that think "white people" should pay reparations to "black people" in the US, as if all white people now are responsible for past wrongs to black people that are long dead. It's at least as evil an idea as saying all black people should pay more taxes since some black people create a disproportionate burden on police and other social institutions.

That said, society tends toward better behavior and ideas. The terrible ideas now while bad, aren't the worst we've had, and surely won't persist into the future. Darwin rules apply to ideas too, and only the fittest persist.

Quote:
Hey 50K it's a quite a money...
So you did more a sort of investment, I presume.
More like I didn't have a solid investment plan at the time, so I decided to loan the money until I did have a plan. He agreed to pay it back within 1 week of notifying him. In my laziness, I loaned the money for 6 years, and he recently paid it back.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Religious people use to say that I only know right and wrong due christian/hebraic God. But if right and wrong it's just a "because yes" it would have no value, since there would be no argument and phylosophy but just a "baecause God said so".

They forgot how they created values and not God, since religion changed a hell of a lot things, interpretation and ideas. To start was men who choose the text that would compound Bible. Men created churchs and elected Popes, and curchs and popes vary so much along history... So no one was the world a supposed God. Unless God have multiple personalities syndrome...
If society today do not kill atheists (like me) and allow divorce and many other things, even in church approval, it's because of human phylosophy and not because any God. So men creates God. Religious people choose not follow crazy sh...t on Bible, like sell children, so they have their own morals outside Bible, and use it to manage religion.

Some people today start to say black people have more tendency to genetics to be more prone to spent than save, and use Darwin's theories to argue, like africans had to hunt and europeans had to farm and save food for the winter. It sounds logic, but need to be scientific proof of it, otherwise we could formulate science theories to jsutify racism.
A suposed researched (needs to be comfirmed) showed black kids have more more tendency to prefer a lollipop today than wait get 2 lollipops tommorrow.
If it's genetic or cultural, who knows... Parenthood have a deep influence. A parent tho saves and teachs to save creates a early behavior on their kids.

Are you against pay jews grandchildrens for the death (execution) of their relatives in WWII???
I see that there are sme responsability. If the grand-grand-grand-grand... children of the whites who slaved the blacks earned their money, there is some responsability. If the scars of slavism are still there, there are responsabilities. But it's different from what left wing it's doing now, with so much exageration and crazyness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
People tend to take an interpretation which justifies their behavior. The authors had a particular meaning though, so the only way to read the text in good faith is to consider the context in which they wrote, and give the best effort to determine what they were saying. If there's no effort to understand what someone is saying, there's no point in listening/reading.

I'm with you in my dislike of religion, though I see the benefit for those more concerned with fitting in, or needing concrete rules to live by to ground them. Rules get you by in absence of good philosophy, and adopting good philosophy is extraordinarily difficult compared to adopting rules.

I'm not very envy prone; it's probably the least of "the 7 deadly sins" for me. A consultant was hired on at my last job at $155k/yr, and he had below average intelligence, and somewhere around 25% of my technical ability. His job was to administer the email program (Lotus Notes), but he would just call IBM and get them to do his job. That was the closest to envy I've felt in a long time, but it was more a sense of injustice that the company would not spend any money on critical items (pens and paper, $5 parts that can keep manufacturing from failing), but then hire this guy to do nothing but make phone calls. His pay was 4x mine, but the value to the company was perhaps 1/4 of my contribution.

I turned it around and said that if I wanted to make $150k, I could. Ultimately I don't care if I make lots of money, and I'm not willing to become a slimy salesman to oversell my capabilities and worth in exchange for it.

The saver vs spender personality is mostly genetic though. Some of my first memories was saving pennies in a toy trailer. I valued the opportunity the money represented more than the things I could buy with it. Behavior can change, but it's enormously difficult, and gets harder the older a person gets.

It does amaze me how certain immoral ideas are deemed moral, or at least neither moral or immoral. There's a fringe group of people that think "white people" should pay reparations to "black people" in the US, as if all white people now are responsible for past wrongs to black people that are long dead. It's at least as evil an idea as saying all black people should pay more taxes since some black people create a disproportionate burden on police and other social institutions.

That said, society tends toward better behavior and ideas. The terrible ideas now while bad, aren't the worst we've had, and surely won't persist into the future. Darwin rules apply to ideas too, and only the fittest persist.

More like I didn't have a solid investment plan at the time, so I decided to loan the money until I did have a plan. He agreed to pay it back within 1 week of notifying him. In my laziness, I loaned the money for 6 years, and he recently paid it back.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Are you against pay jews grandchildrens for the death (execution) of their relatives in WWII???
I see that there are sme responsability. If the grand-grand-grand-grand... children of the whites who slaved the blacks earned their money, there is some responsability. If the scars of slavism are still there, there are responsabilities. But it's different from what left wing it's doing now, with so much exageration and crazyness.
Yes, I'm against paying Jewish descendants of atrocities. Who pays them in the first place? If the Germans today didn't have anything to do with it, then why should they pay? How would you tell if a particular German family actively resisted Nazism, and therefore is exempt from having benefited, and not responsible to pay Jewish descendants back?

We can make a reasonable estimate of what is owed between 2 living parties, but once you remove that by even 1 generation, it gets way too complex. If reparations are a good idea, then we can try to figure out which troglodyte tribe repressed another troglodyte tribe and altered the trajectory for a particular group for thousands of years to come. Nobody thinks settling that score now is a good idea.

It doesn't really matter if people in the past acted ethically because it's history, and there's nothing to be done about it. It's a distraction from ethical behavior in the present, which is the only thing that matters.

It's evil to hold a debt against a group of people that had nothing to do with injustice, and to seek payment for debts never belonging to them. I'm 25% Japanese. My Grandmother was in Japan when it was bombed. Should I be 25% pissed at the US, and demand 25% compensation for her losses? Way too complex. You've got to let things go.

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-12-2019 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I am a descendant of Abel, but everyone else is a descendant of Cain. Everybody alive owes me reparations--and 6,000 years of interest.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (04-12-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Well, gentlemans... if your father kills my pet dog, I will not charge you for your father's crime when he passed away.
But if your father died during sue process and you inherit his wealth, his home, bank account etc..., maybe I have some right to charge his patrymony and demand some indenization.

If the actual german people hadn't inherit german, all the extructure, there would be no escuse to charge german citizens which wasn't born during WWII atrocities.

If you found today that your grandpa was a victim of a untold experiment, like when USA government give food with radiation to test the effects of radiation in humans in the 50's, and as consequence he died young and let your granma in difficult situation, you would sue USA government for the damage they did to your family.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-12-2019 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 10:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Well, how many you killed in Iraq?
If you killed a lot maybe Cain would be the main genealogical three for you.

Just kidding...

I know if you hadn't shot them they should shot you. Surviving was the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I am a descendant of Abel, but everyone else is a descendant of Cain. Everybody alive owes me reparations--and 6,000 years of interest.

Reply  Post New Thread