Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

I risk to say that fake meat (meat from plants protein) could became even better than real meat or lab meat. It's already more healthy, more ecologic, less expensive to produce, can feed more people (due lower price and lower land and lower water needs), and the taste is getting closer and closer to real meat. Many already have nutritional values equivalent to meat protein.

So it's a matter of time to fake meat became better in taste than real meat, since multimillion dollar companies are start to invest heavy on advanced research.
Now there are two companies focusing in create a quality yummy "veggie fish meat". And other is researching for "veggie shrimp meat".

I think it's nice... Soy protein is very cheap compared to meat, and in theory this could bring more meat (quality veggie imitations) to poor people in third world countries, since some countries had a lot of kids growing with diets poor in protein and iron.. They can add iron and vitamins to help por kids get better nutrition and result in better outcome.

Meet the Meat Machine :

https://youtu.be/bNNVyVbNPq4?t=95

This is the Shear Cell Technology I refered before, able to create plant protein fibers very close to meat. And have much better quality and it takes less energy than extrusion process used to reate standart soy protein pieces found on vegetarian dishes. And creates large pieces, instead of the limited size pieces from extrusion process

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBChris View Post
Could actually be a really interesting thing with the meat lab. A great alternative to traditional meat.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-12-2019 at 12:38 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Look how the vegie steak are cut and pan fried...
Imagine that with the heme deveoped by Impossible Foods. It would be very realistic steaks, and not just ground beef like burguers.

https://youtu.be/HP8Y7faobqI?t=99

But they need to create some solid vegan fat, from plants oils, since all vegies recipies that have fat get if from liquid fat. How to turn liquid fat (oil) into solid fat? Maybe micro cells together, filled with oil.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-12-2019 at 10:20 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
So it's a matter of time to fake meat became better in taste than real meat, since multimillion dollar companies are start to invest heavy on advanced research.
Now there are two companies focusing in create a quality yummy "veggie fish meat". And other is researching for "veggie shrimp meat".
Human's taste has evolved over millennia. I wonder if there are tastes that are better than meats or vegetables. There exists something called mouth feel which may be different to umammi.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Yes, that's why the texture and juiceness of veggie meat must replicate the texture and juiceness of real meat. That's what this Shear Cell Technology it's trying to do.

Meat also have much of a certain aminoacid, or something else, that makes people social interaction rise, according something I read days ago. It was probably a remain of evolution, from days men hunt in groups and got together the eat the meat of the animal killed. This maybe creates a pós-eateing feeling, but I presume if a given veggie meat have the same amount of the same aminoacid, this feeling would also happens with vegie meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Human's taste has evolved over millennia. I wonder if there are tastes that are better than meats or vegetables. There exists something called mouth feel which may be different to umammi.

Reply  Post New Thread