Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2021, 03:46 PM   #841 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Lord Vader - '15 BMW i3 REx
90 day: 35.06 mpg (US)
Nailed that!

Statement from Arcimoto:
Quote:
Yesterday, we became aware of yet another short-seller “hit piece” published about the Company’s efforts. The report leads with a blatant falsehood alleging Arcimoto’s “fake ‘pre-orders’ generated fake demand”, and the “research” doesn’t get better from there.
We consider our pre-order procedures to be best-in-class in the industry: we offer full refunds, we don’t count non-binding letters of intent nor email signups as pre-orders, and we deliberately communicate pre-orders as strong leads, not closed sales, in our public filings and messaging.
We see our thousands of pre-orders from around the world, as well as the net quarter-over-quarter increase in pre-orders net of cancellation since 2015, as indicators of future market potential for our products and we communicate them as such.
We remain thankful for all of our stakeholders, and look forward to sharing our continued progress on our earnings call next week.
We recommend all of our shareholders familiarize themselves with so called “short and distort” schemes: https://www.dlapiper.com/.../weiner....erweberhsu.pdf
(I screwed up the http link somehow, but I am sure a search will turn up the article if you want it.)

Last edited by Snax; 03-24-2021 at 04:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Snax For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-24-2021)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #842 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,379 Times in 3,354 Posts
Yeah, but FUV is still over-valued just like Tesla, but unlike Tesla, doesn't have any promising game-changing proprietary technology. Bending metal into car-like objects isn't where future money is. They are up 1000% in 1 year, any "adjustment" down is rational.

How do investors expect a company to become huge if they make a low demand vehicle at a loss?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 03-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #843 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Snax -- I went back a page but didn't find this, I thought I'd posted it around the Gamestop time:

www.bizjournals.com/portland/news/2021/02/24/arcimoto and the hype-machine

Quote:
“I Pitti the fool who goes short on a sustainable future,” Mark Frohnmayer tweeted on a recent Sunday night.

The Arcimoto Inc. chief executive wasn’t tripped up by spell-check — he was referring to Alex Pitti, who had posted two articles critical of Arcimoto on SeekingAlpha.com, including one that questioned the company’s market capitalization when it topped $1 billion early this month.

Pitti insisted he’s not shorting the stock (Nasdaq: FUV), but the tweet was deft work by Frohnmayer, and not just for the pun.

In fewer than a dozen words he positioned Arcimoto as a target of short sellers, encouraging those who like the company to stick with it if the stock declines, while raising the possibility of a new squeeze play. And he wrapped the suggestive jab in a reminder that the three-wheeled electric vehicle maker is all about saving the world.
[snip]
While Arcimoto “reserved the right to be opportunistic” with regard to leveraging its stock for capital, he added, it had another plan for its next stage of financing: the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing Program. The loan program, which aided Tesla in 2010, has been moribund for years, but Arcimoto has been talking seriously since last April about making a run at what would be low-cost, non-dilutive financing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
Yeah, but FUV is still over-valued just like Tesla, but unlike Tesla, doesn't have any promising game-changing proprietary technology.
You do know about Scott Adams' process-over-product? What Arcimoto have is Mark Frohnmayer, Sandy Munro and Galileo Russell, plus a Federal tailwind.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #844 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
I was thinking about buying a Arcimoto. Now I think I may just drop that money on the stock, wait 2 years until they are available in Montana, and cash in the stock to buy one. Who knows, maybe a free FUV from FUV stock profits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-24-2021), Xist (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 06:16 PM   #845 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
I was telling the peeps at Arcimoto I'd be buying their stock if I could walk in and throw down cash in their office. When it was at $.97/share.

Apparently you can't do that.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:23 PM   #846 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
You do know about Scott Adams' process-over-product? What Arcimoto have is Mark Frohnmayer, Sandy Munro and Galileo Russell, plus a Federal tailwind.
I'm not up to speed on Mark, but a process that makes hundreds of vehicles in a year doesn't sound like a good one. I enjoy Sandy's perspective on things, but the value of his company is in his employees (and process), not on his own insight so much. Federal tailwinds are temporary, and at best can only distort a market for so long until reality exerts her will.

Quote:
I was telling the peeps at Arcimoto I'd be buying their stock if I could walk in and throw down cash in their office. When it was at $.97/share.

Buying stock after IPO doesn't directly affect the company itself. Pushing the stock price up isn't going to build more cars, or add any funds to do so. It's a shell game post-IPO.

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
JSH (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #847 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I was thinking about buying a Arcimoto. Now I think I may just drop that money on the stock, wait 2 years until they are available in Montana, and cash in the stock to buy one. Who knows, maybe a free FUV from FUV stock profits.
In two years you might have a free FUV - or maybe nothing. As Redpoint5 said - Arcimoto is massively overvalued. In time the stock will return to fundimentals. Whether that is in 2 months, 2 years or 20 years - nobody knows.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:34 PM   #848 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:

I'm sitting here trying to make a robinhood account, which I did, but now I can't link my credit union for some reason. I have $3000 cash sitting here from selling my Suburban last year that I would transfer today if I could figure out a method. I only have that credit union I could put the cash into, but then where to transfer it so I could get it into a robinhood account to buy FUV stock?
Old 03-24-2021, 07:36 PM   #849 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
In two years you might have a free FUV - or maybe nothing. As Redpoint5 said - Arcimoto is massively overvalued. In time the stock will return to fundimentals. Whether that is in 2 months, 2 years or 20 years - nobody knows.
So is Apple, so is Tesla, so is bitcoin, so is basically the entire stock market. At least this is a company with a product worth supporting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hersbird For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-24-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #850 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
I'm sitting here trying to make a robinhood account, which I did, but now I can't link my credit union for some reason.
I'd dig a little deeper to find out what the reason is. Generally, you need to provide the checking account number and routing number, then verify the account somehow, often by confirming deposits made into the account, which can take a couple days to post.

We missed out on the real opportunity last March when the whole market was 1/3rd off.

Quote:
So is Apple, so is Tesla, so is bitcoin, so is basically the entire stock market. At least this is a company with a product worth supporting.
You've named the winners so far. Plenty of stock loses most or all value in shorter timeframes. The hedge against that is diversification.

As I pointed out, buying stock doesn't support a company post-IPO, because it becomes a shell game afterwards with investors projecting their valuation of the future prospects of the company. Buying stock doesn't put more money towards that company or product after the initial sale (initial public offering).

Reply  Post New Thread