Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #61 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

pizza runner - '94 toyota corolla dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
No state inspections here yet Even if there was, I can clear the code b4 it.

99% of my cars were OBD1 (1990-1994) and the biggest problem I had with them was rust, and they were all american made. Since I switched to Toyota... havn't had any major problems, including the rust ordeal lol. I do like the OBD2 for the instant mgp abilities, and the scanners are much easier to get for them.
we have to plug our OBD2 cars into the computer at the inspection station
(this is once a year)
the problem is the if you just cleared a code the thing will rat you out
you will be told to come back in 200 miles to see if it shows back up.
i had a 2003 corolla & did get 40mpg with it combined & i was moving rite along when i was on the highways if i remember i think i could have gotten a solid 43 to 45 mpg with it by just making a few small changes to the way i drove it. i ended up selling it when i was driving tractor trailer coast to coast
i was never home to drive it anyhow.

i got some numbers from my 94'
361 miles driven 8.877 gallons used till the fuel light came on
so 40.66 mpg. about 70% of that was city driving so i would say those are dam good numbers.we also have some hills around here too.
i have slowed down to about 60mph from 65 on my drive to work.
i gave 55 mph a shot but i had so dam many tailgaters & blowing horns from these Massholes that come up here on vacation & want to drive 80mph everywhere they go. i figured it would be best atleast for now to go with 60mph. i guess i need a big sticker on the back of the car so they know what's up.........?

take care

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
That is kind of a funny post, I just took a trip nearly 400 miles round trip. Started off going 70mph because I was trying to get their at a fair time, by about half way the low MPG numbers were driving me nuts (like 36 on the gauge, not calibrated, normally i'm 40-50), so I dropped it down to 65 and gained atleast 1.5mpg average by the time I got there. On the way back I had a good 200 pounds of extra weight in the back, and I drove 60mph all the way. MPG meter read 41.5 when I got to my house . I normally drive 45mph, in a sweat spot that my gauge says I'm getting ~50+mpg all the time.

55 on the highway is kind of hard to do, what I like to do is find a semi that is going around 60 and follow it. Not tail gating or anything, just follow. #1 you do get a little bonus in mpg if your not too far back, and #2 the people behind you can see the semi and knows you are going slower, at least if the drivers have half a brain and are not sleeping at the wheel.

Overall I only had 2 or 3 tailgaters on the trip and it was a really nice relaxing drive. I was picking up parts, so the drive was my vacation lol.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
That is kind of a funny post, I just took a trip nearly 400 miles round trip. Started off going 70mph because I was trying to get their at a fair time, by about half way the low MPG numbers were driving me nuts (like 36 on the gauge, not calibrated, normally i'm 40-50), so I dropped it down to 65 and gained atleast 1.5mpg average by the time I got there. On the way back I had a good 200 pounds of extra weight in the back, and I drove 60mph all the way. MPG meter read 41.5 when I got to my house . I normally drive 45mph, in a sweat spot that my gauge says I'm getting ~50+mpg all the time.

55 on the highway is kind of hard to do, what I like to do is find a semi that is going around 60 and follow it. Not tail gating or anything, just follow. #1 you do get a little bonus in mpg if your not too far back, and #2 the people behind you can see the semi and knows you are going slower, at least if the drivers have half a brain and are not sleeping at the wheel.

Overall I only had 2 or 3 tailgaters on the trip and it was a really nice relaxing drive. I was picking up parts, so the drive was my vacation lol.
i should probably also add that new hampshire isn't flat unless your driving near the sea coast, the rest is rolling hills. i am so used to going up & down hills every day that i more or less forget that not everyone drives over that type of terain every day. but a base # of 40+ mpg i feel is really good for a OBD1 car.

i was going to remove the mud flaps but the paint under them isn't the same color red
i might be able to trim some off of them though.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #64 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
I completely removed mine, however I never took a base line b4 modding really. The trip home got me 33mpg going 65mph, and the 2nd fill up was like 35mpg after a couple of small mods. After the major stuff, I never really dipped under 40mpg except in winter.

Some day... I should finish my belly pan and figure out atleast a 1/2 boat tail for it lol. Would love to be hitting 50-60mpg .
Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
I completely removed mine, however I never took a base line b4 modding really. The trip home got me 33mpg going 65mph, and the 2nd fill up was like 35mpg after a couple of small mods. After the major stuff, I never really dipped under 40mpg except in winter.

Some day... I should finish my belly pan and figure out atleast a 1/2 boat tail for it lol. Would love to be hitting 50-60mpg .
fall is almost here get ready for winter blend

Reply  Post New Thread