Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Boy lost tooth, I helped hin and... ...found a "racist black guy"?

I was exercising in the park yesterday, and the weather closed and rain started. I was coming close to a public couvered sport court, and get into there to wait the rain stop.

There were kids and youths playing soccer, and I observed while to trying get away of water brought with some fast wind lateral flows. Some kids fall to ground, as always. But I noticed one was in some dispair, with his hand on the jaw, and the play, with very few kids, stoped. I move closer and observed for a while imagining was not very seriously. But as he keept in some dispair I approuched some other kids and asked about. The told me hurt his mouth, maybe broken a tooth. I came close the kid, less than 10 years old probably and he also had a open cut on his lower chin, holding a piece of napkin paper or so. He was moving in pain. Almost no grown-up was helping hin, just one guy asked something but move away. But then other grown up appears, and this time to be next to hin.
I notice the wound was worse, it looked like the entire tooth was missing and not just a piece of it. I had already talked to his friends that he needed a ambulance, but the boy wanted to wait his father and didn't remamber the phone of his father or mother, and the kid live with stepfather and mother.

I told some kids, near hin, asking where he felt, and that we needed to search for his tooth, since it could be reimplanted. After some rearch in the ground with two kids I found the tooth and asked some small platic bag to put it on. Some kid get a plastic bag and I put it. I told the kids and the other grown-up that was inportant to go to hospital and to try reimplant the tooth, that looked very entire with root ok, since there was a deadline to allow reimplant in such cases. It would be much less costly and easier than pay for a titaniun pin and prosthetics.

And then I found one teacher, trainner, who is paid to train kids in soccer by the city. He wasn't his actual teacher but his former teacher (now another team), and was black and had a laisy way of be move and talk. He demosntrated no concern with the boy, and only went to see the kid after I approached hin and told the kid was needing help. He came to the kid just just talk briefly and move away.
I said to myself, what the f.... This son of a b... is paid to take care of the kids who use the sport court, was a teacher of this particular kids few time ago, and just didn't care, didn't gave a damn about the kid injury and dispair.

Think with me. If it was a european country and a white blonde teracher didn't gave a damn about a black kid injuried, everyone would acuse hin of racism. But a black teacher can be a cret..in and ignores, and nobody cares

The other grown-up, who had some connection with the team (maybe was a trainer of other sport or other teams), and which I was talking about how help the kid, run into a police car that was sllow passing near a street 30 meter aways, and asked help. The policeman arrive but was very cold, didn't said any good words to calm the kid, and we suggest a ambulance, but minors couldn't go together with the kid. Some more talking and in the mean time his father arrived by motorcycle, and also talked with the police. They decided waitht he ambulane arrive isntead of hin move his son in the motorcycle with hin.

I explained everything to hin, about tooth reimplant possibility, he was given the tooth in the bag, which I previously gave to the other grow-up, and I also explained about require from doctor a sub-dermal stitches (inside skin stitches) to avoid bad scarring. I also talked about the black teacher who didn't care at all about the kids injury and suffering and instructed hin to complain at the city hall secretary, since the teacher was hired by city.
But I bet they will not mess with anyone, as usual in the fuc...ing country (Brazil).
I was going away, and from some distance I saw the ambulance arrive next them.

I feel nobody care about kids today.
We only see fights for women, for abortship, for run naked, use drugs, for who...edom, LGBTs, for fight racism. Of course racism and prejudice are a huge concern, but the kids todays it's like something that are forgotten.

Last edited by All Darc; 10-04-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
It's natural for groups of people to not respond because they assume someone else will who is better equipped to address the issue. That's how we hear of stories of people being raped in public with nobody doing anything. I bet if it was just the kid and that teacher in the area, the teacher would have responded.

Personally, I don't do well with blood and have an abnormal sick reaction to it. If I saw someone else tending to a wounded person, I would leave them alone. I'd still respond to injury if necessary, but my preference would always be to defer to someone with a better stomach for it.

Now if the situation required confrontation, I'd be the first to deliver.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 10-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

But the black teacher did nothing...

Let me see if I understand. You only tolerates blood if the bleeding was caused by you in a confrontation. Is that?

I feel bad when it's my blood, in a case of bleeding for more than a minute or a deep cut I understand it's serious. Get dizzy.

it was very wet (the air) due intense rain and the bag had some rain drops. I hope it was enough, since today I researched and found that it's important to keep to tooth moisture, or in milk (or other soft alcaline solution), to help preserve. But since the boy was sent to a hospital in less than 2 hours, it's probably this was enough. It was already night, colder and very moisture atmospheric condition due rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
It's natural for groups of people to not respond because they assume someone else will who is better equipped to address the issue. That's how we hear of stories of people being raped in public with nobody doing anything. I bet if it was just the kid and that teacher in the area, the teacher would have responded.

Personally, I don't do well with blood and have an abnormal sick reaction to it. If I saw someone else tending to a wounded person, I would leave them alone. I'd still respond to injury if necessary, but my preference would always be to defer to someone with a better stomach for it.

Now if the situation required confrontation, I'd be the first to deliver.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

I stepped on a broken bottle once with my full weight (in a creek). I hobbled up the embankment onto the grass and stumbled around. A woman approached and asked if I was ok, and I said "yes". Then she said she was a nurse, and then I replied "in that case, I'm not ok". At that point I was getting dizzy and laid down.

I'm able to respond to blood and guts if there's adrenaline and the situation requires my attention, but the moment someone else takes the responsibility my weak stomach for it takes over.

Maybe I should spend a day watching open heart surgeries and LASIK to numb my overactive senses.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

You limitation it's easier than my repulse against LCD TVs.
I hate small LCD screen, and I hate computer LCD screens. And so a 55 inch LCD (LED TVs it's also LCD panel) 4K TV it's a nightmare to watch, since it's a giant version of a uggly & anoying thing. It drives me really angry. It's ,like if a meat eater order a steak and receives a piece of just fat with cartilage.

I'm still concern about the kid and his tooth and cut chin. I hope they managed to implant it back and perform quality sub dermal stitches to the chin open cut.

It it was a serious car crash, I bet 10 people would be shooting video by cell phone, and just a one or two (or even noone) would be concerned to help. People are a sh...t

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I stepped on a broken bottle once with my full weight (in a creek). I hobbled up the embankment onto the grass and stumbled around. A woman approached and asked if I was ok, and I said "yes". Then she said she was a nurse, and then I replied "in that case, I'm not ok". At that point I was getting dizzy and laid down.

I'm able to respond to blood and guts if there's adrenaline and the situation requires my attention, but the moment someone else takes the responsibility my weak stomach for it takes over.

Maybe I should spend a day watching open heart surgeries and LASIK to numb my overactive senses.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

I also think that's part of the specialization of society and the dependency of government we've grown accustomed to.

By specializing in our trades, it comes at the expense of knowing how to do other things, and especially in feeling competent and capable of handing things outside of areas of expertise. Paramedics respond to injury, and police respond to civil disorder, so we absolve ourselves of responsibility since it isn't our specialty.

Then whenever something tragic happens, we demand our government take responsibility for it. Some evil guy kills someone... politician x is personally responsible for that. I spill hot coffee on myself... the government should do something about that. I take out a mortgage I can't afford... the government should do something about that. My neighbor annoys me... the government needs to mediate between us.

It seems likely you have more compassion than others, but I'm saying it's not just lack of compassion that can explain reasons why people do or do not take action. Personality is affected by so many different aspects that action can hardly be distilled down to a single explanation like lack of compassion, or racism, even if those are components.

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Niles cannot handle blood, but we do not see much of that here:

A medic asked me if I was okay as I stripped as I walked back to my room in the barracks, covered in quality Army jet fuel. I said "No" and she went about her business.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I wished to hit hin in the scene of the fire extinguisher...
The scene was too stupid even for a humoristic TV show.
Anyway it shows how pathetic psychiatrist can be in private life.

You, in jet fuel??? Why??? Isn't jet fuel very harmfull to skin by just contact with it???
Maybe she (doctor) didn't wish to strip you more...

About blood, a doctor who wrote a book about a very dangerous prison said, in his memories, that a dangerous criminal, homicide was afraid of the doctor collect a blood sample. The doctor asked hin why, if he was a homicide that killed people. He responded that he was afraid only of his own blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Niles cannot handle blood, but we do not see much of that here:

A medic asked me if I was okay as I stripped as I walked back to my room in the barracks, covered in quality Army jet fuel. I said "No" and she went about her business.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
You limitation it's easier than my repulse against LCD TVs.
Isn't that sort of apples and blood oranges?

Old 10-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Ok, I can explain better about TV screens.

I'm the sober guy, and you guys who appreciate LCD, are the drunk one :

You should not drink before watch (or review) TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Isn't that sort of apples and blood oranges?

Reply  Post New Thread