Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #241 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Curtains? Over what light source?
Over the window, so it may not interfere with the bright of the screen and its contrast. That's what I would try.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-04-2020, 08:38 PM   #242 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I have Windows 10, will that work?
Old 04-04-2020, 11:42 PM   #243 (permalink)
Not Doug

I had a whole half hour to try to keep two jobs before I needed to do my brother's evening routine.

Oh I am already out of time.

One problem is that I need to transfer files from my old laptop to this one. I did not want to use my current laptop for work stuff, especially when I took it to work, but from home?

I am going to use the vastly faster one.

I decided to check for jobs. I saw three that potentially interested me in Arizona.

#1 No listed pay: "Now via Tele- Therapy you can create you are to create your own schedule and set your own schedule?"

I wish there were an easy way to reach out and suggest they reread that line.

#2, the one that potentially pays better than my current job, W2 with benefits versus my 1099, and I am confident they would endeavor to find me clients because I have the impression they are greedy little illegitimate children: "We tell the truth..."

The owner lied to me.

#3 I really wish they gave some idea of their payscale. It lists two pay ranges. One for SLPAs and another for SLPs?

It does not specify. Why do they have the same starting pay?

If the one with the lower maximum pay is for SLPAs it would hopefully be competitive with where I work now, but I could make more money with a lower rate and a good caseload.

Quote:
During uncertain times, you and your family need security.
That's why I am here!
Quote:
[Agency]is growing more now than ever before, because we take care of our own.
Grammarly says you shouldn't have a comma there.
Discuss.
Quote:
Join us now with highest rates in Arizona while sitting in your living room using Telehealth!
The liars advertise more. If I have it in writing...
The living room would absolutely not work, but how about a speech shack?
Quote:
We will send your new IPhone and IPad today
freebeard, tell them how to capitalize iPhone!
Curses.
Also, I would need to learn to use an iPhone?! Do I look like a three-year-old?!
Quote:
...and give you immediate training with a team of 6 staff to support you.
Wow. Six. I think that my current agency has at least ten or twenty and you tell me how useful that is. Then again, my rival's agency just has one owner who maintains her own full caseload and often travels, but actively gets clients, so it is not the size of the staff, but whether or not it does its job.
Quote:
Full caseloads available with quick payment every other week, guaranteed.
That is one of the problems with my rival's agency, on top of not having an office, they pay once a month--if you are lucky. Since multiple people sued for back pay, it seems like there is not a guarantee, either.
Quote:
If you get sick, we offer sick time! If you are looking for security, join our team and become one of the [hilarious acronym] Family! “We are here for you”
If they pay me $5 an hour less, but I work another two hours a week, https://www.viewthenumbers.com/w2-vs-1099 says that I would take home the same amount, except I would have retirement, sick days, etc.

I would want to compare a lower hourly pay because W2 employers invariably pay less than 1099 ones, but this would be $10 an hour less than their maximum for a bilingual therapist with five years of experience who is actively trying to get into grad school.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:18 AM   #244 (permalink)
Not Doug

You may not think that I plan much because my life is a disaster, but then again, I spend tons of time planning out things here!

Contingencies:
  1. Get into NAU and do everything that I can to graduate. Even if I only have three teleclients my GI bill would be enough.
  2. I do not get in, but I put my brother on my caseload, and I start doing habilitation with him. That pays $14.75 through my agency. If I can get twenty hours with him I will make almost as much as I do with the school.
  3. I do not get in and I cannot get twenty hours a week with my brother. I apply to the other agency. The state authorized tele evaluations, but I wonder how well that would work, and how many families out here have video chat capabilities, but you figure that if they want it, they could borrow someone's phone for an hour. In theory I could earn two or even three times as much, but would that help me get into grad school?
Old 04-05-2020, 02:46 AM   #245 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Grammarly says you shouldn't have a comma there.
Discuss.
It's a dependent clause; so I guess it depends.

Old 04-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #246 (permalink)
Not Doug

I really need to stop following up news updates. I tried to give myself plenty of time to get ready for work today, but Mom got up early just so she could get angry at me for trying to maintain my jobs.

My brother is out of one of his medications and she is running out of insulin.
"You said that you could have that delivered."
"Not in-time!"

So, I need to reschedule one of my teletherapy sessions and Mom had me dig out one of her old dust masks, even though I have a respirator.

We only have two dust masks left and we still have weeks left of this getting worse.

I keep seeing articles about security issues with Zoom. The state of New York told their schools to not use it, so I asked that supervisor.

"We haven't been told not to!"

Way to be proactive, Ma'am.

"I still need to talk to you!"

When is she going to stop telling me that she needs to talk to me and actually say what she feels she needs to while we are already talking?

While I was trying to find two articles that popped up on my computer I saw the link for ten makeshift home offices.

I am sitting in my shed. I think that I have seen enough.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:55 AM   #247 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Apparently you can change settings to make your calls more secure, and if you record the sessions, you can change the filename to something other than the searchable default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 04-06-2020, 12:33 PM   #248 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:

So, I need to reschedule one of my teletherapy sessions and Mom had me dig out one of her old dust masks, even though I have a respirator.

We only have two dust masks left and we still have weeks left of this getting worse.
2 should be plenty. You aren’t throwing them away after each use are you?

Come home, take it off in the garage, let it sit there until you need it next week. A week is double the time COVID 19 can live on any surface.

This does require you to get organized and make a list of everything you need for the week and get it all in one shopping trip.

Does anyone else in your family need any other meds in the next month?
Can you get a multiple month supply?
What food do you need for the next week?
Etc, Etc

Make a list, check it twice, ask anyone else if they need anything for this weeks one and only trip out of the house.

My last trip to the store was 27-March. We will need milk in 1-2 days and we will go out and get everything on our list.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:59 PM   #249 (permalink)
Not Doug

One person can search the other person's computer through Zoom?

That supervisor forwarded an e-mail from another therapist with a list of changes that she wanted us to make in order to make Zoom more secure.

She clearly isn't a computer person, whenever I see a computer person tell someone to do something, they give them the steps!

For each and every thing I needed to look up how to change it, half of the time the menu had changed since Zoom wrote instructions, and often the default setting was allegedly the correct one.

Also, she wrote "Disable `File-Transfer' so there is no digital virus sharing."

Who says "Digital virus?!"

I did not worry about that e-mail last week because I was not doing Zoom again. Unfortunately, between trying to figure out how to get my family their prescriptions and reading those articles I did not leave myself enough time to adjust Zoom.

Then again, it would have been much faster had they give proper instructions.

I sent out the meeting invitation for my 09 student, but did not hear back. I would have called, but I was still trying to secure the system. Now I am waiting to hear back from my 0930 student, while trying to figure out what else I am missing.

I am trying to take care of many things, but one priority is maximizing my video quality, which is why we had a discussion on lighting. The local news keeps video chatting with people and I am surprised that wealthy people often have terrible lighting. It does not help that for whatever reason, instead of just showing the video from Facetime or whatever, they always show the iPhone and its screen, which just looks terrible:

Also, how are you guys sleeping? I did terribly last week until I bought Safeway's version of Zzzquil:

I had tried just melatonin, but it did not seem to help, and I mostly tossed and turned until I decided to give up and try to accomplish things. Now I am sleeping seven or eight hours, but I still feel tired all day.

I am pretty sure that I am depressed, too.

I went grocery shopping on Friday and that was the list that Mom made, although she remembered things that she had wanted after I came home. I also lost the list halfway through, so I wish that I had taken a proper picture of it, or at least remembered that it was in th--

Legend says it is still on that shelf to this day.

I felt confident that I remembered everything from the front because I went through the entire list several times trying to organize my trip, but I called Mom.

I need to remind her to keep a list for this Friday or whenever we cannot wait any longer.

We just need medicine today and if I use the drive-through I will minimize exposure.

Would the dust mask protect me better than my respirator?

Last distraction [for now]! There are about ten dead wasps in my shop vacuum! This shed used to be a dog house, but I also regularly dealt with wasp infestations. I removed several small hives, but I keep finding wasps in the same spot, even though there is not a hive there or anywhere that I can find. I keep hearing or seeing the shadow of something flying behind my head and dropping what I am doing to try to find it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Social distance.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	27848   Click image for larger version

Name:	91397097_10222921295164968_9013824185960497152_o.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	27849  
Old 04-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #250 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Also, how are you guys sleeping? I did terribly last week until I bought Safeway's version of Zzzquil
I'm sleeping really well - better than normal. I'm waking up about 6 - 6:30 am without an alarm. Start my work day at 7:00. Done with work at 3:30 pm. I do a 30-40 minute run during the day and another one in the afternoon.

Quote:
Would the dust mask protect me better than my respirator?
Depends on what dusk mask you are using. A properly fitted N95 dusk mask should be just as effective as a properly fitted respirator with N95 filters. If they aren't fitted right or you don't take them off properly the effectiveness drops dramatically. Same with gloves. They don't do much of anything if you don't take them off right.

A respirator does nothing to protect others if you have the virus. The exhaust valve is not filtered. Same with a N95 mask with a one-way valve.

Even a bandanna, homemade mask or paper surgical mask would be better to protect others.

Reply  Post New Thread