Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 04:43 AM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I thought this to myself, but didn't mention it, because "Frank-Lee", if you're not willing to take the carb apart to put a few gaskets in it, you're probably not going to be interested in re-jetting it, either.

Me, on the other hand, I'd be the one trying to make my own jets on a lathe.
You don't have to take the carb apart to lean it out under high manifold vacuum conditions.You can just run an adjustable manifold vacuum source to the float bowl vent and regulate the amount of atmospheric pressure in the bowl with the amount of vacuum you administer.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltanbod View Post
You don't have to take the carb apart to lean it out under high manifold vacuum conditions.You can just run an adjustable manifold vacuum source to the float bowl vent and regulate the amount of atmospheric pressure in the bowl with the amount of vacuum you administer.
Sounds like the "carb enhancer" to me.

Put a vac source on this tube...run the looped line inside to a sensitive needle valve...adjust the float bowl pressure manually from inside as you drive?

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL

Last edited by suspectnumber961; 04-24-2010 at 09:31 AM..
Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Alien Observer

highcountryexplorer - '86 Nissan 720 KC 4x4 ST with fiberglass cap
90 day: 21.78 mpg (US)

Elroy - '03 Ford Focus ZX3 w/Zetec DOHC engine
90 day: 32.89 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc2dave View Post
What are aholes? I can think of one meaning but i don;t think it pertains to this thread. Did you notice a difference with the fa2000?
Here is my ahole story....

Maybe 10 yrs or so ago (in winter)....I was parked along a road in some woods taking a break when a couple of guys came along in a pickup nodding and smiling. A couple minutes later they come by again...this time lookin' mean. I think...hmmm...and head home.

Got maybe 50 miles or so to the NW and stopped at a gas station to refill...but the pump didn't shut off...spilling maybe a quart of gas on the ground. It was enough that I was afraid to start the car up...so I pushed it away from the pump and went inside...asking the Middle Eastern type guy at the counter WTF...he said that 2 guys did it...sitting nearby looked like the same pickup...probably driven by 2 aholes.

So what were the aholes up to? Probably some kind of ahole test to see if I was paying attention....there is a sign on the pumps saying that you are responsible for the pump shutting off. No matter if there is a fire at the pumps and people get burned...the aholes wouldn't know anything about that. If there was a fire...you'd just read in the paper about some irresponsible driver who caused the fire....aholes can do no wrong.

They can also cause the pump to run slow.

Can't say why I got the 36 mpg...unless the aholes have found a way to give me some free gas. The car was definitely full....previous tank was avg.

As far as the FA2000...testing will be slow...but I do intend to do a thorough test if possible....things been sitting in a box for 5 yrs or so.

Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. GALLUP POLL
Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
...Chrysler and Honda learned a "lot" about LEAN-BURN techiques...both electronic and mechanical.
subaru was there too...pulling more than a honda and outlasting the chrysler.

There is other means to gain lean burn, outside air has to be correct. The winter mode on my carbed sube went away today, it needs nearly 80 degrees to click out of it (audibly so). Now in 40s mpg mode, in the winter, it loses ten mpg...(6 months for me)
I do not know what does it, but do know what I had to keep hooked up for it to function. My carb is not in the books, it took a small boost (a blo through hitachi).

if the plans worked in america for feedback, we would not be killing ourselves over the retards that could not make it work. *cough*holley*cough*

I mean 175 billion gallons of gas a year with not nearly enough more cars on the road to justify a doubling in consumption kills all arguments about injections winning. Good luck with your carbs, they are the winner.

I am pondering a 32/34 weber next, it is not a master, but I can preserve the genius I am running now if I swap.(I am restoring)

progressive 2 brrl, feedback, thermal monitoring of vacuum actuation.. it is a genius. No ECU necessary.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

RaceJeep - '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 5.9 Limited
90 day: 13.62 mpg (US)
BGD - Also keep in mind that most people drive more now than they used to. So, even with the same cars on the road, fuel consumption would be higher.

Typical driving: Back in Rochester for school, driving is 60 - 70% city
Reply  Post New Thread