Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #2461 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
change

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
We somehow have to come up with a way that works to proactively enact a complete social/ economic change or else we are headed for Fortress Cities and Barbarism. Eventually the rich will run out of bullets.
Structurally,the motion picture and broadcast television networks,along with radio broadcasters and print media could pull it off.
Television could do it in 72-hours basically all by itself.
It would be the owners and advertisers that would have to come on board.
If it ever gets bad enough,all these will be nationalized.It's been done before.
'Follow the money' Deep Throat

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #2462 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

easy when

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
That was easy when the newer alternative was vastly more useful. And there were only 1 Billion mouths to feed. And there was no such thing as 275 Trillion $ in world debt.
The thing for me,is that we transitioned off these technologies and never looked back.And no one is trying to bring them back.They no longer makes sense.
If we do make it,it will be because we abandoned convention and moved on.
If global population stabilizes at 10-billion and we can hold it there we may have a chance.I do not know.
Debt is a form of legal fiction.Perhaps some clever tribe will prescribe a more realistic,sustainable metric for wealth,and self-actualization.
We still have a lot of inches.

Old 08-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #2463 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

forced

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
It's not like oil will run out all at once. Solutions will occur as needed.

This isn't to say I'm against preparing for the future, but I'm certainly against a 1 world order, or overly authoritarian states.

We deserve the results of our actions/inactions. I'd rather be free to fail than forced to "succeed".
There are probably some out there who will nor forgive our tresspasses.
As they've said,'your freedom ends where mine begins.'
The may be a point in history where we will no longer be given the luxury to fail with their atmosphere.

Old 08-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #2464 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
*I've never read where climatologists discount solar irradiance as a climate driver.They actively monitor the photosphere,chromosphere,corona,heliosphere,magnet osphere,electron emissions,ion emissions,solar wind,shockwaves,magnetic fields,current sheets,coronal holes,Alfven waves,temporal spin(surface and internal),heavy ions,sun-spot cycles,radiophysics,gyromagnetic processes,electron beam propogation,H&K lines of UV,flares,coronal mass ejections,contoversial Eigil Friis-Chrisensen&Knud Lassen temp./sunspot causation thesis,steller senescence,tidal fluctuations,planetary conjunctions,conduction assymmetries,acoustic lensing amplifications-refectance amplification accoustic booming,reflectice harmonics,resonnance,explosions,implosions,compres sive heating,asperities,Coriolis effect,reverberations,turbulence,eddies,stratifica tion,attenuation,plume ascension,decending,co-rotations,counter-rotations,boiling,condensation,escape velocities,diffusion,interior waves,surface waves,viscosity,gas-dynamics,ion dynamics,thermodynamics,pulses,spikes,absorption,r arefaction,dampening,cyclic deformation,asphericity,asymmetry,bright areas,Oscillations,resonant modes,local speed of sound,rotation rates,coherent modes of vibration,helioseismology,non-uniform rotaion,radiative diffusion,turbulent diffusion,major restoring forces,pressure,buoyancy,frequencies,wavelengths etc..
Bingo!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=alfven+waves&t=hi&ia=web

Quote:
Timeline
1942: Alfvén theorises the existence of electromagnetic-hydromagnetic waves in a paper published in Nature.[1]
1949: Laboratory experiments by S. Lundquist produce such waves in magnetised mercury, with a velocity that approximated Alfvén's formula.[2]
1949: Enrico Fermi uses Alfvén waves in his theory of cosmic rays. According to Alex Dressler in a 1970 Science journal article, Fermi had heard a lecture at the University of Chicago, Fermi nodded his head exclaiming "of course" and the next day, the physics world said "of course".[3]
1950: Alfvén publishes the first edition of his book, Cosmical Electrodynamics, detailing hydromagnetic waves, and discussing their application to both laboratory and space plasmas.[4]
1952: Additional confirmation appears in experiments by Winston Bostick and Morton Levine with ionized helium.[5]
1954: Bo Lehnert produces Alfvén waves in liquid sodium.[6]
1955: Eugene Parker suggests hydromagnetic waves in the interstellar medium.[7]
1958: Berthold, Harris, and Hope detect Alfvén waves in the ionosphere after the Argus nuclear test, generated by the explosion, and travelling at speeds predicted by Alfvén formula.[8]
1958: Eugene Parker suggests hydromagnetic waves in the Solar corona extending into the Solar wind.[9]
1959: D. F. Jephcott produces Alfvén waves in a gas discharge.[10]
1960: Coleman, et al, report the measurement of Alfvén waves by the magnetometer aboard the Pioneer and Explorer satellites.[11]
1960: Sugiura suggests evidence of hydromagnetic waves in the Earth's magnetic field.[12]
1970 Hannes Alfvén wins the 1970 Nobel Prize in physics for "for fundamental work and discoveries in magneto-hydrodynamics with fruitful applications in different parts of plasma physics".[13]
1973: Eugene Parker suggests hydromagnetic waves in the intergalactic medium.[14]
1974: Hollweg suggests the existence of Hydromagnetic waves in interplanetary space [15]
1974: Ip and Mendis suggests the existence of Hydromagnetic waves in the coma of Comet Kohoutek.[16]
https://www.plasma-universe.com/Alfvén_wave

I was being snarky with the mention of Eric Dollard. It's unfortunate that his History and Theory of Electricity is so long (3 1/3 hours) but the first half on history is really good.

He explains how 'Maxwell's equations' were indecipherable until Oliver Heaviside reduced them to practice. Curiously I found a mention of Heaviside in a video about UFOs, the Sonora Aero Club (watch?v=ijA7atHnm8M) — at 1:20:00 he talks about Oliver Heaviside's Theory of Gravitoelectromagnetism (1983). Heaviside is an interesting character.

What's 'gyromagnetic processes'?

Quote:
Structurally,the motion picture and broadcast television networks,along with radio broadcasters and print media could pull it off.
Television could do it in 72-hours basically all by itself.
It would be the owners and advertisers that would have to come on board.
If it ever gets bad enough,all these will be nationalized.It's been done before.
'Follow the money' Deep Throat
All of which media have been subsumed by packet-switched interactive media. And all of which are ham-strung by 'interests'. The solution will be bottom-up not top-down.

Hearts and minds.

Last edited by freebeard; 08-18-2018 at 05:13 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #2465 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
This isn't to say I'm against preparing for the future, but I'm certainly against a 1 world order, or overly authoritarian states.
Is it safe to say that you disagree with the Thanos solution?

Old 08-19-2018, 12:49 AM   #2466 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
That's usually the final solution.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:21 AM   #2467 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Well, Thanos killed half of everyone--sometimes twice.

Old 08-19-2018, 02:42 AM   #2468 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
Probably just an oversite lol.

Also a volcano no one has ever herd of erupted in the middle of no where china. The significance is its only erupted just before or during prolonged solar minimum for the last 2000 years.
Probably just coincidence.
I say volcanoes are never wrong, don't believe me, try to argue with a volcano, it will just incinerate you.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 08-19-2018 at 09:35 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #2469 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
It's a UN thing so it's pretty much a redistribution of wealth scam to destroy capitalism, rob money from the US, promise to give it to less developed countries but what's really going to happen is the UN and their cronies are going to pocket at least 80% of it.
Funny thing when people talk about that: Administrative costs are a real issue in charity. The most efficient charities I know of are only efficient because they're run by rich volunteers.

If you paid them what they're actually worth, those charities would be in the red.

-

But no, there's no convincing some people that uplifting the beggars in spain will do anything to improve the global economy.

Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Probably just an oversite lol.

Also a volcano no one has ever herd of erupted in the middle of no where china. The significance is its only erupted just before or during prolonged solar minimum for the last 2000 years.
Probably just coincidence.
I say volcanoes are never wrong, don't believe me, try to argue with a volcano, it will just incinerate you.
Like I said before, volcanoes erupt all the time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...more-activity/

We're on track for being an average year. It's just that some of the eruptions are close to civilized areas, which means they're in the news more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
There are probably some out there who will nor forgive our tresspasses.
As they've said,'your freedom ends where mine begins.'
The may be a point in history where we will no longer be given the luxury to fail with their atmosphere.
We're all pooping in the pool.

And the pool is getting mighty mighty crowded.

The Following User Says Thank You to niky For This Useful Post:
Xist (08-19-2018)
Old 08-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #2470 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niky
Funny thing when people talk about that: Administrative costs are a real issue in charity. The most efficient charities I know of are only efficient because they're run by rich volunteers.
Charitable contribution is a good fit with the blockchain: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=charity+on+blockchain

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
sendler (08-19-2018)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam