Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2018, 02:53 AM   #2501 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,799 Posts
I looks like in addition to rolling back the fuel milage mandate the trump administration is also rolling back the coal fired power plant mandate. Leaving it up to the states to decide.
So if places like California or wacked out east coast states want to go all renewable and drive their residents into poverty or out of the state altogether they can.

The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #2502 (permalink)
Banned

I wasn't refering to the law, but about rights in ethical terms, moral, philosophy.

Law can be a garbage. They first likes a lot of borns, to have a lot of people to get low workmanship, and also to help get soldiers. The can can even force (almost-unde risk of jail) people to kil when the state tells who is allowed to be murdered.

It would be easier if humans just laid eggs. Don't want so just don't brood it.

--

Science says 12 weeks, and if I remamber well (mayne I'm wrong) it's related to myelin formation, that's what allow neurons to conduct electrical impulses..

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
This is wrong. They are chattel. They have no [civil] rights until majority. This can be unfair to the children suffering under suboptimal parenting, but it's the law.

None of my business, I was kicked out of the gene pool in the eighties; but IMHO the line is drawn at 42 days. When the brain is flooded with DMT.

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #2503 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I looks like in addition to rolling back the fuel milage mandate the trump administration is also rolling back the coal fired power plant mandate. Leaving it up to the states to decide.
So if places like California or wacked out east coast states want to go all renewable and drive their residents into poverty or out of the state altogether they can.
Facts show otherwise - California has the fastest growing economy while they are transitioning more quickly to renewable energy than most places. Moving to renewable energy will save us a lot of money, and save a lot of lives, and improve our quality of life.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018), Lemmy (09-04-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #2504 (permalink)
Banned

Why bloombox failed?
It sounded promissing...

But some engines are as effective, and bloombox did not got out to usual consumers, but kept just for services in large companies.

If it was affordable, it could be used in electric car, using ethanol from sugar caine (if was workable with it) and reduce emissions (in final balance) since farming for sugar cane take CO2 from atmosphere.

Unfortunately bloombox it's expensive, not for ordinary public, and don't work with ethanol. And the relation of size and Kw don't fit to car's needs and dimentions.

I found this anout Bloombox : https://www.fastcompany.com/1562877/...smartphone-too

"And this is where K.R. Sridhar’s been amazingly forthcoming with data. Due to thermodynamic considerations, high-temperature fuel cells can be more efficient than low-temperature ones, but Bloom Boxes don’t just waste that heat–it’s captured and re-cycled into the system. And the company’s successfully engineered its metal and ceramic components so they expand at the same rate under heating, meaning the fragile ceramic plates don’t fracture under the stress.

As for the by-products, the CO2 isn’t actually a significant problem, since it compares extremely favorably with the CO2 load of power-station provided juice. And the extremely pure H2O that pours out of the system could have one more surprising use–if it’s captured, and connected up to an electrolysis unit powered by a separate solar unit (or even from spare energy put out by the Bloom Box under conditions of low demand) you can generate pure oxygen and hydrogen. The hydrogen can then be stored and “recycled” as a portable fuel source for hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles (or even pocket gadgets)…effectively reducing the fuel burden of a househol and car to a single fuel source, for the Bloom Box. A more complex system could actually capture the CO2 and hydrogen and recombining them into a methane-like fuel."

Last edited by All Darc; 08-21-2018 at 01:22 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #2505 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Facts show otherwise - California has the fastest growing economy while they are transitioning more quickly to renewable energy than most places. Moving to renewable energy will save us a lot of money, and save a lot of lives, and improve our quality of life.
CA has the fastest growing economy because it attracts the most innovators, and has a culture of materialism (more so than most other places in the country). Their economy is growing despite the high price of everything, including utilities, not because of it.

This might be fine for most Californians, but it has an outsized negative impact on the poor, which CA has plenty of.

Perhaps long term there will be some savings to be had by moving towards renewables, but that isn't evident yet. There will likely be no way to quantify the health impacts of going to renewables, other than the clear cases of technicians who fall to their deaths while installing solar roofs, or while working on wind turbines.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #2506 (permalink)
Banned

What about a small car, self drive, and you sleep during a coast to coast travell with a little more than 1 gallon ?

https://inhabitat.com/student-design...gallon-of-gas/

Still needs to install a self drive computer.

Ok, ok, ... not fast enough to a real coast to coast travel... But the principle would be interesting, self drive while sleep.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #2507 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc
I wasn't refering to the law, but about rights in ethical terms, moral, philosophy.
Garbage or not, at least law is defined; ethics and morality are debated since time imemmorial. How about neurology? Like Lawrence Lessing says Code is Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-..._consciousness

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #2508 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
But the principle would be interesting, self drive while sleep.
This is the big thing I'm waiting for. I don't care as much about the ability of a car to self drive during a commute. What I want is interstate travel so I can sleep and arrive at my destination well rested with a full day to adventure.

It would open up a lot of travel options for me. I could go 500 miles during the time I'm sleeping. I'd certainly never fly if the trip were less than about 1000 miles.

On several occasions I've driven nearly 1000 miles after having worked a 13hr work shift. It completely wipes me out. I'm basically a zombie the whole next day.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #2509 (permalink)

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,801 Times in 938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
It was completely offensive to me to apply for a marriage license. I'm not asking the government to get married; I'm telling them. In the same vein, I'm not going to apply for a license to have children.
But you were asking the government to get married! You were asking for it to bestow conveniences, like the ability to file a joint tax return or make healthcare decisions for an unresponsive partner. You can do everything that marriage is--live together, share finances, raise children, own a home, whatever--without the government if you wanted. Why didn't you just do that and leave the government out of it? Because you wanted the rights the government grants to those who are legally and not just practically married (I'm using those two words, "legally" and "practically," literally here).

Let's be clear--"rights" are completely a human invention, and only exist insofar as we collectively decide to bestow them on each other.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-30-2018), redpoint5 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #2510 (permalink)

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,801 Times in 938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Ok, ok, ... not fast enough to a real coast to coast travel... But the principle would be interesting, self drive while sleep.
Those cars average 15mph in competition. At that speed, LA to NY would take you 8 days--with no stops for food or bathroom breaks.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam