Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2018, 05:17 PM   #2671 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
??? Define 'decease'?
From previous context, I assume 'disease'.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018), freebeard (08-31-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-31-2018, 07:39 PM   #2672 (permalink)
Banned

Wel... this "decease" it's a advanced illness, nearly dying. Death...

:-)

That's ok to correct serious mistakes of mine. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
From previous context, I assume 'disease'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018), freebeard (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 10:40 PM   #2673 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Isn't a little deceased like a little pregnant?
Quote:
Knownledge it's still limited about brain, despite deep research.
The mind-body dichotomy has been debated for decades. But physics says it's all [Hindu] Maya anyways.
Quote:
Trump ??? Sociopaths get support in "thin cows times", or when people are afraid.
I understand that at your distance you see Hollywood and the mainstream media pushed at you, so must it look that way. The other point of view is that normie's are back in charge, and people love it.

Since the Internet trolls are bashing JBP, try someone like Styxhexenhammer (276,917 subscribers 907 videos)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qDC8Tj8aKuMuSB

Or Tim Pool (56,252 subscribers 174 videos)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=timcast

His latest post (The Far Left has finally come for Wil Wheaton) got 75,000 views in one day. When you compare, mainstream voices like NYT get more subscribers but fewer views on many stories. There exists an Intellectual Dark Web.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 08:42 AM   #2674 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, it's just a little dead.

Quote:
Isn't a little deceased like a little pregnant?
I try to watch both sides, right and left. I also saw Fox News, and even Louren Southern. Honestly I don't find reasoable people in any side of famous vloggers, but I feel both are just paid to push one political ideology.

Believe me, I hate cretin bull sh...t in both sides (right & left), and I was hated by both in a incedent I can tell you later, and this incident it's the living proof of how people in my country are retard, cretins and hypocrites.

Many people on left are in the deep the same sh...t as the people they complain, or worse. This topic it's about clime and gobal warming, so I don't know if people will want to listen me about such personal story. It all started with a piece of paper, a note with phone number.

JBP... despite he talks many trues that most psychologist are too cowards to say today, I don't agree with hin in other things, his bias. I like people who deep explore both sides in search of true. But such people nearly don't exist today.

Quote:
I understand that at your distance you see Hollywood and the mainstream media pushed at you, so must it look that way. The other point of view is that normie's are back in charge, and people love it.

Since the Internet trolls are bashing JBP, try someone like Styxhexenhammer (276,917 subscribers 907 videos)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qDC8Tj8aKuMuSB

Or Tim Pool (56,252 subscribers 174 videos)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=timcast

His latest post (The Far Left has finally come for Wil Wheaton) got 75,000 views in one day. When you compare, mainstream voices like NYT get more subscribers but fewer views on many stories. There exists an Intellectual Dark Web.

Last edited by All Darc; 09-01-2018 at 08:59 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #2675 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I try to watch both sides, right and left.
As do I. I believe in a bell-shaped curve, with most people either moderate left or moderate right (and a vanishingly small segment that can straddle the exact middle, and stay there) and long tails on either side. The tails on both sides assume they are the middle, and not the other tail (which must be defeated).

Quote:
JBP... despite he talks many trues that most psychologist are too cowards to say today, I don't agree with hin in other things, his bias.
Fair enough. Don't know about his biases, but he is an outlier. He and his daughter are carnivores (nothing but meat and greens ...and alchohol). He's pretty fearless about saying what he thinks. Try this one:

Old 09-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #2676 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
120-V residential power

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
One question I'm a bit afraid to make (cause maybe I appear idiot) :

Why not connect many solar panels together in series (not parallel) to combine voltage, adding enough panels to reach 110/120 volts or 220/240 volts for residential use?
I know inversors not just convert voltage but also convert direct current to alternate current to allow energy be used for homes or go to the grid. But maybe inversors could be simpler or cheaper if they needed just to convert dirrect to alternate current and not also convert voltage.

If one panel fail, or if a cell of one panel fail, in a series connected panels, the entire system lose power, stop working, am I correct ?
If one or two panels get shadow, while the other still get sun (due some object making shadow), would the voltage be altered? I bet not.

Well, did I sounded idiot ?
No,you don't sound like,nor are you an idiot for asking.It would be worse if you didn't ask.
I met a family in Kingman,Arizona which lived off the grid,on 12-VDC,and 120-VDC power.
They had a rather large,home-built 120-VDC wind generator which they used to charge a series-connected group of batteries.
Some of their lights and appliances were 12-VDC,and all the shop power tools had brush-type 120-V motors.
They were mentioned in the newspaper after a storm had knocked out the city's power,and this family's home was the only one 'lit up'.
If a photovoltaic array were located such that there couldn't be any stray shading,the series connecting wouldn't be a problem.
Converting a voltage from DC to AC would require some type of oscillator to produce the 50-or 60 Hertz necessary,and some sort of power conditioning to create a sine wave (motors need this especially).A square-wave and some synthesized sine-wave inverters will not produce an AC current of sufficient quality to run some ac motors.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #2677 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
understands

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I don't think any one understands what you're trying to say or where you are going with that.
Some economists appear to be at ease dismissing certain realities from their algorithms,output,and predictions,while real people are forced pay as a consequence of the economists negligence.
Economists may have a handle on 'price',but they have a track record of completely missing the boat on 'cost.'
As far as the environment is concerned,and policy,I'd leave it in the hands of the scientists.
We wouldn't be in the mess we're in if certain economists,had been locked away in a cage somewhere,where they couldn't hurt anyone.

Last edited by aerohead; 09-01-2018 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (09-05-2018), niky (09-03-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #2678 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Reduced to a single word, it would be 'externalities'.

As in 'internalize profit externalize cost'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018), niky (09-03-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #2679 (permalink)
Banned

Wind generator that resists a storm.... impressive. It it's made to capture wind and it should have to endure stronger forces than the house's roof had to.

I supose that in many places, if a single house was the only with potable water and electricity, in a situation of chaos, the people would invade or even kill the owner to took the water and power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
No,you don't sound like,nor are you an idiot for asking.It would be worse if you didn't ask.
I met a family in Kingman,Arizona which lived off the grid,on 12-VDC,and 120-VDC power.
They had a rather large,home-built 120-VDC wind generator which they used to charge a series-connected group of batteries.
Some of their lights and appliances were 12-VDC,and all the shop power tools had brush-type 120-V motors.
They were mentioned in the newspaper after a storm had knocked out the city's power,and this family's home was the only one 'lit up'.
If a photovoltaic array were located such that there couldn't be any stray shading,the series connecting wouldn't be a problem.
Converting a voltage from DC to AC would require some type of oscillator to produce the 50-or 60 Hertz necessary,and some sort of power conditioning to create a sine wave (motors need this especially).A square-wave and some synthesized sine-wave inverters will not produce an AC current of sufficient quality to run some ac motors.

Last edited by All Darc; 09-01-2018 at 04:45 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018)
Old 09-01-2018, 06:20 PM   #2680 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Wind generator that resists a storm.... impressive. It it's made to capture wind and it should have to endure stronger forces than the house's roof had to.
The strongest possible roof would be an hemisphere. If you put a windmill on a pole and strap it to the side of a box-shaped wall, the vibration will tear it off.

If it is installed (vertical axis) at the summit of a dome, it will gain efficiency from the location and the 360° bracing of the shell will absorb the vibration better.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-04-2018)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam