Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #3641 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=autistic

Quote:
Top definition
autistic
Okay, there is a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to autistic people. The REAL reason why they are so misunderstood is because people are not listening to the actual autistic people themselves when they hear about autism. Autism is typically said with a negative connotation. For this reason, people like to use autism as an insult, which would make sense if autism was actually bad. Additionally, autistic people often face some form of stigma such as ableism, or discrimination against disabled people. Think of autistic people as square pegs trying to fit into round holes. Instead of trying to change the autistic people into round pegs, try changing the holes into square holes. There is a reason why autistic people can be seen as reclusive or antisocial at times. It is because they know about the bad things people do to each other.

Embrace autistic people whenever you can, and they will take you to places you’ve never been to before.
I’m actually autistic myself, so this is why I wrote this definition. I hope you have learned at least a little from it.
by warrier120 June 04, 2018
Quote:
Autistic
The same type of people who brought the world computers, yet still get treated like absolute ****.
idiot: "Haha you have Autism, you're such a retard."
autistic person: "That's funny, I should tell you that an autistic person invented the same ****ing screen you look at 24/7."
by Dubiks August 23, 2018

Some are touched a little more heavily than others. If their parents aren't understanding they wind up 'locked in'.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #3642 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
And you forgot to mention the HDTV broadcast, another great lie.
Don't know what they're doing in Brazil, but broadcast HDTV in the US is top quality as far as 1080p content goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Be careful about use the word autism, since there are many kinds and intensities of autism
Which is why they say "on the spectrum", meaning there are varying degrees. I'm sure I'm on many yet to be defined spectrums of cognitive and social behavior, and wouldn't be surprised to know I'm just a touch autistic too.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:22 PM   #3643 (permalink)
Banned

Indeed, psychology and psychiatry are so dumd-shi...t areas that they started to label things so many times, so insistent, that today they found nearly noone are normal, nearly noone are outside the spectrum of some condition they classified somewhere as something.

Indded humans are not normal, but animals from nature that get opposable thumbs, walked erectus, and learned to speak.

But it's funy how a lot of bright people was labeled as abnormal or crazy, when questioning society stupidity and society insanity, while a lot of just "lead soldiers" people, byproducts of their time, ignorant, incapable of contest and keep coherence, was saw a normal people.

And they will have more and more drugs to sell to a lot of people with each new "condition" in any of these spectrums they created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Which is why they say "on the spectrum", meaning there are varying degrees. I'm sure I'm on many yet to be defined spectrums of cognitive and social behavior, and wouldn't be surprised to know I'm just a touch autistic too.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-09-2018 at 10:03 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #3644 (permalink)
Banned

I learned to not accept works in these kinds of "image quality discussion".
Indeed I got mad when I saw how crap it's the "great quality" many people refer.

I see all the dirty tricks video compression technology do in HDTV air broadcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Don't know what they're doing in Brazil, but broadcast HDTV in the US is top quality as far as 1080p content goes.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-09-2018 at 10:03 PM..

Old 11-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #3645 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I hug my brother all of the time!

He does not appreciate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
If you feel like your particular malady isn't being addressed effectively, do something about it rather than complain that the whole field is quackery. Because it isn't.
Back when I was eligible, I went to the V.A. suspecting that I had strep throat. The doctor said "You don't have strep, but have some strep medicine anyway." I was in so much pain that I was unable to sleep and I did not want to live like that. They gave me prescription-strength cough drops and they soothed my throat instantly. Medicine has done great and wonderful things, but Mom still has diabetes and many other ailments. Ninety-nine percent of what my brother says is noise to me. My dad died at the age of sixty-four and many pass away much younger than that.

What am I supposed to do about any of that?!

However, your comment reminds me of people who complain about problems, and their negativity only makes things worse, or break laws because they disagree with them.

If the laws are bad, why not start a petition to change them?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:33 AM   #3646 (permalink)
Banned

Please tell, or stop me, if i get too far or sound unkind, since your mother have cancer. I hope she get better.

Was this FDA experiment without a placebo group?

O Brazil there was pioneer experiments for something similar, but not for cancer. It's called immunologic reset. They used to treat autoimune condition as multiple exclerosis and diabetes type one in very early stages. They took some stem cell that regenerates immunlogic system, then they try to destroy the patient imunologic system using radiation or chemotherapy, and then reinject the stem cell back to the patient, and the stem cell would regeneraters the imune system, creating a new immune system that in theory should be free from the autoimune-memory that leaded to the autoimune disease. But in practice the disease returns some months or years later. And the therapy it's dangerous like a bonne marrow transplant, since it kills imune system and the patietn get risk of infection until the stem cells injected rebuilt it again. Even with perfect sterilized room there is risk, since we carry a lot of bacterias and virus that can insureact against us if we get very low or non imune system activity.

My complaim of medicine is that it could be better if they wasn't so greed, if giant companies was more focused on science advance rather than just money, and if doctors was more honest and less arrogant.

If people was aware of the craps on medicine, they could do worldwide protest demanding more serious approachs, serious research for science advance and not to sell drugs.
If people still believe medicine it's ok, if they still get happy with some documentary (that shows researchs that latter fails almost always) selling the ilusion medicine it's advancing a lot, things won't change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
For another, my mother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2005, a particularly aggressive cancer with a 100% mortality rate. She's still alive today because a new lenalidomide treatment was approved the same year. When that stopped working earlier this year, she underwent an experimental FDA trial that removed her T-cells, wiped out her immune system with chemotherapy, then reinjected modified T-cells. Her cancer cell blood count went from over 50% to less than 1% in three weeks.

Examples like that are only possible as the result of well-established scientific inquiry and processes. If you feel like your particular malady isn't being addressed effectively, do something about it rather than complain that the whole field is quackery. Because it isn't.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-10-2018 at 09:52 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #3647 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
dealers or.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
In the War On Fuel, do we go after the dealers or the addicts?
*I'm guessing some market-based mechanism.
*Congress passes legislation mandating a transition off combustion.
*Industry immediately petitions the courts for economic relief.
*The courts grant industry an inverted-rate scale for sales,based upon an mean average per capita consumption.
*Consumers who consume the average amount of energy pay a standard rate.
*Consumers who use less are rewarded with savings.
*Consumers who consume more than the standard pay the average rate,up to the pre-determined limit,then double that rate for up to some established second limit,and consecutive doublings each time they break out the bracket,for a geometric price increase.
*Like an Energy Star vs Energy Turd rating criteria.
*It incentivizes thrift,emissions reductions,and transitioning away from combustion.
It disincentivizes profligate waste,and super-emissions.
*Profits from extra-consumption payments helps underwrite industry R&D for carbon sequestration,carbon trading,reinvestments,whatever they decide,plus federal funds to help cushion industrie's burden of reduced sales,and focus on profitable transition to whatever the boards of directors deem appropriate.
*We owe them for the sacrifice.
*The atmospheric greenhouse gases didn't get there without us.Mea culpa.
*Consumers may still enjoy 'preference' as to their lifestyle and product choices,however that may no longer use the atmosphere for their own sewer,without paying for the injury to the global community.
Just some thoughts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-10-2018), RedDevil (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #3648 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
financial interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Ah, conspiracy theories. You periodically hear about people who invent something that would significantly reduce petroleum usage and the oil companies buy their patent, possibly suing them into bankruptcy first. While that definitely sounds like a conspiracy theory, I do think that it is possible.
While I was catching up on everyone arguing with Oil Pan, a lady came to visit Mom, and it seems like she was excited about a video she saw on Facebook. Some lady found out that her son with autism lacked a hormone called Secretin, they injected him with it, his symptoms reduced more and more, until he was "Normal." The full story is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Sokolski (except Wikipedia says improvements only lasted about six weeks and additional doses did not do anything)

This says there were sixteen placebo-controlled randomized trials demonstrating zero benefit from Secretin: https://www.quackwatch.org/04Consume.../secretin.html

I have not been able to find any pro-Secretin videos on YouTube, but I did find this against it, giving the same information as that webpage: https://youtu.be/JaR4zpdtvdk

The lady said "Of course the studies did not show any benefit! The pharmaceutical companies want to sell drugs!"

Couldn't they sell Secretin?

Here is a Princeton article about it: https://www.princeton.edu/~actin/doc...tACure_000.pdf

Basically the article seems to be based on this line:

However, it seems the entire thing is just an explanation of what Secretin is and how it works.

Pharmaceutical companies to the rescue!

Aren't oil and pharmaceutical companies two of the largest political donors? Wouldn't it be in their financial interest to bury anything that risks their profits?
If you want to see how it's done,check out US Senate Select Committee on Nutrition and Human Needs vs the Meat Industry,1976-1977

Old 11-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #3649 (permalink)
ASV
weirdo

all the green house gas getting released today was in the biosphere previously
but a specific type of cellulose was indigestible to microbial life causing a massive build up of hydrocarbons. some of the build-up burnt in massive catastrophic fires. some of it was just buried under ground by sedimentary process. that's the oil we are using now
so the earths biosphere can definitely absorb the CO2 as it came from there in the first place. its still going to do some damage in the short term

The Following User Says Thank You to ASV For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #3650 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
Quote:
*I'm guessing some market-based mechanism.
*Congress passes legislation mandating a transition off combustion.
*Industry immediately petitions the courts for economic relief.
I like it but you second and third points negate the first.

I'd prefer a market-based solution, but maybe using the existing mind control mechanism mainstream media to wean people off sports and gambling, and redirect the intent of the populace to saving their own sorry.... selves.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-10-2018)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam