Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #8681 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
science

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The topic isn't interesting or important enough to me to invest large amounts of time. That said, I'm not hiding under anything, especially a 3rd party. Which party would that be?

If any of my comments are most consistent, it would be the one saying we collectively don't have enough information and enough intelligence to interpret that information to know how "good" and how "bad" things will be. predicting seas will rise between 12" and 24" (made that up) in the next 100 years isn't a declaration of the goodness or badness of anything. Life expectancy will drop by x amount over y time is a declaration of the badness of something, and yet I don't see that model presented. If people aren't modeling that, then they either aren't taking the "problem" seriously, or they are ignorant (my assumption).

The reiteration of "science knows everything, and you don't know science" is tiring. Science knows as close to nothing as one can come without actually knowing nothing, and I am skeptical of the implications of that tiny amount.
If you truly feel that way,then I invite you to strip naked,and wander into the woods to make your way.You should be permanently marked,such that no one would provide you with anything,for the duration of your life,which was derived even remotely from science.You'll love the stone age.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-17-2020, 04:29 PM   #8682 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
If you truly feel that way,then I invite you to strip naked,and wander into the woods to make your way.If you truly feel that way,then I invite you to strip naked,and wander into the woods to make your way.
Harsh. Tim Pool's standard is if he's not naked and bleeding in the jungle, he's above baseline.
Quote:
You should be permanently marked,such that no one would provide you with anything,for the duration of your life,which was derived even remotely from science.You'll love the stone age.You should be permanently marked,such that no one would provide you with anything,for the duration of your life,which was derived even remotely from science.You'll love the stone age.
Marked for taking your suggestion, or what?

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #8683 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tesla's wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It's all one thing we tease apart to understand.

I guess Dunning-Krueger cuts both ways. You wouldn't want to look at Eric P. Dollard - Official Homepage - The only man who has replicated Tesla's wireless transmission technology., would you?.

Spare me.
If you can explain,in your own words how that would tie into climate science that would be a start.
Tesla never had wireless transmission technology.He kept borrowing money on technology claims he would ultimately fail to realize.Replicating a failed technology would be nothing but folly?No? Or am I to be wowed by someone associated with the great Tesla,the enigmatic man of mystery,surrounded by a cult following,wrapped in legend and mythology.Who's inventions were so astounding that his New York apartment was ransacked,and the world-saving secrets spririted away to God knows where,locked away for ever from the reach of the common man,along with 200-mpg Fish carburetors, and friction-less bearings.Oh,the horribleness of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2020, 04:49 PM   #8684 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

marked

Quote:
Harsh. Tim Pool's standard is if he's not naked and bleeding in the jungle, he's above baseline.

Marked for taking your suggestion, or what?
Marked for the sin of laying with another man. A Janus. Two-faced. Forked-tongue.Made of clay.
I'll take the safe drinking water,safe food,safe drugs,licensed doctors,dentists,ASTM,synthetics,energy,transporta tion,extraction,processing,manufacturing,distribut ion,retail sales,weather forecast,tsunami warning,communications,........................... ........ and piss on every scientist ever involved in the evolution of any of it.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #8685 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
If you can explain,in your own words how that would tie into climate science that would be a start.
How many words am I alloted? Alot?

Dollard was a red herring. I'm skeptical of his earthquake work. I think his History and Theory of Electricity is required viewing. At least the history part (TLDR; Steinmetz explained Maxwell).

Have a look at Statistics – Quake Watch

I forget which thread this should be in:

Gravitricity - fast, long-life energy storage
versus
Gravity Batteries - Cheap, Easy, Robust And Awesome For Off Grid

edit:
Quote:
Marked for the sin of laying with another man. A Janus. Two-faced. Forked-tongue.Made of clay.
Yikes: The most baseless criticism of redpoint5 yet. You might want to retract and apologize. I've met his wife.

aerohead (04-17-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 05:31 PM   #8686 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

quakes/electrons/hypocrisy

Quote:
How many words am I alloted? Alot?

Dollard was a red herring. I'm skeptical of his earthquake work. I think his History and Theory of Electricity is required viewing. At least the history part (TLDR; Steinmetz explained Maxwell).

Have a look at Statistics – Quake Watch

I forget which thread this should be in:

Gravitricity - fast, long-life energy storage
versus
Gravity Batteries - Cheap, Easy, Robust And Awesome For Off Grid

edit:

Yikes: The most baseless criticism of redpoint5 yet. You might want to retract and apologize. I've met his wife.
I don't know how we jumped to quakewatch.Did they predict the quakes? Do they receive data from the world seismological network? Are they instrumenting the volcanoes and faults? And the climate tie in?
Tesla fell off the Earth?I thought we were discussing something I've made an art form out of disrespecting?
As to baseless criticism,I'm just illustrating citations,made throughout written literature,addressing hypocrisy,including scripture.I'll make no apology.It's Redpoint who needs to be doing the apologizing.You cannot go to bed at night,in good health,as a consequence of scientific living,then rise from the same bed in the morning spewing vitriol at the scientific community which provided your good health, and not come off as anything but a hypocrite.I'm not a religious person,and certainly not a Christian,however I've read three Bibles and I've flagged many quotes from the New Testament,and my paraphrasing of Jesus,I believe resonates well with the verbatim.And it has nothing to do with homosexuality,if that's what's upsetting you.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #8687 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Well I can respect the position of being unapologetic and never expect to be apologized to. I'm stingy with my apologies because it's only ever warranted if behaving in bad faith, or when there's evidence that an outcome was worse than intended AND is sincere.

My intention is always to bring discomfort to those who hold ideas so dearly that mere skepticism evokes contempt. Well executed trolling should evoke discomfort.

Science didn't give me anything. The universe operates in a way that transcends science. Science is a methodology of making predictions with increasing certainty. I value the scientific method, but it isn't sufficient. Certainly it's incapable of defining value.

Clearly I have respect for scientific methods despite the extremely limited way in which we implement it, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned that a good proxy for determining overall human health would be to examine the trend of life expectancy... I guess I should go wander off into the forest and trend life expectancy in the nude. Perhaps I'd discover both enlightenment and the trajectory of human well-being.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-17-2020 at 06:30 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-22-2020)
Old 04-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #8688 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I don't know how we jumped to quakewatch.Did they predict the quakes? Do they receive data from the world seismological network? Are they instrumenting the volcanoes and faults? And the climate tie in?
You quoted the graphic that shows 16 out of 19 predicted successfully.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_warning_system
Quote:
An earthquake warning system or earthquake early warning system is a system of accelerometers, seismometers, communication, computers, and alarms that is devised for notifying adjoining regions of a substantial earthquake while it is in progress. This is not the same as earthquake prediction, which is currently incapable of producing decisive event warnings.
Contents

1 Time lag and wave projection
2 Transit safety
3 Deployment
4 See also
5 References
6 External links
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-56599-1#Sec5
Quote:
Abstract

The study of the preparation phase of large earthquakes is essential to understand the physical processes involved, and potentially useful also to develop a future reliable short-term warning system. Here we analyse electron density and magnetic field data measured by Swarm three-satellite constellation for 4.7 years, to look for possible in-situ ionospheric precursors of large earthquakes to study the interactions between the lithosphere and the above atmosphere and ionosphere, in what is called the Lithosphere-Atmosphere-Ionosphere Coupling (LAIC). We define these anomalies statistically in the whole space-time interval of interest and use a Worldwide Statistical Correlation (WSC) analysis through a superposed epoch approach to study the possible relation with the earthquakes. We find some clear concentrations of electron density and magnetic anomalies from more than two months to some days before the earthquake occurrences. Such anomaly clustering is, in general, statistically significant with respect to homogeneous random simulations, supporting a LAIC during the preparation phase of earthquakes.
https://www.scidev.net/global/earth-...rthquakes.html
Quote:
[BEIJING] China will start building a test satellite later this month (April) to detect electromagnetic anomalies in the atmosphere, as part of the country's proposed earthquake monitoring network, and hopes to launch it in 2014.

The China Seismo-Electromagnetic Satellite (CSES) has been in development since 2003 and is the first spaced-based component of the network. Its data will be correlated with data from ground-based monitoring systems.

The network is eventually intended to provide advance warning of earthquakes, such as the one off the coast of Japan last month (11 March).

Strong seismic activity often causes electromagnetic anomalies in the Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field, aiding the monitoring and prediction of earthquakes, studies suggest.

Shen Xuhui, a senior researcher at the Institute of Earthquake Science, China Earthquake Administration (CEA), and leader of the CSES working group, said the satellite will eventually be connected to a larger observation system. China hopes to launch another two satellites by 2017 and begin predicting earthquakes from 2020.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/02/0...er-satellites/
Quote:
A Chinese Long March 2D rocket successfully delivered seven satellites into a 300-mile-high (500-kilometer) orbit Friday, boosting international missions to measure seismic signals that could help predict future earthquakes, take detailed imagery of planet Earth and test compact camera, propulsion and radio technology.

The main payload carried aboard the two-stage Long March 2D rocket was Zhangheng 1, a Chinese-built satellite designed to sense precursor signals emitted before earthquakes, research that could eventually lead to quake predictions.

Nine scientific instruments aboard the 1,600-pound (730-kilogram) Zhangheng 1 spacecraft will measure Earth’s magnetic field, plasma and other particles to search for disturbances triggered in the early stages of underground seismic events.

Also known as the China Seismo-Electromagnetic Satellite, or CSES, the mission was developed in partnership between Chinese and Italian scientists from the China Earthquake Administration and the Italian Institute for Nuclear Physics.
Then there're all those cell phones with accelerometers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG
Scientists develop new app that uses your cellphone to ... https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...212-story.html
Feb 12, 2016The MyShake earthquake app uses cellphones to detect earthquakes as soon as they start. Scientists hope that by turning mobile phones into vast data collection points, they can quickly glean ...

Your Cell Phone Could Soon Become Part of a Massive ... https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...tem-152877868/
Smart News Keeping you current Your Cell Phone Could Soon Become Part of a Massive Earthquake Detection System In the future, your cell phone's accelerometer could help detect earthquakes

'MyShake' App Turns Your Smartphone into Earthquake Detector https://www.livescience.com/53703-ea...p-myshake.html
A network detection algorithm is activated by incoming data from multiple phones in the same area, to "declare" an earthquake, identify its location and estimate its magnitude, Allen said."]Scientists develop new app that uses your cellphone to ... https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...212-story.html Feb 12, 2016The MyShake earthquake app uses cellphones to detect earthquakes as soon as they start. Scientists hope that by turning mobile phones into vast data collection points, they can quickly glean ...

aerohead (04-22-2020)
Old 04-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #8689 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
And it's people like aero head are precisely why I am not a believer. In 2006 I was ready to believe, I wanted to believe.
Then I asked a question and instead of of getting an answer I was attacked.
Guess I got the answer that mattered.
You can't be a believer if you question anything. That's not science. That's religion.

The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-22-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #8690 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

CLIMATE CHANGE The Facts,tonight on PBS TV

David Attenborough hosts a 1-hour program on climate change tonight on PBS Television.For those who can receive it,it will be the first for 2020.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (04-22-2020)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam