Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2021, 01:07 PM   #111 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
micronova

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The micronova ejecta might follow a spherical path. S0 has reported recently on a 'kilo-nova' observed, that likely destroyed the star, but surely any planets it may have had. Our Sun has instead, recurrent micro-novae.

Entry wound of a fulgurite.

What's new lately with lightning is that the once rare ground-to-sky bolts are becoming more common. The Earth's magnetic field is all twisted.
I couldn't find an official confirmation as to the existence of anything referred to as a 'micronova' for a 'Sun'-class star.In 24-hours of a Great Courses lecture series there was no mention of such a thing which could exist within our solar system.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-18-2021, 01:22 PM   #112 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

all twisted

Quote:
The micronova ejecta might follow a spherical path. S0 has reported recently on a 'kilo-nova' observed, that likely destroyed the star, but surely any planets it may have had. Our Sun has instead, recurrent micro-novae.

Entry wound of a fulgurite.

What's new lately with lightning is that the once rare ground-to-sky bolts are becoming more common. The Earth's magnetic field is all twisted.
I don't think there's any reason for concern. Paleontologists have found no evidence suggesting that life on Earth has ever been affected by magnetic anomalies, including complete polarity reversals.
Arctic bush pilots can have their radio and GPS garbled for a short time, but it all recovers. They resort to more primitive navigational tools for the duration.
Carrington events can't be predicted. Due to the necessity of redundant, 'Russian-egg' Faraday-shield EMP isolation requirements, even preppers can't really engineer their electronics to survive one, while still allowing any meaningful access to equipment.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:42 PM   #113 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

12-thousand year cycle

Quote:
The premise under consideration is a 12K-year cycle. Humankind has been extant for 1-200,000 years give or take. Do the math. DNA evidence suggests that there has been at least one culling that reduced the population to tens of thousands.

There exists ample evidence of an antediluvian culture that could polish granite to optical clarity and throw up vast polygonal walls. Humankind persists, whole cultures are swept away.

Mars isn't the answer but Phobos might be.
Between dendrochronologists, glaciologists, sedimentologists, microbiologists, etc., we'd already have enough records to examine for mass-spatial evidence of this cause and effect. It would leave a host of proxy data which are recognized to be unimpeachable, resonating in tight causal coupling to such temporal phenomena.
Climate change is on track to cull billions.
With respect to technology, there's no telling what other wonders may have existed, had not certain churches destroyed it all to cover up the accomplishments of heathens, in order to maintain the mythology of supremacy and maintain state hegemony.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:49 PM   #114 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ancient people

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
So it's just a coincidence that all ancient people believe that a blacking sun means the end of the world?
They were fearful, ignorant, superstitious, and afraid of going to the promised land.
When 'science' finally emerged, with rational explanations for aerial phenomena, these same sorts of people burnt the scientists at the stake.
One was hated so much by the church, that his corpse was exhumed so it could be burned posthumously.
Same as today.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #115 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

100 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
No one is saying it happened for 100 days on our star.
I may have misunderstood #98 (permalink) , thinking that the 100-days had context with respect to our Sun, hence the apprehension for our solar system.
freebeard (06-18-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #116 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
I couldn't find an official confirmation as to the existence of anything referred to as a 'micronova' for a 'Sun'-class star.
For certain values of 'official confirmation'.
Quote:
It would leave a host of proxy data which are recognized to be unimpeachable, resonating in tight causal coupling to such temporal phenomena.
7 hours ago: Micronova Stories Update, Primordial Magnetism | S0 News Jun.18.2021 -- aerohead, this has a good summary of the field and a rebuttal to the micronova critics. I suggest it to you.

Wherein is recommended:

Climate Change, like monetary inflation, is 'small potaters'.

Old 06-18-2021, 04:10 PM   #117 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Suspicious Observer

I looked at Ben Davidson years ago and regretted p---ing away my valuable time.
I know he's popular, but I consider him a crank.
He doesn't score a mention with reputable physicists, as they wouldn't waste the time either.
I recommend that he be followed up on for all predictions, then, when a failure arises, that he go away. Forcibly if necessary.
I have dozens of sources of REAL scientists that follow this stuff for a living.
Facts probably aren't as sexy as SO, but I'll take a bland diet of fact over a overstimulated imagination and zero peer review.
There couldn't be a worse time for sowing false catastrophes when we have the biggest real one staring at us down the barrel of a smokestack or tailpipe.
Xist (06-19-2021)
Old 06-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #118 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:

I have dozens of sources of REAL scientists that follow this stuff for a living.

>

Woke means you're a loser....everything woke turns to ****.

Donald J Trump 8/21/21

Disclaimer...

I’m not a climatologist, aerodynamicist, virologist, physicist, astrodynamicist or marine biologist..

But...

I play one on the internet.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:17 PM   #119 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I may have misunderstood #98 (permalink) , thinking that the 100-days had context with respect to our Sun, hence the apprehension for our solar system.
It was a different star, different star cluster and it didn't go black.
Also Beetlejuice, the huge star 600 light years away dramatically dimmed and came back no reasonable scientific explanations yet as to how why.
Astronomers are in a corner rocking back and forth repeating "it's not possible".
Eventually the shock will wear off and back to doing science, like hard science.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:03 AM   #120 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Astronomers are in a corner rocking back and forth repeating "it's not possible".
Heh. Happens a lot. Phobos awaits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
I recommend that he be followed up on for all predictions, then, when a failure arises, that he go away. Forcibly if necessary.
Meanwhile, the Chinese put up a satellite to look at atmospheric electrical phenomenon (I forget) that he championed (earthquake prediction?), and the Dark Matter people are the ones who can't buy a clue.

Don't think they should be terminated with prejudice, though....