Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #341 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Stop lights that are automated to cycle on and off,even though no car trips them. It drives me mad to go threw those fuel eating lights.
We have 2 4-way stop signs in a row followed by that nasty traffic light that has me sitting waiting for the imaginary cars to flow past..
needless to say I take the longer low road home and keep my momentum going. Thats my daily annoyance .
The type of stop signs and traffic lights you describe were erected with the intent of slowing the pace of traffic. In other words, rather than demand the actual enforcement of the speed limit (which may be difficult to enforce) the mommies (it is usually that pressure group) complain to and petition the governmental powers that be that it would make the neighborhood safer if we make vehicular traffic stop on virtually every corner. And then there are those (other than the mommy constituents) who simply don't like having any vehicular traffic at all on their street, so they petition for the same.

Since politicians all too readily cave in to such demands, we now find a traffic control device on virtually every corner, quite literally in citified areas.

Some might like living in a controlled, heavily restricted environment. But let's not pretend this is being done for safety, and let's not pretend it is actually beneficial.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #342 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Drooling and antsy to start automotive trivia questions when it's not my turn yet!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #343 (permalink)
The PRC.

A client with a large number of PCs which have to use IP to connect to a server, decided to move the server.

And give it a new IP address.

And wonder why things don't seem to work like they did before...
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #344 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
A client with a large number of PCs which have to use IP to connect to a server, decided to move the server.

And give it a new IP address.
Hey, why not? Always good to do preventative maintenance, and replace things before they wear out - I bet the system runs a lot faster with that shiny new IP address, instead of the clunky old one that's probably all plugged up with dropped bits :-)

And I hope you bill by the hour.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #345 (permalink)
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
And I hope you bill by the hour.
Unfortunately they pay maintenance...

EDIT and as they are on two networks DNS doesn't work (I know it could but it is their network...)
Old 07-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #346 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Finally got to the end of this list I actually got a good nights sleep while reading it. So nice to see that I am not the only one with things that Pxxs me off daily. I am staying with my son as my house has a leak situation I can't afford to fix and to go feed my cats and retrieve my mail I have to drive south on 71 hiway from Grandview. The road goes from 3 lanes to 2 and has for 20+ years but the asshxxxs run down the lane tht ends and forces the traffic to STOP and let them in, except for me. When it's my turn the other jerk can hit the wall for all I care I don't have to yield. I have run 2 cars off the road upholding my right to drive in MY lane in other places and this OLD, Disgusted driver has had almost enough to go postal, and don't start me on the post office. BTW have been a widower for 2 years and all I get are offers from Firestone(Bridgestone) for tires. Give me the dating offers.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #347 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

It is a VERY log List to read through, Old Redneck! As far as dates go; maybe you should change your handle if that reps your personality!
Don't diss yourself, and think young.
An ex neighbor of mine is pretty proud that he's about 59, and his wife is about 27 now!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 AM   #348 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I'm not interested in a new young wife, barely survived the one I had for 42 years that had the heart attack 2 years ago. Wouldn't mind meeting a mature lady to go out with though, and I am pretty personable if I do say so myself. like the pro bass fishermen say I'm now into catch and release. I can be irritated as the guy on gout/arthritis thread found out while ago.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #349 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

BTW I am 63 next month and not too worn out looking though the cancer therapy took most all my hair
Old 07-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #350 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Ha Ha- Ecomodder Personals???

I've spoken with girls about fuel logging, forums about gas saving, etc.- needless to say it is a 99.9% male-dominated activity. One girl asked me if she could catch hot nerdy engineer-type guys if she graphed out her fuel logs... I said if I tried to impress girls with fuel logs it would be a FAIL, but if she tried to impress guys with fuel logs it just might work, as we tend to enjoy geeking out on such things!

Reply  Post New Thread