Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #81 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

So is this guy from ecomodder using it?

60 mpg + in a Geo Metro XFI

I sure wished I had the funds to experiment with this stuff as I also find it fascinating!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #82 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

All excellent questions. nanodiamonds confirmed by Raman and TEM w/xray diffraction and spherical confirmed with SEM at 100,000 power. Diamond reconfirmed with NMR, however much of the testing is covered within the patent application and will not be released until published.

As seen on my ebay offerings, the oil is amber just like it is out of the bottle. I do not have fullerenes, I have spherical Nanodiamond.

They are not made from diamond dust, but they are extremely difficult to create.

The COF has been verified at .0008 by a Japanese bearing company. Teflon COF is .04 which explains why my product works so good on the sliding surfaces of a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
I'm puzzled with the perfectly round claim.
How can a small diamond be even an approximation of a sphere?
It is the strongest crystal structure possible.
It is stronger in some directions than in others; it is bound to have crystalline edges.
To craft those into small near-perfect spheres would be very hard to do.

There is however one structure on a nanoscale that resembles a sphere very well: Fullerene, the 60 carbon atomed buckyball molecule.
Although the Wikipedia article only refers to lubrication as a side note, it is not hard to see how that round and flexible nanostructure could help in reducing friction.
If by chance the microwave process you use to produce the 'nanodiamonds' does really create buckyballs then I can believe it does actually work as a lubricant.

One simple test should reveal whether that is the case or not.
Fullerene in oil has a purple haze.
So, Mr. Arnold, what colour does your oil have?

Old 12-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #83 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Nameless - '06 GMC Canyon
90 day: 37.45 mpg (US)

22 Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XL
90 day: 41.9 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLube View Post
The Patent application was asked for and I said no. I also said publication has been “intentionally delayed” but some people are illiterate.

Chris Arnold
More hogwash. All patent applications are reviewed by the Patent Office in the order received. After review, the patent examiner sends a letter to the inventor. Typically, that letter is a rejection and lists the reasons why. The inventor then has a defined time to respond. The inventor responds with reasons why the rejection was wrong, or changes the application to make it align with the objections. This process repeats until the patent is granted or the inventor gives up. If the inventor does not respond in time, the patent application is rejected permanently.

There is no process for intentionally delaying a patent application publication. It's published 18 months after the initial application. No exceptions. The full official details are on the US Patent Office website at United States Patent and Trademark Office.

The sad thing about this whole thread is that there exists actual data on the benefits of nano diamond additives. Unfortunately, the DiamondLube website looks more like the website of a quack selling snake oil. Hence the negative reactions.
06 Canyon: The vacuum gauge plus wheel covers helped increase summer 2015 mileage to 38.5 MPG, while summer 2016 mileage was 38.6 MPG without the wheel covers. Drove 33,021 miles 2016-2018 at 35.00 MPG.

22 Maverick: Summer 2022 burned 62.74 gallons in 3145.1 miles for 50.1 MPG. Winter 2023-2024 - 2416.7 miles, 58.66 gallons for 41 MPG.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #84 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Lubrication 101

Someone here earlier brought up a good point regarding the film thickness and the shear drag that a hydrostatically lubricated oil system exhibits.

Basic lubrication says you have oil stuck to one metal surface like a journal bearing, and then stuck on the corresponding surface like the crank. Those atoms stuck on the surface (Gold) do not move, and the fluid rides on itself thus giving you a relatively low friction system wherein the shear of the fluid is the only resistance.

Now these nano diamond particles very small by definition, so how do they help here? Because if they're stuck to the metal, there is still a layer of oil film (Yellow), presumably many times thicker still, creating the same amount of oil film drag. If the nano particles are riding along in suspension with the film layer, they aren't helping either.

Where exactly is the friction reduced in the oil film system here?

Or is that a trade secret?

I'm guessing most folks don't understand these basic principles, so when someone comes along and says they know a way to improve it, most people are like, "All right then". Even though they didn't really know anything to begin with.

The problem with a con man coming here to this forum trying to baffle with BS is we're generally more educated than the average person, and tend to see why it is that something is bogus to begin with based on plain facts.

Now, for a gun, I can see where this would work great as advertised and have No Issue whassoever with the claims made. DiamondLube makes perfect sense for a "dry lube" type thing. Good for you. Stick with that.

Fish swim, birds fly. Same sorta, but different.

Car engines are not dry lubed, guns don't have oil pumps.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #85 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

YES HE IS USING DIAMONDLUBE, AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE FRIGGIN PAYMENT. He is why I don't do, I'LL pay you double for a free treatment today.

I advised him to use ATM (ATF, not ATM) in the manual trans as the coating protects the gears, however he did so many changes at one time nothing could be verified for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMS View Post
60 mpg + in a Geo Metro XFI

I sure wished I had the funds to experiment with this stuff as I also find it fascinating!

Last edited by DiamondLube; 12-27-2013 at 07:01 AM..

Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #86 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
thing is, the top 30 metros get over 54mpg.
EcoModder Fleet list - EcoModder.com

if he was getting a fairly easily attainable 60mpg, and added whatsit that adds 30% mpg, he should be near 80mpg now. Maybe he needs diamondlube paint

Old 12-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #87 (permalink)
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
It's like the movie flubber when robin Williams puts the flubber on the basketball players shoes and they can jump across the court haha

Old 12-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #88 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Should we then assume HE lied about the baseline, because the manufacturer never lies.

I looked at the list and see the EPA rating is about 40 MPG, so the question is what mods were done and those on the list most likely drive with MPG in mind.

Anyone can increase their MPG by changing driving habits, however that is why they are called habits as people seldom change anything they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
thing is, the top 30 metros get over 54mpg.
EcoModder Fleet list - EcoModder.com

if he was getting a fairly easily attainable 60mpg, and added whatsit that adds 30% mpg, he should be near 80mpg now. Maybe he needs diamondlube paint

Last edited by DiamondLube; 12-27-2013 at 07:11 AM..

Old 12-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #89 (permalink)
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
Diamondlube- I'm assuming you run this in your personal vehicle. If you can get your hands on a vehicle that doesn't have it and do extensive AB testing to actually prove those large 15-35% or whatever increases then it might spark something. That's such a large claim it should show night and day in a fuel log. It would be like takin your vehicles drag coefficient from .35 to .2 or maybe even lower.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #90 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

You are assuming that the oil will always be Stuck to the metal providing a protective barrier - then why the need for an oil filter? Why does everybody's engine, transmission and differentials wear out over time if oil works so good? Point is oil itself does not work that good, but before I came out with this diamond coating there just were not that many options.

If a diamond coating cannot work, how is it that the engine noise drops and power increases on every engine I treat including the 4 stroke bike engine on the Dyno on my webpage? Every engine treated does the same thing, including the Harley Davidson test at Wild Fire HD in Villa Park, IL. Engine Noise dropped over 50%, and that should mean something, but the bike revved 30% quicker too, and it doesn't conform to current scientific theory, but it means something to racing people like the guys car on my webpage.

The engine in that car is designed to shift at 5500 RPM, but after treatment he was surprised he hit 6000 before shifting, and later ran it out to 6500, and then passing on the straightaway went smoothly and very quickly to 7000 RPM. Superior lubrication of the rings and cylinders is the primary Key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
Someone here earlier brought up a good point regarding the film thickness and the shear drag that a hydrostatically lubricated oil system exhibits.

Basic lubrication says you have oil stuck to one metal surface like a journal bearing, and then stuck on the corresponding surface like the crank. Those atoms stuck on the surface (Gold) do not move, and the fluid rides on itself thus giving you a relatively low friction system wherein the shear of the fluid is the only resistance.

Now these nano diamond particles very small by definition, so how do they help here? Because if they're stuck to the metal, there is still a layer of oil film (Yellow), presumably many times thicker still, creating the same amount of oil film drag. If the nano particles are riding along in suspension with the film layer, they aren't helping either.

Where exactly is the friction reduced in the oil film system here?

Or is that a trade secret?

I'm guessing most folks don't understand these basic principles, so when someone comes along and says they know a way to improve it, most people are like, "All right then". Even though they didn't really know anything to begin with.

The problem with a con man coming here to this forum trying to baffle with BS is we're generally more educated than the average person, and tend to see why it is that something is bogus to begin with based on plain facts.

Now, for a gun, I can see where this would work great as advertised and have No Issue whassoever with the claims made. DiamondLube makes perfect sense for a "dry lube" type thing. Good for you. Stick with that.

Fish swim, birds fly. Same sorta, but different.

Car engines are not dry lubed, guns don't have oil pumps.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread