Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2016, 12:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Half the time it's always the coast up to the stop light for the last 40m so you don't just sit their like an idiot wasting gas and momentum, then all of suburbia honks at you and goes around to speed up and sit at the light. Like derp. What's that about? Hurrying to rest your leg at the light? Then maybe a couple seconds later I coast through the light and pass the people who passed me. Losing hope in humanity slowly...

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-25-2016, 02:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessjoe View Post
i drive at the speed limit on single lane roads..... anything more then one lane you can pass mel
Have to admit, though, that I get pretty annoyed at the people who drive slow on our 2-lane mountain roads, yet completely ignore the big signs saying "Slow traffic must use turnouts". I'm not the fastest vehicle out there these days (mostly 'cause the dogs don't like high-G turns), but I can read :-)
Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

rice rocket - '97 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 32.61 mpg (US)
Consistency is key. When people act like they are in a hurry around me and putting more wear on their car I just kind of laugh. Then I pass them when the light goes green again and they are stuck behind a line of traffic.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
The ones rushing to the red light want to get there sooner so they can text better. If it were, however incorrectly, about getting somewhere, I wouldn't be able to crank my engine after the light turns green and still somehow beat them off the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (10-09-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 12:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Primer is still paint!

85 Chevy Pickup C10 - '85 Chevy C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessjoe View Post
Do people ever get really pissed off at your Eco driving??
I just set my cruise control and go. I do 60 in a 60, 30 in a 30, 65 in a 70, etc.
Most of the time I'm pissed because others are going slower than me!

-lol
Old 06-26-2016, 12:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I do not think that text messages have anything to do with it, because they never put their phones down. They speed to get their faster. They stop because the light is red. They never think about how long they spend at the red light or even how many lights they hit. The greater their hurry, the faster they drive. From time to time, they will hit a green (or yellow) light they would have missed, but mostly they just spend longer and longer stopped.

They just never think about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
MobilOne (08-11-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I do not think that text messages have anything to do with it, because they never put their phones down.
To be fair, I don't think you can really blame this behavior on cell phones, because (at least as I remember) it was about as common before there even were cell phones.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Too many cars

CRXFi - '88 Honda CRX XFi

Insight 256 - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights

Insight 5342 (no IMA) - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 66.3 mpg (US)
I had another pissed driver experience. I was waiting in line to enter a State Park. Gotta pay $8 at the booth. About 10 cars in line. I would wait until there was a couple of car lengths in front of me before restarting and moving forward. Car behind me beeped. Then the next time I let a gap build, they tried to go around me. I had to move over to block them! I don't think they know how lines work. I'm not sure they understand time or space either. Only one car can be at the booth.
2006 Honda Insight (parts car)
1988 Honda CRXFi
1994 Geo Metro

Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Yeah I love my phone and what not, but I at least put it down when outside conditions change (tail gater, people in the lane beside me, stop light turns green, etc...). For the most part I only use it when I just have to. For the last month and a half I've filled out about 150 pages of personal info and been talking back and forth with the bank to buy a house. Good lord they want info on everything I own and every single piece of info about me in triplicate from me, the place where it comes from, and forms from the government. Count yourself lucky if you bought your house pre 2007. Basically if I miss a payment they take everything I own.
Even stranger part is my co-signer has perfect credit and enough money in that bank to buy the house a couple times over...
Old 06-29-2016, 05:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
To be fair, I don't think you can really blame this behavior on cell phones, because (at least as I remember) it was about as common before there even were cell phones.
However before 2008 or so I remember people being capable of turning their steering wheel and passing me on a 4 lane road when the other lane is empty, since everyone discovered cell phones up here in the sticks, around that time it seems like people get mad at my driving the minimum on a 4-6 lane road without any traffic as they sit behind me for no reason.

I never recall having a problem with people almost ramming me before 2008, had one lady fishtail her boxlike vehicle behind me going 90 as I was flashing the 4ways with it to the floor on a 4 lane highway. She almost contacted me despite her slamming on the brakes while I had my car buried in the floorboards for what seemed like eons.
I saw her from a long way coming and figured she would simply turn into the other lane, once that seemed likely incorrect, stomped on it but her sheer speed was impossible to match as I rounded over 80 with her still coming fast.

I watch whats going on behind me more than in front of me now days since people seem to just lock the wheel and pedal and block the front window, figuring there isn't anything in front of them to be mindfull of for minutes at a time.

Reply  Post New Thread