Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
EcoModding? In my dreams!!

Has anyone had ecomodding (or ecomodder) oriented dreams?

I would think that, with all the time I spend under or around the car, and all the time I spend reading and wondering about possible mods, I should dream about coasting for ages, or not being able to bump start, or whatever. But no, I haven't had any ecomodding dreams that I can remember, until very recently.

Two nights ago I dreamed that my car lost its front bellypan. This was part of larger dream, which was otherwise unrelated. The funny thing is that recently I haven't been thinking about bellypans, so this sort of sprung up from nowhere.

But last night was 100% EM: I dreamed that there was an EcoModder meet-up, somewhere in mid-USA (Wisconsin?). Of course, as in any dream, things were totally screwed up, like my station wagon was a convertable, MetroMPG was very young (teenager) and drove a white car, Daox drove a boattailed white Del Sol, etc. Lots of people which I didn't even know getting ready for the evening BBQ A part of the meet was a 'race' - driving along a certain route trying to get the best FE. So everybody is getting ready, fooling aroung with their cars, etc., when suddenly there is a loud beeping noise. Everyone stops and looks up, and only after 5-6 beeps do I realise that it's our alarm clock! That's when I woke up, laughing.
Not the first time that an alarm clock influenced a dream, I guess my mind prefers to pretend it's part of the dream than to wake up.

So does anyone else remember their ecomodding related dreams?

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
vtec-e (03-02-2010)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Only times I can remember any of my dreams is if some external thing wakes me up, or some really awful traumatic thing is going on in the dream. Otherwise, nothing. I get the feeling I wish I could remember more of them.

I dream a lot about the custom vehicles I'd like to build... but I'm awake during those.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

De Yaris - '04 toyota yaris T2
90 day: 69.55 mpg (US)
I can imagine a gigantic alarm clock shaped spaceship coming in over the horizon as you all look up in amazement! Very funny!
I've had no EM related dreams that i can remember but i do remember one where i was hanging from an aztec pyramid, trying to hide from a sniper in the heavily forested hills. But he got me in the shoulder and i woke up from the pain of it. My shoulder was sore for a while afterwards!
Or another where a rollercoaster was coming off the tracks and i almost jumped out of the bed with fright. Herself was less than impressed at getting a dig in the ribs for no apparent reason..... I tried explaining but....

ollie
Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec-e View Post
But he got me in the shoulder and i woke up from the pain of it. My shoulder was sore for a while afterwards!
There was a Star Trek TNG episode where crew members were being abducted in their sleep by creatures from another dimension, who performed medical experiments on them. They had no memories of it, only microscopic scars and fatigue from lack of sleep. Ollie, do you feel as if you're not getting enough sleep lately?

Quote:
Herself was less than impressed at getting a dig in the ribs for no apparent reason..... I tried explaining but....
Yeah, Significant Others and elbows don't seem to match. It's like an unsuccessful triangle: one doesn't want the other in bed, and vice versa

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
...beats walking...

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,126 Posts
...I've kept a notebook and pencil on the night stand adjacent my bed, so that if & when it occurs, that I have a worthy black-n-white dream of something worth remembering, I can 'attempt' to write it down.

...started this 'way back when I was working on articles and books for publication.

...you'd be surprised at how much "thinking" your sleeping mind does!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

De Yaris - '04 toyota yaris T2
90 day: 69.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Ollie, do you feel as if you're not getting enough sleep lately?
I work nights and have kids so my answer would have to be "no"
In fact, i would attrbute my lack of dreams to not getting a full sleep. I do occasionally get a good nights sleep and i dream accordingly. But they are few and far between.
I recall someone saying to sleep in line with some body cycle or other. I think it was 80 or 90 minutes or something like that. The idea being that you would set your alarm for when an even number of those cycles passes. It is said that you will be much fresher upon waking than if you woke up in the middle of said cycle. Anyone?

ollie
Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Geo - '93 Geo Metro
Team Metro
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
Quote:
I work nights and have kids so my answer would have to be "no"
In fact, i would attrbute my lack of dreams to not getting a full sleep. I do occasionally get a good nights sleep and i dream accordingly. But they are few and far between.
I recall someone saying to sleep in line with some body cycle or other. I think it was 80 or 90 minutes or something like that. The idea being that you would set your alarm for when an even number of those cycles passes. It is said that you will be much fresher upon waking than if you woke up in the middle of said cycle. Anyone?

ollie
Yes, I believe it's 90 minutes. So, you go to sleep at 22:00, and 9 hours (6 cycles) later you wake up at 07:00. You're supposed to try times (earlier and later) during that hour and see when your actual time is.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I haven't had an ecomodding related dream yet.
How long before those symptoms occur?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
If I dream at all... They're "nightmares".

I put it in quotes because they don't scare me, or wake me up, or anything. They're just unpleasant.

I'm the only person I know that can honestly say I've seen myself die in a dream. It wasn't a traumatic experience, at all.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Honda Ecomodder

The Civic - '98 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 41.59 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
If I dream at all... They're "nightmares".
It's like the Yaris commercial where the evil gas pump comes in the scene! hahahaha

Reply  Post New Thread