Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

A feminist comes to terms with the Men's Rights movement

At least one, at least one feminst, oppened the eyes :

But why so many took the mass riot and forgot about the other side, that man also suffer in the world ?
Why people arte so selfish to only think about what it's similar, and don't make any effort to put themselves in the place of other kinds of people ?

Maybe because power corrupts... In the same way it corrupted man during old times fashion, it now corrupts women.

The flag syndrome... she felt it herself when her documentary was released, since instead of debate with reason, people just attacked her.
THAT'S WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY : People became fuc...king politics, politic tools. It's just a banch of monkeys (no race issue here) acting like crazy in a footaball/soccer game stadium.

Now Facebook, Youtube, and other media that offers buble syndrome (people connect with just who think like them) things got worse.

Reason it's in serious extinction process, in serious danger. Media managed people to became this desgrace, puppets, tools, political flags.

In the end people, overal society, get poorer, the richs of industry and media get richer, overal people get unhappy, mentally disrupted, etc...

Last edited by All Darc; 04-24-2018 at 10:03 PM..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
I don't know how it is in other countries, but in the US, there is a growing culture of victimhood being a virtue. Those who are identified as belonging to the most oppressed groups are viewed as the most virtuous and credible individuals, ironically displaying extreme prejudice by those most loudly calling for the end of prejudice. There is a parallel habit of conjuring offense, because by being offended, we can claim victimhood status. Somehow the virtue of being slow to anger, and patient to listen has been replaced with quick to anger and unwillingness to listen.

Rather than treat people as individuals, we have categorized people into groups who are not allowed to have individual thoughts or expression, who are valued for their membership in the club rather than their unique thoughts and abilities.

I've always said I was a feminist, and that is because I am a humanist. Show me concrete examples of undue injustice and I'll take up the cause.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Daschicken (10-11-2018), Ecky (04-25-2018), Piwoslaw (02-09-2019), Xist (04-26-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I don't know how it is in other countries, but in the US, there is a growing culture of victimhood being a virtue.
Brazil media copy all the worst side of USA culture. From Big Brother to flag syndrome. I hope that the american people who drink coffe by their a...ss (like Gwyneth Paltrow), don't get large or became fashion, cause Brazil it's a huge producer of coffee.

Quote:
Somehow the virtue of being slow to anger, and patient to listen has been replaced with quick to anger and unwillingness to listen.
Great sentence. People are creating their own political party on social medias. Everyone complain about wars, but creates their own angry wars in disputes for likes, for views, for share videos etc...

Quote:
Rather than treat people as individuals, we have categorized people into groups who are not allowed to have individual thoughts or expression, who are valued for their membership in the club rather than their unique thoughts and abilities.

And who don't want to belong to silly groups are not well received, or get attacked by both sides, making this right decision not atractive.

Quote:
I've always said I was a feminist, and that is because I am a humanist. Show me concrete examples of undue injustice and I'll take up the cause.
If we talk about human rights, we are cinfused with people that only workship violent criminal rights, at least on Brazil it's this way.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-24-2018 at 03:38 PM..

Old 04-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
And who don't want to belong to silly groups are not well received, or get attacked by both sides, making this right decision not atractive.
I just like people in general, and have found redeeming qualities in nearly everyone. For this reason, I do not fit into a group who would be unkind towards another group. I've really never cared to be accepted by a group, but have always cared about individual interaction with people.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (04-25-2018), Fingie (04-25-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Growin a stash

Quote:
Somehow the virtue of being slow to anger, and patient to listen has been replaced with quick to anger and unwillingness to listen.
Maybe true on social media. Never will be true in face-to-face interactions, I think

2024 Chevy Bolt

Previous:
2015 Nissan Leaf S, 164 mpge

Old 04-24-2018, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Uhhnnn... It depends...

In a forum, like this, we have to listen (read to give a answer), and the fact it's not exactly real time (need to access) give people time to think and explain in details. In youtube or Facebook people are quicker, since it's videos or memes to cut off, change chanel, block etc...

In a live talk people get angry (specially in countries like mine) and don't let the other speak or at least interrupt, making difficilt to elaborate a sentence and use reason in well msnner.

The only very decent and advanced dialogues I had was on internet, with few people. In my city I found even many people who are teachers of universities to be stupidy, hypocrite, close minded, tight to traditions affecting thinking, pre-manufactured phylosophy, political or religious stuck, and cowards. They are not just that but they also strange who is not. It's a misery.

Facebook made a lot of people go away from web Foruns, and it was a loss.

Will the future be a anger web, with political flags puppets on war, or a faked politically correct masked society wishing each otehr approaval, like the series Black Mirror ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
Maybe true on social media. Never will be true in face-to-face interactions, I think

Last edited by All Darc; 04-24-2018 at 09:53 PM..

Old 04-24-2018, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Growin a stash

I'm not really sure what this thread is about but the gender pay gap, statistically, can be explained by factors other than discrimination.

The True Story of the Gender Pay Gap - Freakonomics Freakonomics

2024 Chevy Bolt

Previous:
2015 Nissan Leaf S, 164 mpge

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ME_Andy For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (04-24-2018), Xist (04-26-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Yeah, radical feminsts ignore hours, pregancy and maternity license, expertise...

But if you argue with them they will say this i man intolerance making women not desire go ahead, or man guilty for reject women in high positions. They always give a excuse pointing man guilty.

If you say nursery have less man and that physiotherapy have less man, they will say that's because man don't wan't. But they will blame man for there are less women on engineering.
They acuse man to don't handle babies well, but will say man can't take care of babies in case of a dispute for children.

like I said, it's a political flag war, and not a search for truth, justice and reason.
I hate sexist people, man or women. Most actual feminist get some sort of sexist (disguised) against man or even against some women.

There was a girl on school, who was against sexism, against unequality, but she said that women's money was just for her, and man's money was for the family (house, kids, wife). And she believed man must pay dinner. I bet she still talk about the pay gap .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Andy View Post
I'm not really sure what this thread is about but the gender pay gap, statistically, can be explained by factors other than discrimination.

The True Story of the Gender Pay Gap - Freakonomics Freakonomics

Last edited by All Darc; 02-19-2019 at 02:20 PM..

Old 04-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Even if there is a pay gap, it's probably explained by women generally avoiding conflict, and men generally being more accepting of conflict. My useless anecdote is my wife will sign any contract without haggling, or go along with any authority figure. I haggle contracts and question authority. Women tend to seek to be liked / loved, and men tend to seek to be respected. It's in a businesses best interest to pay the lowest amount to satisfy an employee, and it's in the employees interest to demand the highest pay the employer is willing to pay.

The Jordan Peterson / Cathy Newman "discussion" is closest to summarizing my thoughts on the subject. In short, the reason for pay differences are many, and discrimination could be a factor, but it isn't the primary factor, or sole factor.

Regarding face to face vs online interactions, there might be some truth to that. The more barriers to picking up social cues there are, the easier it is to imagine the worst about someone. It's very easy to get angry at a car that cuts you off on the road, but then again, there is a lot separating the 2 people. I doubt many people would run around me as I'm approaching a line and jump in right in front of me.

Then again, there is always this:

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-24-2018 at 10:22 PM..

Old 04-24-2018, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
There is no pay gap.

But there sure as hell is an efficiency/competency gap.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread