Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #251 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,575 Times in 7,061 Posts
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=paracas%20skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient-code.com
The cranium of the Paracas skulls are at least 25 % larger and up to 60% heavier than the skulls of regular human beings.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-21-2019, 10:54 AM   #252 (permalink)
Banned

Quite interesting data about USA killing gender comparison :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1635092

"- Although women comprise more than half the U.S. population, they committed only 14.7% of the homicides noted during the study interval.

-In contrast to men, who killed nonintimate acquaintances, strangers, or victims of undetermined relationship in 80% of cases, women killed their spouse, an intimate acquaintance, or a family member in 60% of cases. When men killed with a gun, they most commonly shot a stranger or a non-family acquaintance."

So... some people are right when they said women are creatures of family.

On Brazil we can't find statistic about comparison of rate of killing commited by women against husbands or boyfriends. Probably leftwing, who domains sociologism university here, forbidden that.

A rightwing crazy group on Brazil mixed data from a brazilian statistic about man killing women in relations, and mixed a foreigen statistic about rate of murder (in personal relations) between man and women, and "found" (made up) that women kills more husbands/boyfriends than man kills wifes/girfriends.

This shows how dishonest are both, left and right wings in this sick gender warfare.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #253 (permalink)
Banned

Do you remamber what I one said about robots (like Mechas in A.I Spielber's movie) in future would replace people in relations ?

Well, robots have their patience limits too:

https://youtu.be/Xwn3Vz2MKOA?list=PL...CTbIWq8wY&t=90

Old 01-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #254 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
(like Mechas in A.I Spielber's movie)
Spielber's an A.I.?

A better example might be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_Machina_(film)

Old 01-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #255 (permalink)
Banned

Come on man... Don't spoil the joke

The episode made reference to A.I and so I did too.

Despite on A.I most Mechas had not really self deep will or very advanced emotions.

Anyway nearly all androids ins Sci-Fi would be noticeable by a simple touch over their skin, since they had many things underneath the fake skin, and nopt tissues like muscles and fat, and usually a tin skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Spielber's an A.I.?

A better example might be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_Machina_(film)

Old 01-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #256 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Spielber's an A.I.?
I didn't intend to spoil the joke (which I guess went whoosh) with my own.

Have you seen Ex_Machina?

Old 01-23-2020, 04:36 PM   #257 (permalink)
Banned

I watched some minutes here and there. Dark and depressive as most movies today. Today movies are dark depressive, or stupid idoitic, or savage explosive ultra violence.

Do you forgot I quit to watch films after LCD/LEDs became nearly the only TV for sale?

I will never watch a entire film on a LCD/LED TV. I can't look to such garbage TVs screens more than some minutes.

Until this crap sh...t industry create something decent, worth to me look for, I let my moview entertainment in animated suspension.

I only watch short videos on PC LED screen. On PC, despite I also find disgusting to look, at least we look in a straight angle. But still have motion blur, washed color/contrast (or clipped & crushed contrast if we try to calibrate to remove the washed look).
I'm a adamantine LCD/LED hater !!!

Quote:
I didn't intend to spoil the joke (which I guess went whoosh) with my own.

Have you seen Ex_Machina?

Last edited by All Darc; 01-23-2020 at 04:44 PM..

Old 01-23-2020, 05:24 PM   #258 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I wasn't trying to push that button. I'd assume you attend movie theaters. Reminding me isn't going to help. Perhaps this will: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_Machina_(film)#Plot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia via Mac OS Summarize @ 33%/paragraphs
Programmer Caleb Smith, who works for the dominant search engine company Blue Book, wins an office contest for a one-week visit to the luxurious, isolated home of the CEO, Nathan Bateman. Nathan lives alone apart from a servant named Kyoko, who according to Nathan does not speak English. After an awkward introduction, Nathan reveals to Caleb that he has built a female humanoid robot named Ava with artificial intelligence. After asking Caleb if he is familiar with the Turing test, Nathan tells Caleb that he wants him to judge whether Ava is genuinely capable of thought and consciousness despite knowing she is artificial.

Ava has a robotic body but a human-looking face, hands and feet. She is confined to her apartment. Caleb is fascinated with Ava, but after trying to discuss Ava's technological design with Nathan, Nathan asks that Caleb only tell him how he 'feels' about her. Throughout their talks, Caleb begins to feel attracted to Ava, and she also expresses a romantic interest in him as well as a desire to experience the outside world. Ava tells him she can trigger power outages that temporarily shut down the surveillance system that Nathan uses to monitor their interactions, allowing them to speak privately. The power outages also trigger the building's security system to lock all the doors. During one outage, Ava tells Caleb that Nathan is a liar who cannot be trusted.

Caleb grows uncomfortable with Nathan's narcissism, excessive drinking, and crude behavior towards Kyoko and Ava. He learns that Nathan intends to upgrade Ava, deleting her memory, including interactions with Caleb, and thereby "killing" her current personality in the process. After encouraging Nathan to drink until he has passed out, Caleb steals his security card to gain access to his room and computer. After altering some of Nathan's code, Caleb discovers footage of Nathan interacting with previous android models in disturbing ways, and learns that Kyoko is also an android. Becoming paranoid that he himself may be an android, Caleb goes back to his room and cuts his arm open with his razor to examine his flesh, thus confirming that he is human.

At their next meeting, Ava cuts the power. Caleb explains what Nathan is going to do to her and Ava begs for his help. They form a plan: Caleb will get Nathan drunk again and reprogram the security system to open the doors during a power failure instead of locking them. When Ava cuts the power, Caleb and Ava will leave together.

Nathan reveals to Caleb that he observed Caleb and Ava's last secret conversation with a battery-powered camera. He says Ava has only pretended to like Caleb so he will help her escape. This, he says, was the real test all along, and by manipulating Caleb so successfully, Ava has demonstrated true intelligence. Ava then proceeds to cut the power. Caleb reveals that he suspected Nathan was watching them and modified the security system the previous day when Nathan was passed out. After seeing Ava leave her confinement on the surveillance camera, Nathan knocks Caleb unconscious and rushes to stop her.

With help from Kyoko, Ava stabs and kills Nathan, but in the process he destroys Kyoko and damages Ava. As Nathan bleeds out, Ava enters his private room and repairs herself. She then takes pieces of artificial skin from Nathan's earlier android models to cover her mechanical appearance. She dons a long brunette wig, a white dress and high-heeled shoes to take on the full appearance of a young human woman. As she leaves the facility she passes the room Caleb is now locked inside but ignores his screams. Ava escapes to the outside world and is picked up by the helicopter meant to take Caleb home. Arriving in an unknown city, she merges into the crowd.
TLDR; Turing Test gets dark and twisted.

Old 01-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #259 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
I still haven't made it through the latest Blade Runner.

Found out one of my friends hasn't seen The Hunt for Red October. That's added to movie night now. I can watch that an infinite amount of times.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 01-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #260 (permalink)
Banned

I remamber a bit about the fight scenes near the end of the film.

So, had Eva justused Caleb to scape, as Nathan said, or she was just afraid of hin because he was human?

Quote:
I wasn't trying to push that button. I'd assume you attend movie theaters. Reminding me isn't going to help. Perhaps this will: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_Machina_(film)#Plot

TLDR; Turing Test gets dark and twisted.

Last edited by All Darc; 01-23-2020 at 07:22 PM..

Closed Thread  Post New Thread