Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2020, 07:26 AM   #281 (permalink)
Banned

I'm not so fully sure, despite I well understand what you mean.
Sometimes things ignored start to grow, as nazism did.

I feel the world it's still in a wave of insanity, like a century ago or more. There is no real legitimy rational thought with coherence and fairness of principle.
I'm scared that in 21 century people think like monkeys (of all colors and races). And it scares me that such radical crazyness inspire the rise or reborn of old fashion crazyness in retaliation, like hatred about races and minories, religion fanatism.

I think think it's not a good idea to complete underestimate the sick bestial side of human population, the crazy side of our stupid civilization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Of course, the best way to protest is to ignore. They say the thing worse than hatred is indifference. If nobody shows up to "counter" absurd protests, then it's just a small gathering of people wasting their time.

That's what I don't get about countering white supremacists. If nobody came to counter protest, and no news reported on them, those 8 people would just go home and probably stop marching. Confronting them just inspires them to double down on their conviction because they see the confrontation as evidence of the thing they oppose.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-19-2020 at 07:39 AM..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-20-2020, 01:35 AM   #282 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I knew a Native American Soldier who said that he was glad that white men came, he didn't want to live in a tipi.

Of course I watched a documentary that taught me that in a lot of ways, tipis are better.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:31 AM   #283 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
And Muhammad Ali said "I'm glad my grandfather got on that boat". The tipi is likely the most aerodynamic housing ever. Tunable smoke flaps.

Quote:
I think think it's not a good idea to complete underestimate the sick bestial side of human population, the crazy side of our stupid civilization.
Fear not: Alexa Is SPYING On You, Even An Amazon Exec Is Worried, Algorithms Know WAY Too Much About Us

According to Tim Pool, we'll be All_Watched_Over_by_Machines_of_Loving_Grace.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:54 AM   #284 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
"Everything was better back when everything was worse."

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 02-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #285 (permalink)
Banned

Well, he is a soldies, so he probably have this sort of USA fermentated patriotism (USA here to stay, God bless America, America for americans etc..).
He likes white world today, since today he have rights like white american, at least on paper. I would like to take hin in a time machine, and put hin as a target of USA troops, which killed millions of indians and tooki their land, just to ask hin if he appreciate it.

A woman forced to marry someone she hates, lives sad live giving sex for hin, a usual inhuman practice 100 years ago, just because her family thought he have nice money and name, will not appreciate it. But her grand childrens would appreciate the money and maybe even thanks that their grandmma married hin, despite live a sad life and humiliation.

Scoundrel human civilization...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I knew a Native American Soldier who said that he was glad that white men came, he didn't want to live in a tipi.

Of course I watched a documentary that taught me that in a lot of ways, tipis are better.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-20-2020 at 09:38 AM..

Old 02-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #286 (permalink)
Banned

Brazilian indians have vegan homes :

No leather walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
And Muhammad Ali said "I'm glad my grandfather got on that boat". The tipi is likely the most aerodynamic housing ever. Tunable smoke flaps.

Fear not: Alexa Is SPYING On You, Even An Amazon Exec Is Worried, Algorithms Know WAY Too Much About Us

According to Tim Pool, we'll be All_Watched_Over_by_Machines_of_Loving_Grace.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-20-2020 at 09:48 AM..

Old 02-20-2020, 09:41 AM   #287 (permalink)
Banned

Better for who???

That's the key question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
"Everything was better back when everything was worse."

Old 02-20-2020, 11:55 AM   #288 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
He likes white world today, since today he have rights like white american, at least on paper. I would like to take hin in a time machine, and put hin as a target of USA troops, which killed millions of indians and tooki their land, just to ask hin if he appreciate it.
He's got more rights than the average American, because Native Americans have rights that extend beyond those that don't descend from native relatives. For instance, there's a part of Mt. Jefferson that belongs to an indian tribe, and it isn't permissible to climb from that glacier without permission from the tribe.

The US did the natives a huge disservice by not making them subject to the exact same laws as everyone else, and they suffer to this day largely due to this.

If you haven't noticed, the US is not currently doing any of those awful things you mention. Current Americans have nothing to apologize for except for our racist practice of telling natives that they require extra assistance because they can't make it on their own. The sooner that ill conceived bandage is removed, the sooner they will flourish.

The US is among the least racist countries in the world now. All nations arose from violent and inhumane times, and the US is no exception except that we recognized and explicitly stated the sovereignty of the individual. The foundation for recognizing every individual as intrinsically valuable and equal in inalienable rights was set from the beginning despite the long and continuing road to to perfect it. Perfection is something that is refined from imperfection, so if the standard of being patriotic is that the entire history has been perfect, then we should all sit around miserable and abandon our values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Better for who???

That's the key question...
It's a joke meaning old people think fondly of their youth and say everything was better "back in the day", except most everything was worse. We think fondly of our youth because that's an exciting time of life, regardless the reality of everything having been worse.

Last edited by redpoint5; 02-20-2020 at 12:02 PM..

Old 02-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #289 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc
No leather walls
Needs a 356 with a canoe on top out front.

Old 02-21-2020, 05:16 PM   #290 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

I'll drop this here. A racist email I just received:

Quote:
Dear Shared Services Center Caregivers,

Yesterday, we had the privilege of spending time together in community, enjoying great food and listening to Glenn Harris, president of Race Forward, the keynote speaker at our Black History Month celebration. Race Forward is a non-profit organization that aims to build a national movement for racial justice nationwide.

During his discussion Glenn invited us to reflect on diversity, equity and inclusion, the differences between equity and equality and look to how we might change our perspectives. With the invitation to reflect and the spirit of the discussion, we are making a change. Beginning with this event and moving forward, Redacted sponsored events will not require the use of Personal Time Off (PTO) for attendance. Participation still requires manager approval and, for non-exempt caregivers, time should be coded to “Meeting”.

Thank you to the Redacted Black and Allies Network Group (BANG) and the HP Multicultural Business Impact Network for sponsoring such an inspiring event.

We all have the opportunity to live and express our Redacted Values every day: Respect, Stewardship, Collaboration and Social Justice. I am grateful for this and all of you as we continue to strengthen our Redacted community.

With gratitude,
Redacted

redacted | Executive Vice President People & Culture
Do people not see the irony in having an Executive VP of racism? The way to be colorblind is to practice being colorblind, not focus on it intensely. Should I hold my breath for their upcoming White History Celebration? Our large institutions are rapidly being manipulated by racists.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread