Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Geo Metro XFi Engines/Parts For Sale

Hi Everyone,

I belong to a lot of MPG type forums but for some reason have never signed up here until now (though I've looked at it a lot)

I'm toning down my XFi collection if anyone is interested:

Complete XFi motor (no extra trans, sorry) $350.00 (I have 3 extras, all priced the same. all 3 ran when pulled, but I honestly can't remember how well. I always assume 1.0L need valve jobs. Good time to do it is before install)

XFi cam: $40.00+shipping

XFi Computer: $25.00+shipping (I have two extra)

I also have two complete rust free Geo Metro XFi's with a third I'm keeping for myself. 94 blue, needs the engine gone through. 92 teal green w/ a complete engine rebuild 5k miles ago, 5th gear needs double clutching to shift. New tires. Both rust free.

Located in Duluth, Mn.

I'll probably get around to listing them on eBay this summer if they don't find homes first.

Thanks,
Brenton

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

I would be interested in a cam.

pm sent

>

Last edited by redneck; 03-10-2011 at 09:19 AM..
Old 03-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I would be interested in buy one of your Metro XFI's. I would give it a good home you can contact me via shane.mccray@yahoo.com. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
sjr
Metro HotRodder

I have a regular metro will that cam and computer fit with no mods and work ? Scott , PM sent
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I will buy all available cams and one engine and all available computers, plus I am extememly interested in one of the cars, preferably the teal green with the bad tranny. I would buy two engines if the weight was manageable in the car and we could fit two. Or perhaps if I decide not to buy the car depending on shipping. I can send money today. Car would depend on price and I would like to see photos. Would have to make it to West Coast. Craig McLaughlin three six oh five five six six six seven two or cdmclaughlin @ comcast.net.

Last edited by cdmclaughlin; 03-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: incorrect coast mentioned-going to WA
Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post

I would be interested in a cam.

pm sent

>
Ok, you got it. Paypal?

$10 bucks shipping should get it anywhere in the lower 48.

Thanks,
Brenton
Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr View Post
I have a regular metro will that cam and computer fit with no mods and work ? Scott , PM sent
Hello, yeap, the cam and computer are plug and play. You're second in line for the cam, but one of the computers is yours if you want it.

I have paypal. $10 bucks shipping if that works for you.

Thanks,
Brenton
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmclaughlin View Post
I will buy all available cams and one engine and all available computers, plus I am extememly interested in one of the cars, preferably the teal green with the bad tranny. I would buy two engines if the weight was manageable in the car and we could fit two. Or perhaps if I decide not to buy the car depending on shipping. I can send money today. Car would depend on price and I would like to see photos. Would have to make it to West Coast. Craig McLaughlin three six oh five five six six six seven two or cdmclaughlin @ comcast.net.
Hello,

I should say, I'm the metro madness guy from a couple years ago in St. Cloud, Mn who NPR did a story on and went viral. google my name: Brenton Netz to confirm. I looks like I can't post the link until I get my posts here.

It looks like the cam will be spoken for, but I do have a computer left (this is assuming those ahead of you come through.)

Teal 92 XFi: I bought this one in Sacramento approx. 3 years ago. It was a life long Nor-Cal metro (zero rust) and hasn't been driven since I parked it. At one time I had 15 XFi's in my back yard, I'm down to the 3, and getting down to to 1 or 2 keepers. Pros: The engine was completely gone through right before I bought it. An engine mount broke, the fella was pushed over the edge and bought an Echo (can't blame him) I flew in to sac with a mount in my bag, used the tire jack to lift up the 1.0L fixed and drove home to Mn. When the engine dropped an axle must have slightly damaged the 5th gear sync, hence the double clutching only in 5th. The windshield is cracked, it has a couple small dings here and there, the tires are (were) new and assume still good. It's buried in a bit of snow, and parked in St. Cloud at my ex's house, so difficult to post pics at the moment. I have boxes of metro parts, buyer would drive away as they want it for $2500 or bring a tow-bar/trailer and shovel and $1500 and take her away as is.

Blue 94 XFi: This one is parked on the side of my house here in Duluth, Mn. Last year of the XFi and nice color. Orig. from North Carolina. Car is complete, but needs a complete engine overhaul. head is toast. rings are bad and various oil leaks. All glass is good, not a speak of rust and interior is near perfect. Bring a tow-bar/trailer and shovel and $1500 and she's yours. Which ever one doesn't sell will become my back-up to my 89 XFi daily driver.

All three have seen mid-50 MPG's first hand with moderate effort. I've pulled 67MPG in another XFi lost since sold.

I also have a base 1.0L and trans. Both $300 (as pair) if interested. Yes, I've hauled at least two 1.0L's and various parts plus a canoe on top of an over-burdened metro before. Take it slow and should be no problem.

Last time I counted there's at least 5 complete XFi motors in my shed, only one extra trans which is my back up.

Thanks,
Brenton
Old 03-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Follow up

Looks like cam is gone and one computer left. Definitely want that. Please, Engine yould probably make sense only if I got the car. I can send money by paypal for computer and we can discuss the other items.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

okay, whatever you want eh. It's funny, I'll be out in Port Townsend this next week with my boat.

Which car do you want? How do you plan to fetch it? A few more posts and I can post my personal contact info. Security measures!

Brenton

Reply  Post New Thread